Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone still waiting from this Dec2018 exam date to get contacted for anything or are you gents from a different test date?

Comment

• I'm frm dec 2018 test date, I'm taking my polygraph tmrw june 24!

Comment

• southpaw1
        southpaw1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice. Good luck!

• OUJE
        OUJE commented
        Editing a comment
        xbambiix29 nice! Let us know how it goes. First time taking it since you started the process?

• All academies left resume on the 31st and people are starting to receive notice for a FPT on Aug 29, good luck!

Comment

• southpaw1
        southpaw1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome. Good luck to you guys!

• Anybody from Dec2018 receive any news?

Comment

• So I took my polygraph back in February and haven’t heard anything since. The last thing the polygrapher said was if I was willing to come back if they needed me to. I obviously said yes, but I haven’t heard anything since. Has anyone had this happen to them? And does anyone know of a number I can call to see where I stand in the process or if I have been disqualified? Thank you

Comment

• lzizum95
          lzizum95 commented
          Editing a comment
          The only thing I can think of was that they didn’t need you to come back and sadly after the polygraph is radio silence until a CPD investigator contacts you. You could try the HR number in the emails we receive. Most of the times it’s pretty vague answers though.

• Hey Gents, I was wondering if anyone could fill me in on what comes after the FPT/Psych exam? assuming you pass both does that mean you get your formal offer of employment next, or do you just get a date to go to the academy?

Comment

• Four g63
          Four g63 commented
          Editing a comment
          Medical examination then conditional employment. Must be a resident at the time of hire.

• lzizum95
          lzizum95 commented
          Editing a comment
          Medical, psych interview then NTR for orientation

• I keep hearing police officers say that they need more officers and that they’ll offer another written test soon. Anyone hear anything about this?

Comment

• 60630Chicago
          60630Chicago commented
          Editing a comment
          I don’t think you’ll ever hear that there are enough police officers. The mayor said after 20-2 there will be one more class this year. Keep in mind the current budget shortfalls. There was a test in January that they haven’t really worked through.

If you look at past trends CPD had a test in December/Jan.. may and august. There hasn’t been an announcement for a test and I honestly don’t think there will be one this December.

I believe today there is a FPT today, the people who pass that and everything after will probably be the last class of the year. I don’t have any insider information to testing. But with the consent decree they should keep on hiring, but with the budget shortfall and rumors of a hiring freeze I don’t think there will be

• Dang that sucks. I was in the process and listened to my investigator who said they’ll offer a test in April or May so I withdrew to finish school. Seems like that was a bad decision.

Comment

• 60630Chicago
          60630Chicago commented
          Editing a comment
          Don’t lose hope, the way the city works everything is constantly changing. For all we know next week they will announce a test.

• Still waiting from Dec 2018. Was told I have red flags and I’ll receive a letter eventually. Don’t know what that means.

Comment

• OUJE
          OUJE commented
          Editing a comment
          What’s the last thing you did? ChitownPD12

• I haven’t been contacted by a CPD investigator yet. They won’t tell me if I’m disqualified or not. I passed my poly in April of 2019. Haven’t heard anything since.

Comment

• OUJE
          OUJE commented
          Editing a comment
          My bad didn’t read that part.

• OUJE My file has been sitting there for over a year. My lottery number is in the mid 1000s. They won’t tell me if I was disqualified. A Sgt just said I’ll receive a letter. Would you be able to shed any light on that? I’d appreciate it.

Comment

• OUJE
          OUJE commented
          Editing a comment
          ChitownPD12 the only thing I could think of for receiving a letter is for a DQ. My file has been sitting for over a year as well but they never told me anything about a letter but to keep waiting pretty much. How do you know you passed the poly because they usually never like to tell you.

• 60630Chicago
          60630Chicago commented
          Editing a comment
          The red flags could be something from Kentech and poly. OUJE is right that you never officially find out if you passed or failed. It could potentially be that something you put down in your PHQ didn’t match your poly. So you could of passed the poly but the discrepancy/change/admission was a flag.

