300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Chicago PD

Has anyone heard back from West Chicago about the list? its been about 3 weeks.

Thanks!

Doolan615 Nope. I've been waiting myself. I went to the interview about 3 weeks ago. Haven't head anything. I've been checking my mail too, got nothing. Not sure what's going on

Comment

okay at least I'm not the only one wondering. The lady at the interview said we would hear something in 3 weeks. if I don't hear anything by tomorrow Im going to email the the PD and see.

Comment

No update for me either

Comment

I emailed them on Friday so waiting for a reply back.

Comment

Just got the email of the list, good luck everyone.

Comment

• Doolan615
              Doolan615 commented
              Editing a comment
              I got the email, wasn't able to make the list but Good luck! how many are on the list?

I'm sorry to hear man, it's about 40. Keep applying we'll both be in a department soon

Comment

• Doolan615
              Doolan615 commented
              Editing a comment
              its okay just sucks I didn't make it but I'm on 4 departments final list, got a interview with one and still waiting on one department to post their list so it will come in time. we'll get in to a department that is good for us.

good luck!

That's what's up man! I agreed, we'll be in the department meant for us, thanks!

Comment

Keep applying to departments. One department will want you. You'll get somewhere eventually. However, a lot of people I know were willing to move to Chicago like myself to receive an opportunity. The main thing is to get certified as an officer and go through an academy. Then, your options open up a lot more in the future. Also, CPD does have the best benefits though when it comes down to it. In fact, you receive more training in CPD when compared to suburbs. There's a lot the public doesn't know about their benefits, and even if you didn't like police work. You could always take the Firefighter test and transfer your pension to CFD. My brother is CFD and i'm now CPD. He knows navy seals who were CPD and then became CFD.
              Last edited by Fatal; 08-23-2018, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• Doolan615
                Doolan615 commented
                Editing a comment
                I was more than half way with CPD last year and out of no where wife was like nope not moving so I had to withdrawn my application, it sucked but whatever.

• Joe Snuffy
                Joe Snuffy commented
                Editing a comment
                CPD gets more training than the burbs!?!? That really is laughable. I would bet the average burb cop's post academy training exceeded the average CPD copper, same time on the job any day. I had training in patrol that friends on teams in Area 2 didn't have. No politics, no wait line...just me saying yeah I wanna go.

• Fatal
                Fatal commented
                Editing a comment
                It amazes me how the egos come flying out when people get offended by one comment. Especially when the post initially was only to be supportive to others to have options.

Anyone know how may officers they plan to hire?

Comment

• Doolan615
                Doolan615 commented
                Editing a comment
                I tried to ask the Chief at the written and he stopped me mid sentence and he was like no.

• irobles3680
                irobles3680 commented
                Editing a comment
                Doolan615 that's understandable I guess they need to sort out a budget

Originally posted by Fatal View Post
              Keep applying to departments. One department will want you. You'll get somewhere eventually. However, a lot of people I know were willing to move to Chicago like myself to receive an opportunity. The main thing is to get certified as an officer and go through an academy. Then, your options open up a lot more in the future. Also, CPD does have the best benefits though when it comes down to it. In fact, you receive more training in CPD when compared to suburbs. There's a lot the public doesn't know about their benefits, and even if you didn't like police work. You could always take the Firefighter test and transfer your pension to CFD. My brother is CFD and i'm now CPD. He knows navy seals who were CPD and then became CFD.
              Not exactly true about CPD getting more training when compared to suburbs. That is not always an apples to apples comparison. Please don't be one of those people who thinks that CPD is the end all be all of policing.

Comment

• Fatal
                Fatal commented
                Editing a comment
                "Keep applying to other departments."

• scotty_appleton814
                scotty_appleton814 commented
                Editing a comment
                I surely hope you do keep applying to other departments. Applying to more departments will increase your chances of getting hired.

• Raiden341
                Raiden341 commented
                Editing a comment
                Chicago gets more training with scenarios and a bit more tactical training because the academy is around six months. The Metro classes still do TTU and they have the same classes the CPD classes do. Said suburb can also elect to have additional training for their guys like BreathOp training and what not. Other than that, CPD are not walking gods on the street because their patch says Chicago...

Source, worked for CPD, was trained at CPD and now works for a suburb...

Anyone get more information on final list after military prefencing?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12050 users online. 456 members and 11594 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X