Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class 8/16 are you ready?!

Comment

• Hell yea, are you guys bringing backpacks and lunches first day, or just gonna bring the supplies requested by hand? Not sure how exact they want things

Comment

• Brown2525
        Brown2525 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was wondering the same thing lol

• What’s up guys, I’m in the class right before you and part of 21-3C. If you guys have any questions don’t hesitate to ask us. We utilized the classes before us a lot and looked to them for advice on things. Can’t wait to see you all there! Good luck.

Comment

• Coffee_tea
        Coffee_tea commented
        Editing a comment
        What should we expect on our first day? They said bring lunch but that’s all. Anything you recomendable for the first week?

• Tooo ready for Monday!

Comment

• Hello all,

I take my initial step 1 test tomorrow for CPD. I am doing this all again with hopes to get in to CPD.

I did the process about 3 years ago, The test, Power test, Poly, BI but i was basically turned down because of not being completely open about things i did when i was 12 years old. Yes 12 years old, which was a trespassing charge i didn't even know about (which i wasn't charged with but it was on my record from the local police dept) My parents came and brought me home and that was that forgotten. I NEVER received a notice or red paper that i was DQ. But my officer strongly told me that i was out.

I want to retry the process with hopes maybe the process may be a little more lenient this time around and i can disclose those things up front. (Seriously didn't even know it was on my record since there was never a court date and i was 12).

Do you think things have changed to get me in the door? I have been working FT since, no criminal activity and ready to go .

I haven't heard anything since i last talked to my officer which was a phone call to tell me its unlikely i will get in and she has now moved positions.

Comment

• Hey class 8/16, just wanna say to everyone good luck for tomorrow and the next 6 months, let’s stay motivated and help each other out and ensure we all get through it together! Gonna bring a backpack, the supplies asked and a lunch. If anyone needs help whether it’s a ride or supplies or anything, feel free to ask your fellow cadets. See you all tomorrow!

Comment

• Brown2525
            Brown2525 commented
            Editing a comment
            We got This! Can’t wait for tomorrow see you guys in the morning!

• Hey for all the veteran guys or newly hired, what’s the “welcome to the gym”? Care to share what’s it about or any experiences and tips for it?

Comment

• J.Cage
            J.Cage commented
            Editing a comment
            The best day you’ll have in the academy.

• 508NAVY
            508NAVY commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s the day where you see who was in shape and you get blasted by the gym staff.

My recommendation. If you’re class commander or not, the day before the welcome to the gym class, get everyone together in your home room. Have them bring their gym bags and go through all the **** that gym list says. Get a sharpie and have everything stenciled like your supposed to. Double and triple check your gear. Every missing item can result in a penalty……keep the penalties to a minimum, and you’ll be alright.

• I'm seeing new names on the schedule today always happy to see that. Please don't hesitate to ask questions and pick our brains. The big majority of us are approachable and willing to help. I learn something new everyday and that's how it should be. Naturally it's going to be a lot to take in and overwhelming. I promise all that gets better and once you become more independent the job gets better. I just remember not being able to shake off the adrenaline those first few days on the streets. It takes time.

I was reminded once again these past few weeks in some of the most tragic days in my career how much love and support we have out there and how many fellow officers from literally all over the country came to pay their respects at the wake and funeral. If you're reading this thank you and much respect to them. I saw the academy recruits looking solid so great job and you guys and girls hitting the streets this week be safe!

Comment

• After 5 long years I finally got my invite for FPT!

Comment

• Cyncyn16
              Cyncyn16 commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats! September 11th?

• southpaw1
              southpaw1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats and welcome. Perseverance pays off!

• Rita1998
              Rita1998 commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats! When did your Investigator submit your file?

• Thank you! Yes sep11. I had home interview on 7/27 and got the invite on 8/28.
            Last edited by Danielk36; 08-31-2021, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• Bluelife01
              Bluelife01 commented
              Editing a comment
              Danielk36 damn bro congrats you waited a long time but the time has now come. I am also In the process and just had my home interview this last Sunday Aug 29 hope to get called soon.

• I'm jealous seeing all you guys/gals getting up to your FPT! lol, i still haven't heard a thing since my poly in July 2020. Just know my file is waiting to be assigned to a new detective apparently. Good Luck everyone.

Comment

• Does any one know what’s the e wait from the psych to hear anything?

Comment

• Brown2525
                Brown2525 commented
                Editing a comment
                Was like two weeks for me

• Daciomagna
                Daciomagna commented
                Editing a comment
                I was also wondering about that, i called them couple of times since last week and they didn't tell me anything. When did you have your virtual interview?

• Brown2525 i understand you were in the last month's academy, could you tell me more about your experience so far? how much have you spent already? what is the schedule and workload/workout like? how is parking? what would you have done better to prepare yourself more now that you have seen what is like? personally the power test wasn't very challenging but something tells me there is more than in the academy? in the academy what is a NO NO that you think is worth mentioning?
              Thanks for your time.

Comment

• Brown2525
                Brown2525 commented
                Editing a comment
                I’ll PM. Yoy

• Had my interview on tuesday.

Comment

• Daciomagna
                Daciomagna commented
                Editing a comment
                i had mine almost two weeks ago, i was told that they send it all in at once, so probably expect your NTR next week, that is if we passed they Psych.

• Brown2525
                Brown2525 commented
                Editing a comment
                Congrats and finishing the process guys and good luck I’m sure you guys got it !

• Brown2525 thank you. I will wait for your PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3075 users online. 233 members and 2842 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X