300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moody Bible Institute PD

Anyone have any insight to this department?

From their job portal for Police Officer positions at https://www.moodybible.org/careers:

"Candidates must align with MBI’s Christian identity. Employees are expected to sign a Statement of Faith and adhere to the Community Standards."

What if you wake up one day and believe Judaism is the one true religion? Or that all belief systems are inventions of man? Or all beliefs are divinely inspired? What happens then??

I have a hard time accepting that an employer can dictate who you must pray to, or how, as a condition of employment. They already get 25-30 years of dedication and sometimes they get our blood and teeth too. At least let us determine which path of truth is the right path, for ourselves.
    Last edited by Ratatatat; 08-17-2018, 03:18 PM.
    One day, lad, this will all be yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratatatat View Post
      From their job portal for Police Officer positions at https://www.moodybible.org/careers:

"Candidates must align with MBI’s Christian identity. Employees are expected to sign a Statement of Faith and adhere to the Community Standards."

What if you wake up one day and believe Judaism is the one true religion? Or that all belief systems are inventions of man? Or all beliefs are divinely inspired? What happens then??

I have a hard time accepting that an employer can dictate who you must pray to, or how, as a condition of employment. They already get 25-30 years of dedication and sometimes they get our blood and teeth too. At least let us determine which path of truth is the right path, for ourselves.
      They can't deny you a job based upon your religious beliefs but it is legal for them to require you to sign one. If you were to change your beliefs after you voluntarily signing the agreement, then they could terminate you.
      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Do they wear dog collars? I would work there if I could wear my clerical shirt and collar...
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I like how they brought up diversity in their own mission statement. Then tell you they require you to sign a statement of faith. Lol. Who writes this stuff.
          Last edited by TUNEDNIMPORTED; 08-17-2018, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Hey. It's a Christian School. What's your problem?

Why are are you all so bothered that a PRIVATE school can have some standards? Don't like it, don't apply!
            Be thankful it's not a Madrassah teaching the next generation of murder-bombers...

Comment

Originally posted by TUNEDNIMPORTED View Post
              I like how they brought up diversity in their own mission statement. Then tell you they require you to sign a statement of faith. Lol. Who writes this stuff.
              Diversity is different in many different areas and ideas. As long as they don't discriminate in the hiring process, signing a declaration of faith is legal because it's voluntary. You are under no obligation to work there

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                Hey. It's a Christian School. What's your problem?

Why are are you all so bothered that a PRIVATE school can have some standards? Don't like it, don't apply!

It's a private institution, I get that. They can make their own rules. Also, it's not a PD... it's a campus security department.

I'm not dogging on Moody just to dog on Moody. A solid guy I grew up with went there, now manages a Christian radio station in Alaska.

My point is this: Heaven help us if the day comes when police officers can only be of one faith to get the job. I've known too many good LEOs from different beliefs to make religion a weed out factor....

Comment

It's a private institution, I get that. They can make their own rules. Also, it's not a PD... it's a campus security department.

I'm not dogging on Moody just to dog on Moody. A solid guy I grew up with went there, now manages a Christian radio station in Alaska.

My point is this: Heaven help us if the day comes when police officers can only be of one faith to get the job. I've known too many good LEOs from different beliefs to make religion a weed out factor....
                  Moody can not discriminate on the basis of religious beliefs. A Jew, Muslim, Athesit can apply to Moody (or any religious organization) without fear of not being able to be hired based on beliefs. However they will be required to sign the statement of faith if they're hired as it's not being forced on anyone to apply or work at a religious organization. No different than Liberty University or Christian Broadcasting police in Virginia.

In order to receive a religious exemption from state and federal discrimination laws, a company's "purpose and character" must be "primarily religious." Running a Bible-themed park may qualify, but it's unlikely that a family-style restaurant would.

The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission notes that the following questions are instructive in determining if an entity is religious:
                  • Do its articles of incorporation state a religious purpose?
                  • Are its day-to-day operations religious?
                  • Is it non-for-profit? and
                  • Is it affiliated with or supported by a church or another religious organization?

Comment

Welcome to Islamic America, 2025.

Comment

• Ratatatat
                      Ratatatat commented
                      Editing a comment
                      According to the U.S. Census, there are 39,044 local governments (county, township, city) in the United States.

Out of 39,044 government entities, 1 is muslim majority (Hamtramck, MI). That would be all of .00002%.

I'm much more concerned about guys like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81AfAzef4U4

They pay about 40k with 12 hour shifts. You might make more working for uber.

Comment

Originally posted by mranderson77 View Post
                      They pay about 40k with 12 hour shifts. You might make more working for uber.
                      Mall cop wages.

Maybe they're perfectly content with that. Years ago, I knew some teachers who worked at a Baptist K-12 school. They made peanuts... probably half of what public school teachers made. No pension or health care either. But as far as they were concerned, as long as their needs were met, their larger purpose was serving God. I recall they were always holding fundraising events to get pencils and paper and the most basic of classroom items.

Comment

From the posting on the blue line it states regular members of a evangelical church and 37k starting pay. With 9 officers for 2300 students. I didn't know being a member of a church is a requirement of a police department. Does the Illinois Law Enforcement standards board allow those requirements? Very strange.

Comment

• Joe Snuffy
                          Joe Snuffy commented
                          Editing a comment
                          They want Christian employees because everything they do there is centered on their faith. They want their entire environment to represent their faith in Jesus Christ. As said before I don't know why that's a problem. If you don't like it, don't work there. You won't be locking people up anyway. I've been on their campus several times. They are serious about their values and don't want the rubber stamp. I don't blame them. Their department really got my respect when I saw them in Commander Bauer's processional.

Apply if you go to Church and complete the academy. If you like it make a career out of it. if not apply else where as you will be state certified and have the edge on others. My 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by mranderson77 View Post
                          From the posting on the blue line it states regular members of a evangelical church and 37k starting pay. With 9 officers for 2300 students. I didn't know being a member of a church is a requirement of a police department. Does the Illinois Law Enforcement standards board allow those requirements? Very strange.
                          Mormon police departments require you being a Mormon.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8702 users online. 392 members and 8310 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X