• Four g63
          Four g63 commented
          Editing a comment
          They won’t tell you because of the amount of applicants they are going through. Trust me when I tell you this, just be patient.

Word of advice: Do not call HR. I politely asked what’s the status of the hiring process for myself and behalf of most people on this forum page (as well as my irl friends).

What resulted from that call was rude remarks and comments from an HR lady and proceeded to tell me “how she doesn’t care” then hangs up the phone. To be honest, I wanted to tell her off. Instead, I bit my tongue and told a Deputy Chief about her unprofessional behavior.

That whole HR department needs to be... oh how does the Donald say it? Oh that’s right “drained”.

:-)
          Last edited by Four g63; 09-01-2020, 11:05 AM.

• Hey, has anyone finished the psych interview yet? If so how did it go? Did they go in to detail about everything, or was it a very quick process?

Comment

• According to Ptb.Illinois.gov the upcoming academy starts dates are; 09/16/2020, 10/16/2020, 11/16/20, and 12/16/2020

Comment

• 60630Chicago I know what the red flags are. Earlier this year when I spoke to someone in backgrounds about it they said I was going to receive a letter of disqualification. They then called me back after looking over my file and said I wasn’t disqualified and someone was going to look into my file. I feel like they would’ve told me by now if I was disqualified. In terms of calling in too much Four g63, you’ve just got to beat them with kindness. They’re going to give you the academy treatment every time. I know someone that called once a week for two years and they got in.

Comment

• southpaw1
              southpaw1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Awesome. Good luck!

• Four g63 Here's a bit of constructive criticism in the nicest way I can think to word it. What you do with it is up to you. It's not personal and not meant to call you out. I felt it was important enough to bring up tho. Self-control under difficult situations and how you react to stuff is very important on this job. I'm very serious. Believe it or not I read your comment like a week ago and couldn't believe what I was reading it took me that long to give you a nicer response (self-control/self-discipline). The reality of the job is you're going to have to put up with a lot worse than a rude person trust me (personal experience) and if you can't bite your tongue with an HR person of all people it's going to be tough for you. Something to think about.

Comment

• Four g63
              Four g63 commented
              Editing a comment
              Passive-aggressive statement at its finest.

See here you are advocating self-control and discipline, yet you indirectly stated how furious you were that it took you a week to respond to a mere comment that I’ve left on behalf of your department.

What I went through with your professional standards division/HR is by far one of the most unprofessional experience I’ve ever encountered in my police career. You make it seem like this is my first rodeo- it’s not.

You treat everyone with respect. If that situation happened with my department that person would’ve been fired a long time ago.

We are all here sharing our experience and expertise.

• southpaw1
              southpaw1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Four g63 Listen man I told you from the start it wasn't personal and trust me I would not get THAT upset over something this childish. I just meant if I posted right away you REALLY wouldn't like my response at all but were adults so no reason to go there. You went to the DEPUTY CHIEF because someone was rude to you? I was hoping you would take the criticism and see it from my perspective.

It's unfortunate if you had an unprofessional experience with an HR person but there is a chain of command if you felt so inclined to tell someone about it. Hey I'm all for treating people with respect but it goes both ways. You're just not striking me as a PO because of how you handled that. I'm really not trying to come off as an a-hole and I wish you the best if you choose to apply here. I'm always around to answer questions and help candidates. I wanted to check your comment/response on here vs the real world. I'm trying to prepare you mentally that we don't always get respect wearing this uniform especially now.

• DKGRNMARINE
              DKGRNMARINE commented
              Editing a comment
              This Corona thing has started a snitch virus. Everyone is telling on the Police. smh
              Last edited by DKGRNMARINE; 09-12-2020, 06:25 AM.

• J.Cage
              J.Cage commented
              Editing a comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5117 users online. 265 members and 4852 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X