Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Danielk36
    Forum Member
    • May 2019

Did anybody had situation similar to mine I am testing the 4th time the first time I tested I got disqualified for polygraph and since then they’ve been disqualifying me each time I test. I just wanna know if it’s even worth for me to keep trying? Thanks for the response

Comment

• 60630Chicago
      60630Chicago commented
      Editing a comment
      If I recall correctly, the Polygraph results are valid for one year. Are you getting DQ before or after the next polygraph? If it's the latter, are you getting flustered or evasive on the same question they ask? Keep in mind if you add anything post polygraph, you didn't disclose it prior and that can count against you.

• 60630Chicago
      60630Chicago commented
      Editing a comment
      Also, one of your previous comment stated they lost your file, did you recently find out you were DQ and it was in fact not lost?

• Danielk36
      Danielk36 commented
      Editing a comment
      I called HR they said I will receive a letter with DQ so is not lost. I’m getting DQ before poly. It’s been 3 years since I took poly, I don’t think it would ever get expired. I tested again yesterday one of the investigators that was there told me it’s gonna happen again. I should apply somewhere else.
      Last edited by Danielk36; 01-10-2020, 10:57 AM.
  • Mario5891
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2019

----------
    Last edited by Mario5891; 01-10-2020, 12:08 PM.

Comment

• OUJE
      OUJE commented
      Editing a comment
      Mario5891 Never heard or done one but did they request an interview with you?

• Mario5891
      Mario5891 commented
      Editing a comment
      OUJE yeah they wanted to get clarification on some things before they submit my file for approval. Now just waiting for the FPT notification.

• OUJE
      OUJE commented
      Editing a comment
      Mario5891 good to hear they are getting ready to submit your file for approval.

• Mario5891
      Mario5891 commented
      Editing a comment
      OUJE yeah my investigator said that. I'm hoping they'll review it asap.
  • southpaw1
    PO
    • Oct 2013

Mario5891 It's been a while since I've been hired so a lot has changed. The orientation and paperwork signing is after passing FPT, psych and medical and getting an NTR to report to the academy. It's for new hires.
    P.O. Andres Vasquez-Lasso
    E.O.W. 01 MAR 23

Comment

• southpaw1
      southpaw1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mario5891 If they hinted that you might hear something. Good luck on hearing something tonight or this weekend.

• OUJE
      OUJE commented
      Editing a comment
      Mario5891 did you ever get that FPT notice?

• Mario5891
      Mario5891 commented
      Editing a comment
      OUJE nope, still waiting. I heard some people received notices for the 29th. What about you??

• OUJE
      OUJE commented
      Editing a comment
      Mario5891 Still waiting to hear from a BI
  • Freeman1776
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2019

I got a email for my Final Power Test on January 25th, I'm very excited!!!!

Comment

• southpaw1
      southpaw1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats. One step closer! Be ready to go.
  • Freeman1776
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2019

Has anyone got an email from Human Resources yet?

Comment

• 60630Chicago
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2019

Power test is at 0800-1300 for those that are still waiting for an email. I can only assume people will be running outside so make sure to have hats/gloves Incase if it’s cold

Comment

• bluesent
        Forum Member
        • Dec 2019

I'm just curious. Did CPD call/email you if you passed the poolygraph or not? I tried calling and they said they can't disclose the results to the candidates.

Comment

• 60630Chicago
          60630Chicago commented
          Editing a comment
          In my case the person administrating the test told me that if they needed any follow up they will contact me to come back in. After that I waited and got an email from personnel telling me they are doing a follow up investigation. You never get to see your actual results. If you fail you probably will get a letter or email I can only assume.

• OUJE
          OUJE commented
          Editing a comment
          They told me the same thing^ “If we need you to come back in we will give you a call” but they never did and I’m still waiting.
      • Freeman1776
        Forum Member
        • Jun 2019

After you take the polygraph the examiner won't tell you your results. The only way if they tell your results to you if they saw if something came up on the machine. Luckily for me nothing came back negative on my polygraph. I waited for a month once my investigator called and email me to move me on to the next step in the process. Good luck to everyone hopefully you all hear something soon.

