Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gipson7
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2020

Yay congratulations everyone can’t wait to see you all. I’m in class 21-1A. Don’t be afraid to ask us for help with anything. We are here to help each other.

Comment

• southpaw1
      PO
      • Oct 2013

Congrats to all of you guys finally making it! I know some of you been waiting awhile. About to start my cancelled day off 12 hour shift in a few hours so you're welcomed to pm any questions but might not get to them right away. To add to what Gipson7 said once you guys hit the streets don't hesitate to ask questions or for help. There's a lot of stuff to learn on this job and it takes a while so keep asking questions and learning. I learn something new everyday. Officer safety first when you hit the streets, the rest we could figure out. Make the best of out the academy. Good luck.
      Last edited by southpaw1; 05-22-2021, 01:32 PM.
      P.O. Andres Vasquez-Lasso
      E.O.W. 01 MAR 23

Comment

• Saluki89
        pitter patter
        • Sep 2018

Well my CPD investigator reached out.

Apparently they have suspended kentechs background for now to speed things up.
        Last edited by Saluki89; 05-27-2021, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• mwolf78
          mwolf78 commented
          Editing a comment
          did this end up speeding the investigation up at all or slowing it down
      • Evolution5k
        Forum Member
        • Jun 2020

I heard that there will be a FPT on July 10th. Good luck to everyone

Comment

• t4898m
          Forum Member
          • Sep 2020

When should I move into Chicago? I got my final Power Test July 10th.

Comment

• OUJE
            OUJE commented
            Editing a comment
            Once you get your offer of employment. Start looking around though.

• Brown2525
            Brown2525 commented
            Editing a comment
            Got mine too then July 11 the written psych
        • southpaw1
          PO
          • Oct 2013

Okay so I'll put it like this for you guys: Getting a final power test notice is like your conditional offer of employment so to speak. I actually remember the letter handed out after the FP saying that it is a conditional offer of employment and them telling us to start looking for a place if we didn't have one. So as long you satisfy the rest of the requirements (power test, psych, medical) you should be good but it's definitely your que to seriously start looking around and be ready to move on short notice if you pass everything else. Good luck there's supposed to be a hiring push happening eventually. We need people.

Look forward to you guys joining us out here. I'm always available if you you guys need anything. This job exposes us to stuff most people can't comprehend. There's good days, bad days, we experience traumatic stuff on a daily basis, injuries but we try our best to back each other up and get home at the end of the day. I take that very personal. Just make an informed decision if this is something that you really want. I complain from time to time but I still love what I do despite everything. You make the best of it. There's still great benefits and its a great learning experience. i just don't want to sugarcoat it. Talk with your family. They are making a sacrifice everyday too. They will have to worry every time you put on that uniform and leave. We forget that sometimes. Alright that's my speech for the day got work in a few. Be safe and good luck.
          P.O. Andres Vasquez-Lasso
          E.O.W. 01 MAR 23

Comment

• Cyncyn16
            Forum Member
            • Apr 2018

Hi everyone! I have my FPT this Saturday, but I tested positive for Covid.... horrible timing, how f*cked up is that!!! any recommendations on what to do now?? I emailed my test results requesting a waiver and I’ve been calling to leave voice messages, but I have not heard back. I’m freaking out at this point!

Comment

• Gipson7
              Forum Member
              • Oct 2020

Hey so as long as it a medical reason they will waive your FPT and send you an invite for the next one.

Comment

• Brown2525
                Forum Member
                • Apr 2021

Any one from July 10
                final power hear anything? Did medical and oral/written psych just have to go to the eye doc thurs to get glasses/contacts

Comment

• CPDJunior
                  CPDJunior commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I haven't heard anything. Had my psych interview this past Saturday. I am just wondering if for the NTR you get an email or you get a letter in the mail.
                  Last edited by CPDJunior; 07-21-2021, 01:42 PM.

• Brown2525
                  Brown2525 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah I had mine sat too. They send an email for the NTR hopefully we’ll hear something next week

• CPDJunior
                  CPDJunior commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hopefully! good luck to you. As long as I don't get that DQ letter lol.
              • Brown2525
                Forum Member
                • Apr 2021

Lol I’m in the same boat. Hopefully we’ll both make that Aug 16th academy!

Comment

• Danielk36
                  Forum Member
                  • May 2019

Anybody from CCDOC?

Comment

• Brown2525
                    Brown2525 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Right here brother. But I’m still in the academy haha I graduate Aug 6th
                • Danielk36
                  Forum Member
                  • May 2019

Congrats! How far in a process are you?

Comment

• t4898m
                    Forum Member
                    • Sep 2020

Did anyone get the NTR for August 16th yet?

Comment

• Brown2525
                      Brown2525 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nope still waiting lol

• CPDJunior
                      CPDJunior commented
                      Editing a comment
                      still waiting too
                  • CPDJunior
                    Forum Member
                    • Jul 2021

Just received my NTR for the 16th of August! I’m excited! However, I am not a Chicago resident and it seems like they’re requiring it on the 5th of August. My question is do you get an extension to move into the city before academy start date?

Comment

• southpaw1
                      southpaw1 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Congrats and welcome to CPD. I sort of warned about this scenario. You need to go find a place like right now! Usually you have until orientation or the first day of the academy. It's doable you'll be alright just get to it. Message me you have any questions. I'll try to get back in a timely manner. Good luck.
                  • Coffee_tea
                    Forum Member
                    • Sep 2020

Wooooo NTR aug 16th

Comment

• southpaw1
                      southpaw1 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Congrats and welcome.

• mwolf78
                      mwolf78 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      how long did your BI take I just did the initial power test and processing the 31st on Saturday

• Coffee_tea
                      Coffee_tea commented
                      Editing a comment
                      after I did my initial pt last year in July, I did my BI back at the end of august 2020, they sent me in October for the lie detector test lol then a final power exam this July , psych and medical immediately after . 2 weeks after written psych, zoom video psych and medical . I got the notice to report today! 8 years later I’m in

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17029 users online. 18 members and 17011 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...