Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I just passed my Final POWER Test on March 6th, took my Psych written on the 7th and had my Psych interview on the 8th and I’m waiting to do my Medical on the 11th for my last and final thing. I hope I make the academy! Most of my Dec 2018 people have started but I guess better late than never!

Comment

• Congratulations and good luck hope to see you in there next month. Next class starts in April.

Comment

• New CPD applicant here, just applied for the March 5 2021 open application period. Any tips on taking that entrance exam ?

Comment

• pgomez971
          pgomez971 commented
          Editing a comment
          From my experience taking it two times I would say it’s just a common sense and basic knowledge exam. Also it can tell if you pay attention to detail. There are questions and pictures that require multiple choice matches and a few questions where you need to choose the fastest route to get to a scene using a map by the question. I highly suggest taking the practice exam. It’s almost, if not exactly the same as the real deal. I did even though I probably would have been fine without it. Don’t sweat it.

• Saluki89
          Saluki89 commented
          Editing a comment
          Its not hard brother. As long as you retain the cognitive ability of a high-school graduate you'll be fine.

• pgomez971 .. Thanks for the update really helps !

Comment

• Only 16 or so of us passed today's initial power

Comment

• Originally posted by Saluki89 View Post
            Only 16 or so of us passed today's initial power
            Jesus. How many were there?

Comment

• Saluki89
              Saluki89 commented
              Editing a comment
              Roughly 70 out of over 1000 invited. There may have been an afternoon group separate from ours because I saw people in the downstairs classroom as I left after doing my paperwork.

16 were the ones who took the power. About 15 brought power cards but the CPD instructors said statistically 60% of power card holders won't pass the final power to enter the academy.

I was quite surprised. I remember when I tested we filled up Mccormick place and I thought every stage of hiring would have hundreds of candidates.

This was the final invite for the initial power for the Dec 2018 test group but still they said they invited over 1000 to the power. Quite telling tbh.
              Last edited by Saluki89; 03-15-2021, 07:20 AM.

• If anybody is looking for CPD gear, shirts, pants anything send me a PM. Have lots of stuff I’m getting rid of (cheaper than uniform stores as well).

Comment

• Does anyone know any upcoming FPT? and do they call you or sent you a email informing of the date & time?
              Last edited by Arroyoe; 03-24-2021, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• pgomez971
                pgomez971 commented
                Editing a comment
                The last one that I know of was March 6th. That’s the one that I went to. Before that was the January 9th one and yes they do send you a formal email with a pdf of the official invite in all glory. Although I will say I was contacted prior to this by another personnel investigator and asked if I would like to participate in one, that was a month before the actual date.

Stay in shape!!! Good luck.

• My lottery number is about ~2700 from the 2018 test. I did my poly back in July 2020 and haven’t heard a thing since. Called HR March 13th and they said my packet has been reassigned to or waiting to be reassigned to a new investigator. My problem is should I re apply for this new test.

I only need to complete the psych and final PT. just seeing everyone else here getting calls is driving me crazy. Turning 32 next month so idk if I can do another whole new test cycle. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.

Comment

• Dang3rdoom45 ive been waiting post poly since 2019 may. You’re not alone lol

Comment

• It’s official guys. I made it. I just received my NTR today at 6:35pm. The April Academy first day is April 16th.

Comment

• Gipson7
                    Gipson7 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Congratulations!!! Can’t wait until you all get there. I’m in class 21-1A so I’ll be seeing ya around. Best of luck to ya.

• pgomez971
                    pgomez971 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks bud. I’ll probably be the only Gomez in the academy. See you there!

• southpaw1
                    southpaw1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Congrats and welcome!

• What’s up everyone. Long time viewer, first time poster. Applied back in 2017, took my written in august 2017. Recently did my polygraph back in January and after not hearing back from CPD for about a month and a half I finally got a call back from my BI who asked me for any documentation I was missing. During that month and a half I did call them for status check about 4-5 times and left my BI a voicemail. Now waiting after my file was submitted to his director/supervisor. Wanted to share my story here with you all. Feels like I’m close to the end (partly know that cause he told me a rough timeline of what’s ahead should I move forward). Still not getting overconfident.

Comment

• Arroyoe
                    Arroyoe commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Did you have to retake the poly or that was your first time?

• ChicagoKid23
                    ChicagoKid23 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I didn’t have to retake it, actually. I really thought I was gonna have to especially considering how long it took to hear back but so far so good.

• ChicagoKid23
                    ChicagoKid23 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Also, next FPT should be in May. That’s what my BI told me at least.

• Did you have to retake the poly or that was your first time?

Comment

• For those that are going to be in this April academy 20-3 is out the door soon come find us if you already know what your duty weapon is going to be if you want to get the blue gun for cheap instead of ordering them

Comment

• pgomez971
                      pgomez971 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I have a Glock model 45. Where would I get the blue gun from?

• DanielHK
                      DanielHK commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Are they making you guys buy the blue guns now? They used to have a bucket of them that we used for the scenarios and gym. I'm guessing it's due to Covid.

• lzizum95
                      lzizum95 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      DanielHK yup as far as i know classes are still buying them. and @pgomez first get your gun inspected and cleared by range before you go buying the blue gun there is no rush to get it wait till you get to the academy before you start buying stuff is my advice.

• Those who are heading to the academy, prepare for the first day in the gym. Lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4052 users online. 247 members and 3805 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X