300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Rockford PD?

Can anyone give me insite on how many they are going to hire off the list they make next week?

Originally posted by Jlrustman84
    Can anyone give me insite on how many they are going to hire off the list they make next week?
    I asked that question earlier and I heard it was 17.

Comment

does anyone know how long the process usually is?

Comment

it was 6 months for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ek1
          it was 6 months for me.
          Was it a difficult process for Rockford to get hired?

Comment

I heard its not to bad...i met a guy who was a county sherrif in Michigan..he got hired by Rockford and they said after the academy he would go straight to tactical....

Comment

Originally posted by Sk797
              I heard its not to bad...i met a guy who was a county sherrif in Michigan..he got hired by Rockford and they said after the academy he would go straight to tactical....
              I am sure he will be well loved by his fellow officers who have more experience policing Rockford than he does but yet he goes to Tactical.

I am not sure that someone making it directly to a tactical unit makes it a good place to work (it might seem good for the guy who becomes a tactical officer in an area he has no experience policing). In fact, I would think that something like that happening demoralizes the hard working police officers currently employed by Rockford and causes unnecessary bad blood.

Comment

First, I find it hard to believe that an officer from the outside, would be given an assignment with a specialty unit. Those positions are usually bid on and then based on perfomance and testing. He may have the experience and special training, but it is unlikely that he will be a tactical officer as soon as he returns from the academy.
                Second, he shouldn't even have to go to the academy. His training and experience would make him eligible for a waiver from ILETSB. He would have to go through the 40 hour firearms training and the 40 hour law review for Illinois peace officers.
                “Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

you guys may be right..but from what he told me..he was going of to the academy..he said.....also he said after his FTO program they were going to put him in tac..how true that is..i don't know..but i agree with what you said seVere...

Comment

Originally posted by Sk797
                    you guys may be right..but from what he told me..he was going of to the academy..he said.....also he said after his FTO program they were going to put him in tac..how true that is..i don't know..but i agree with what you said seVere...
                    You need 3 to 4 years of patrol before applying to any special unit. Chances are any department in the U.S. will not let any probationer join a tactical unit before the probation period is completed.

My .02 cents

Comment

Does anyone know what the written exam is like?

Comment

Originally posted by powertest View Post
                        Does anyone know what the written exam is like?
                        According to the packet I received from the recruiter its stanard & associates giving the written. Its math, reading comprehension, vocab, and report writing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4586 users online. 252 members and 4334 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X