Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a final power test this weekend. How soon after is the medical exam after passing both the final and psychological exam?

Comment

• Daciomagna
      Daciomagna commented
      Editing a comment
      with in a week hopefully, but hearing back from them will take weeks.

• Were about to take up some of the parking for our annual PT starting next month so if you see us running you'll know why lol.

Comment

• Daciomagna
      Daciomagna commented
      Editing a comment
      southpaw1 i read a lot of pages in these forum and you were always responsive and active, i would like to Thank you for all your help in answering our questions and , secondly I wanted to ask you if you know when the next academy date is?

• southpaw1
      southpaw1 commented
      Editing a comment
      @Daciomagna
      You're welcome glad I could help. I really don't know. Usually the recruits there, academy staff, HR, BIs would have a better idea. The city said they wanted to ramp up hiring eventually so if I had to guess middle of this month maybe 18 OCT or 01 NOV.
      Last edited by southpaw1; 10-02-2021, 01:46 PM.

• The next start date should be around the middle of oct.

Comment

• If you can save up some money ahead of the academy. I remember waiting 3 weeks to get paid. That was a rough 3 weeks with no income. That being said the police credit union offers a loan to get you through the initial academy, uniform, equipment expenses and some uniform places are pretty good with working all that out. If I hear any specific dates etc I'll try to share that but Gipson7 seems to know better than me.

Comment

• I was at the academy today for psychological exam. One of the officers working there said the next class will be October 25. Assuming we all pass the psychological and medical, we should be invited for that class, according that officer.

Comment

• Yes that’s true what Southpaw said about saving some money. My class started Feb 16 and we received our first paycheck March 1st. So if the next class starts the 25th then you will most likely get your first check Nov. 16th. Also while you are in the academy please put some money aside for your graduation package which could range between $2000-3000 depending on which package you choose, just a FYI.

Comment

• after years of waiting, I have finally received my offer.

Comment

• Daciomagna
              Daciomagna commented
              Editing a comment
              frubio685 when i went to my final FPT back in September i saw guys that have been waiting since 2017, so my time is very little compared to that, besides if it wasn't for the hiring Freeze and the Pandemic i bet we could have finished sooner. Bluelife01 about two and Half years.
              PWM2015 You are welcome.

• Daciomagna
              Daciomagna commented
              Editing a comment
              southpaw1 . Thank you, oh Yea i am so Ready. Thanks again for your Participation in this forum, it helped a lot. maybe we will meet in the academy on your Annual PT.

• southpaw1
              southpaw1 commented
              Editing a comment
              You're welcome. Good to hear it helped you out. Yeah I'll be up there real soon. When do you guys start?

• Daciomagna
              Daciomagna commented
              Editing a comment
              October 25th.

• Does anyone know if we have to fully vaccinated in order to go into academy?

Comment

• 508NAVY
              508NAVY commented
              Editing a comment
              I’d venture to say yes. We had a handful of recruits at PTI..PTI required them to be vaccinated or get the weekly covid tests…….

Just get the damn thing and call it even.

• Originally posted by Danielk36 View Post
            Does anyone know if we have to fully vaccinated in order to go into academy?
            Yes.

Comment

• Brown2525
              Brown2525 commented
              Editing a comment
              No you don’t as of now I’m in the academy and not vaxxed haven’t mentioned it being required as of yet

• Daciomagna
              Daciomagna commented
              Editing a comment
              Brown2525 i DMed you.

• SRaider6
              SRaider6 commented
              Editing a comment
              When we went for the psychological exam like two weeks ago, they told us we would have to be.

• Question: so the NTR is basically an orientation day? But the actual academy start day is days later, correct?

Comment

• PWM2015
              PWM2015 commented
              Editing a comment
              Deleted post
              Last edited by PWM2015; 10-21-2021, 09:02 PM.

• Hey Daciomagna did you receive my dm I sent you?

Comment

• Daciomagna
              Daciomagna commented
              Editing a comment
              Gipson7 no i did not, nothing after the visitor messages.

• I got a call today from CPD if I’m not fully vaccinated I can’t start academy.

Comment

• Gipson7
              Gipson7 commented
              Editing a comment
              That sounds about right if they are stripping us for not been vaccinated then I’m sure they are making it a requirement to even join the academy now. In the case you may have to wait until the next class which may be in Dec., unless you go out and get the Johnson and Johnson vaccine but they usually will have a class every other month to start. You should ask HR what is the protocol for incoming recruits. This sucks I’m sorry you are dealing with this.

• SRaider6
              SRaider6 commented
              Editing a comment
              That sucks. Did they say you can start the next class? If so, when would that be?

• 508NAVY
              508NAVY commented
              Editing a comment
              It’s not just CPD. ILETSB is making all recruits and staties cadets get fully vaccinated prior to going to the academy.

• That sounds about right if they are stripping us for not been vaccinated then I’m sure they are making it a requirement to even join the academy now. In the case you may have to wait until the next class which may be in Dec., unless you go out and get the Johnson and Johnson vaccine but they usually will have a class every other month to start. You should ask HR what is the protocol for incoming recruits. This sucks I’m sorry you are dealing with this.

Comment

• It's crazy what is happening right now. Just when you can't imagine things getting worse. Smh.

Comment

• I wonder how many people will be weeded out for this upcoming class due to being unvaccinated.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4995 users online. 315 members and 4680 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X