Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just received a call from Kentech. We all have until 5:30pm to complete the questionnaire if you were contacted.

Comment

• Spoke with CPD HR. Guy was super helpful and said that the city will be calling applicants back in early June for power tests again, for the 2018 December exam. Hope this helps.

Comment

• rperez
        rperez commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome! I'm assuming that this is for the second/last power test before we get into the Academy?

• Has anyone that took the IPT on March 2, 2019 received their polygraph appointment yet? I'm still waiting for any type of contact.

Comment

• HoongBJJ
        HoongBJJ commented
        Editing a comment
        I took the IPT on that day. Just got an E-mail today, 4/10/2019 to call and schedule. Good Luck

• Pharrell
        Pharrell commented
        Editing a comment
        HoongBJJ I called the number on the sheet and the guy said to keep an eye out for an e-mail/phone call. He said they'll get to me when they get to me.
        Last edited by Pharrell; 04-23-2019, 01:57 PM.

• Received an e-mail today, 4/10/2019, to call and schedule for a polygraph.
      To do list: Bring Drivers License, 2 Black pens, wear business like attire, rest night before, eat before coming in, expected process 3 1/2 hours,
      OK to park in front of the building with 1 hour parking sign. OK and recommended to bring a snack bar and water.

Comment

• rick84
        rick84 commented
        Editing a comment
        When is your poly ?

• Received a phone call 5 minutes ago from a female Kentech Investigator. My home interview is 04/19/19.

Comment

• rick84
        rick84 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just got mine scheduled !

• Host_85
        Host_85 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's difficult not to get pumped up but I don't want to get ahead of myself. I know it's still a waiting game.

• Micayla Collins
        Micayla Collins commented
        Editing a comment
        Let your references know that Kentech will be emailing them a character questionnaire. A few of my references had contacted me today about that.

• RonalSS
        RonalSS commented
        Editing a comment
        got mine done on 16th, the interview lasted about an hour and half. nothing crazy but prepare to explain anything they want to clarify.

• How is everyone's timeline looking? Whether you received an NTR to the academy or not.

Comment

• Hello,
        I just submitted my PHQ yesterday. I took the IPT on 04-07-19. I went to log back in and for some reason it kept saying incorrect password although my password was correct. It locked my account. So I need to access it again? Or should I just leave it be?

Thanks

Comment

• Has anyone who took the power test on March 16th and paper work/drug test on March 23rd heard anything since then?

Comment

• Received an E-mail from Kentech. My BI report has been submited to CPD for further processing.

Comment

• HoongBJJ
              HoongBJJ commented
              Editing a comment
              rick84 I would think so. It went straight to my main mail/not junk mail.

• rick84
              rick84 commented
              Editing a comment
              HoongBJJ. If you dont mine me asking when is your poly schedule for

• HoongBJJ
              HoongBJJ commented
              Editing a comment
              rick84 I'm scheduled for the 13th of May.

• rick84
              rick84 commented
              Editing a comment
              HoongBJJ. NICE!!!! They are moving a long pretty fast....
              At this rate I would like to hope and pray we make it for the June class.

• Has anyone that took their Initial Power Test on March 2nd heard anything since?

Comment

• HoongBJJ
              HoongBJJ commented
              Editing a comment
              Pharrell there was processing the following week; paperwork, fingerprints, hair, and urine samples.
              I've heard a few has already done their in-home interview and a polygraph scheduled on a future date.

• So I have a friend who recently graduated from academy claim that he knew an officer that was close to one of the chiefs and was able to get a recommendation from him that ultimately got him selected for academy. Anyone know if there's any truth to this whole recommendation thing in CPD?

Comment

• Look I'm the first generation of my family born and raised here, I stayed in school and out of trouble and had no immediate family on CPD and got hired on my own merits. You'll feel better knowing that trust me. I got in by filling out the application, going through the process, completing all of the tests and waiting patiently. My point is who cares if he did. you and me will probably never know for sure. People used to tell me you have to know someone to get hired but that's all bs because I proved them wrong by trying on my own.

On a separate note I was having my vest carrier adjusted and ran into someone starting 16 MAY with 50 recruits so the good news is they are on monthly academies now we'll see if that continues. It's a great job, It's fun as someone mentioned but it's dangerous. I don't think people really understand the sacrifice until you're regularly responding to shots fired calls, person with a gun, knife. I'm in busy district though so maybe it's not that crazy everywhere. Good luck.

Comment

• Future-PO
                Future-PO commented
                Editing a comment
                Surprised they are having a May class. The investigators told us the next one would be in June. Currently waiting for my appeal email for the psych so hopefully they have monthly academy dates this year.

• southpaw1
                southpaw1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Future-PO yeah things change all the time. I'm just relaying what this person who's starting that day said. It's possible you are not in the cutoff date for that group and I don't know anything about how the appeal process works so that is probably on a different timeline. Good luck tho!

• Anyone here receive a FPT or Polygraph fail notice for the DEC2018 period?

Comment

• Can someone provide me the email for investigations to get an update on background status? Please and thank you

Comment

• Micayla Collins
                Micayla Collins commented
                Editing a comment
                312-745-5230 Please have your TALEO ID ready, because that will be the first thing they ask you. Im not sure if they will answer that question maybe try contacting kentech since they handle the background.

• Does anyone know when the next round of Power Test are? I heard June.

Comment

• rick84
                rick84 commented
                Editing a comment
                joefelly That is awesome news
                Are you from the May or December exam?
                When did you take your poly ?

• joefelly
                joefelly commented
                Editing a comment
                2018 Dec
                Poly was middle of March

• Host_85
                Host_85 commented
                Editing a comment
                joefelly If you don't mind me asking, how was the polygraph? I have mine coming up very soon and would like to be at least a little prepared.

• Vazquez97
                Vazquez97 commented
                Editing a comment
                joefelly I also took my polygraph in April and I haven’t heard anything I called and was told the same, I was just wondering if your investigator called you before sending your file if it has already been sent for approval?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10499 users online. 449 members and 10050 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X