Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question, I received two emails for the IPT with two different dates one on the 2nd and 3rd of February. Which one do I go to?

Comment

• NGUChris
      NGUChris commented
      Editing a comment
      I’d go to the first one and ask about the one for the following day.

I went to two IPTs for May 2018 that were 2 weeks apart because I wanted to cover my bases.

After I did the 2nd IPT, I got a call saying they were mistaken and I was already being processed since the first IPT so “sorry you wasted your time coming to it a second time.”

Has anyone who took the test in Dec 2018 and received a "pass" email and letter in the mail in January heard anything else since then? Has the hiring process been put on hold for the December 2018 exam participants? I pass but was given a lottery number of 22xx out of 3???. I know it says the lottery numbers were given randomly but someone mention to me that might not been the case. The lottery numbers are possibly based on the score of your test. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Comment

• lzizum95
      lzizum95 commented
      Editing a comment
      the lottery numbers are completely random, and are not based on score, I am 36XX and received an email for the IPT on the 2nd of March. However, I am also a veteran and CPS graduate. I dont know if that was a factor for my IPT date, because I have received an email before some with lower numbers than me

• NGUChris
      NGUChris commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s random. All 4 times I’ve taken it I have different numbers and it’s the same test.

You definitely have Veteran and CPS preference ..
    I have #36xx as well but I only have Veteran preference still no email for power test.
    I wonder if I should call them ?

Comment

• Mario5891
      Mario5891 commented
      Editing a comment
      NGUChris, how far did you get in the hiring process each of the 4 times? I was under the impression if you passed the test and received a lottery number then you will eventually have the opportunity at some point over the next couple of months to proceed to the next step in the process.

• NGUChris
      NGUChris commented
      Editing a comment
      Poly for April 2017’s round. It’s speculated the poly is good for a year so some people got to skip the poly on a second test cycle if able

I was told the next Academy date won’t be until April. Just a An FYI. not sure if anyone was told different. After April, it will be once a month.

Comment

• Mario5891
      Mario5891 commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope you're right DittyBlue. I heard hiring might slow down because of the election. The new mayor might have different plans when it comes to hiring. Does anyone know if the department is still understaffed and if so by how many??

Has anyone gone through the power test process ?

Comment

So far the only month without a CPD Academy class was JAN they started a METRO Class (Suburban group) that month but in 2018 there were 13 classes (granted the last one was a smaller group). All indications are one is starting in 5 days maybe those people will post something about that and yeah the mayoral election in 13 days is the wildcard in all of this.

Comment

Finally got my email for the power test March 9th.

Comment

• Emarq117
          Emarq117 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice! Do you have CPS / Veteran Preference? If not, what number range is your lottery # ?

• rick84
          rick84 commented
          Editing a comment
          I do have Veteran preference and my lottery # is in the 36×× range

If you go on the CPD website and look on the front page it'll say "Chicago Police Department's Strategic Plan," GOOD NEW'S! Within this document it says that CPD plans on hiring 500 new officers in 2019.

So idk about a hiring cool down, because based on this report, CPD grew by about 530 officers from 2017-2018 (pg 8)

Goal of 500 new officers in 2019 (pg 40)

Comment

• rick84
          rick84 commented
          Editing a comment
          That's pretty good news if you ask me

So I got another email for the power test on March 3rd and March 9th I also have a power test for UIC PD on March 1st would I be able to use the UIC one for CPD

Comment

I got my power test date for March 9 however I won’t have my 60 credits until May.... is this a problem?

Comment

• southpaw1
            southpaw1 commented
            Editing a comment
            No that should be right on schedule actually as long as you complete it.

Ok thanks I was just concerned because in my power invite it says they strongly suggest for you to bring your transcripts the following weekend for a hiring event they’re having at the academy....

Comment

No problem. You're welcome. Just let them know you're close and you'll probably be done by the time you do the next steps and get assigned a background investigator. Just make sure to get that to them once you have it so that there is no delay.

Comment

So I’ll be turning 30 in March and I still haven’t received my Power Test invite. Does anyone know if I would be following the requirements for the ages 30-39 if I get the email after my birthday. I emailed CPD but haven’t received an answer yet. Just wondering if anyone would happen to know.

Thanks!
              Last edited by Melisa89; 02-18-2019, 06:54 PM.

Comment

• AspiringChicagoCop
                AspiringChicagoCop commented
                Editing a comment
                If you are 30 when you are physically there at the test, you'll be grouped with the 30-39. The sheets are color coded and you grab the sheet that falls under your age.

Thank you for that information.

Comment

Has anyone attended any of the P.O.W.E.R. test practice sessions? If so, what do their typical workouts consist of? Is it different each session? Thanks!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8759 users online. 424 members and 8335 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X