300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPD Academy Training

Alright, so does anyone know what some/a lot of the rigorous exercises that the academy is going to put recruits through? I want to know what I can expect. Although, maybe it's better if I am not told. I might have a change of mind... just kidding.

Every Physical Training session consists of an hour of control tactics and an hour of PT. PT differs depending on the instructor. Some like to run a lot and mix in calisthenics. Some like to do a lot of hand to hand combat conditioning. If you want to prepare yourself, run a lot (including up and down stairs), do lots of different kinds of pushups and situps, jumpings jacks, squat thrusts, etc. One workout that I thought was hard was called climbing down the ladder. You punch the bag ten times, ten squat thrusts, nine punches, nine squat thrusts, and so forth until you do only one of each. It used to be that each class had to run to the beach once, and to the Abla homes three times where you had to run up and down all fifteen flights of stairs three times. They tore down the homes recently so you'll probably run the ramps in the parking garage at Rush. There's a lot more stuff but I can't go on forever. Hope this helps.

Comment

BOTTOM LINE: Just get a good pair of running shoes, practice running for distance, running up stairs, doing sprints, and then dropping down and doing push ups/sit ups. Definitely pay attention during any hand to hand combat session- They will save you when it counts.

Just Get Ready To Run A Lot,

cpd007

Comment

What kind of hand to hand do they teach?

Comment

For sure, focus on your stamina. Run, run, run. It will help with the other stuff also. The academy just got a new weight room so hopefully they will incorperate that into the PT classes. I always felt that they focused to much on stamina and running and not enough on strength. It's great to be able to catch the guy but it would be nice to be able to at least match their strength if you have to. As far as hand to hand stuff you will learn fighting techniques such as punching, elbows, knee strikes, defense tactics, taking someone to the ground, baton, cuffing, etc....If you are in decent condition you'll be fine.

Comment

BI Interview

I just got a call from my BI this morning. I passed everything and am scheduled for the home interview next week Wednesday. Damn, I am relieved and excited. It's been a long process!

Comment

Originally posted by mbau13
              I just got a call from my BI this morning. I passed everything and am scheduled for the home interview next week Wednesday. Damn, I am relieved and excited. It's been a long process!
              Congrats Mbau13 I hope everything goes well. Anyhow what is your Ranking # ? And I hope I get a BI who works as quick as yours. Good Luck Bud.

Comment

I actually love the training. Its nice having someone to push you as sometimes thats the hardest part about working out. You're normally feeling it a couple days after every workout. If you dont.... you're not pushing yourself.
                "Dont cheat yo'selves....Treat yo'selves"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4854 users online. 292 members and 4562 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X