Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cook County Forest Preserve process?

Hey all,

I applied for Cook County Forest Preserve police back in July, and hadn't heard a damned thing until a few weeks ago, when I had to go down to get finger-printed.

Anybody know how this process goes? What's next?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Phil

I'll talk to you in person about this or by phone, but AVOID them at all cost. I have very much the insider info into this place and it would be a true WASTE of your time to proceed with them.
    www.saveavet.org

Comment

I also applied with them. I had a written test scheduled for this morning but asked them if they could delay my process because I couldn't get off of work this morning. I was told I would get bumped until July or something but it wasn't a guarantee that I would get called. I am not interested in joining this police department as I would much rather wait for the CPD.

What do you mean AVOID them?

Comment

Got juice?

Comment

Avoid as in the place is insane. About 3 years they FIRED EVERY Officer with less than 2 years on. Disbanded K-9, disbanded mounted. For the HUGE area they have to patrol, there are usually about SIX Officers work. Oh yeah, hello, King TODDler holds the purse strings. The pay is horrible, the morale is in the toilet....where should I end. I had a family member in a VERY HIGH command position with them, now retired, and even he said avoid at all costs. I used to train with their K9 Unit until it got disbanded. I know ALOT of these guys first hand and if some of them weren't too old they would be gone. The younger Officers ARE already gone, have gone to better PD's. Forest Preserve Police is a laughing joke.
          www.saveavet.org

Comment

Why do you want to be a twig pig?
            One Shot, One Kill. Anything else is just pu(ff)y!

Comment

Originally posted by cclawdog
              Why do you want to be a twig pig?
              I've heard some rather be referred to as squirrel chasers.

Comment

Defend thy BUSH!!

Comment

Tree Police.

Comment

And being 'Ole Man Stroger's driver qualifies you to be Chief. Wait until you get a load of the D/C that is the ex- 006th Dist. copper that couldn't string along 2 coherent sentences in a row , has a driver, and sports the full length fur coat and fedora..These guys arent long for this world, with the budget cuts and if you think Dart is taking these guys as Sheriff's Police when the hammer falls, I got a bridge to sell you. I worked there years ago, had guys that got fired as garbage men in the city hired as Sgt's. Made a phone cal and a week later had a gun, star, and squad car full of county gas to drive around half the county..Could have been a good job, but as most things in Cook County got screwed up by the politicians..

Comment

i rmember them when i was a kid....' rangers'......and they had some real
                      old men as cop's, they had to change them to police,,,,cause they did not wanna retire cause they were had yellow police cars i do believe.
                      " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
                      " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

What are the requirements to start other then the state requirements. Do they have a swim test like the IDNR does. Last time I checked the pay was around 35 thousand a year.I would not mind being part time.
                        Last edited by guffyone; 09-01-2008, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Smart-aleck answer: get in good with the squirrels and birds; they have a pretty good idea where those landscapage-eating deer and drinkers and make-out artists and litterers and weed smokers and urinators and body-buriers are likely to be. More serious answer: PM me, or someone else, or look at the other responses. I don't want to to say anything bad about the FP Police; the best of them are as good as any LE people; please be safe.
                          Last edited by Monty Ealerman; 09-01-2008, 01:09 PM.

Comment

i cant find where there requirements are listed, anyone got a link for the requirements and process? i like trees.
                            “One person can make a difference and every person should try.” JFKsigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Future Shield View Post
                              i cant find where there requirements are listed, anyone got a link for the requirements and process? i like trees.

All i can say is... You better be on Todds friends and family list.

Here is the process. Fill out application, Call Clout, Pay(Donation) to Uncle Todd(urkel), Get hired.

Then you can enjoy the trees, squirrels , and landfill ponds.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4379 users online. 257 members and 4122 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X