Comment

• bluesent
          bluesent commented
          Editing a comment
          Just out of curiosity how long did it take you for your CPD investigator to get into contact with you after Kentech closes their files/ post polygraph? I'm yet to get in contact with them.

• Freeman1776
          Freeman1776 commented
          Editing a comment
          bluesent, so when kentech had finished my file to send to CPD it was mid April and my polygraph was at the end of April, and I got a call and email from my investigator in beginning June. So it took a month.
      • Chicago19
        Forum Member
        • Dec 2019

Yesterday I had my psych interview, The first thing she said to me was "hurry up and fill out these forms so we can start", the whole interview she was rushing me to answer her questions and seemed irritated. Should i wait to hear if i passed or should i contact HR now and let them know? I think theres a small chance i passed but I did not leave that interview feeling to good about it

Comment

• southpaw1
          southpaw1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe that was all part of the "psych"? Who knows...but don't call! Just be patient it's only been a day.

• 60630Chicago
          60630Chicago commented
          Editing a comment
          Was she asking you to clarify answers from the test?

• Chicago19
          Chicago19 commented
          Editing a comment
          She basically was going through all the questions from the questionnaire such as the work history, drug history, education, driving record stuff like that, she was just so quick and was clearly rushing me to answer, I was clearly explaining my answers and i could tell she was messing up because she was cutting corners when she was typing my responses into the computer. Id hate to fail because of this especially after I've heard horror stories about the appeal process but ill just wait it out and hope for the best.

• 60630Chicago
          60630Chicago commented
          Editing a comment
          Well if she didn’t ask you any questions about what you answered on the psych that could maybe mean something good? Don’t worry about it, it’s out of your control at this point. Hopefully your alcohol and drug questions you kept them the same as when you took the psych
      • OUJE
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2019

Anyone hearing any news?

Comment

• Mario5891
          Mario5891 commented
          Editing a comment
          Unfortunately, some of the 2019 test takers are being contacted. Not saying unfortunately in a bad way....just wish they would get us 2018 test takers out the way first.
      • southpaw1
        PO
        • Oct 2013

Okay guys so people getting pulled from different tests, lists will not affect your progress much. If your file was submitted and approved then your still in the running for this FPT that's apparently happening end of the month. You might gets 2 weeks notice or 24 hours notice. It's always been a mystery but that's how its been for a while now.
        E.O.W. 01 MAR 23

Comment

• Mario5891
          Mario5891 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks southpaw1. It just seems like people who took the test years ago are being skipped over when HR go and push a person file through who took the test less than 6 months ago. I know as long as you don't get a DQ letter then you're good but it's depressing to see people come test and their process moves along while others don't and no one can tell you why.

• OUJE
          OUJE commented
          Editing a comment
          Mario5891 I feel you on that. I called HR today and they said I wasn’t DQ to pretty much keep waiting so I guess that’s still good news.
      • D.Hall
        Forum Member
        • Mar 2019

I’m still waiting from Dec. 2017 exam. Anyone else?

Comment

• bluesent
          bluesent commented
          Editing a comment
          Damn sorry to hear that. I did 2019. I'm just curious. at what phase of the process did they leave you at? Also Do you live in the city? If not they may have putten your address wrong because I know for mine they put XXXX ADDRESS CHICAGO, IL on mine and I don't currently reside in the city. Maybe they sent a letter to the wrong address?

• OUJE
          OUJE commented
          Editing a comment
          D.Hall Dec2018

• D.Hall
          D.Hall commented
          Editing a comment
          The last phase I did was the Polygraph in October of last year bluesent
      • southpaw1
        PO
        • Oct 2013

Mario5891 No problem. I hear you guys but everyone's background is different so there are a lot of factors that play into it. Also I will remind everyone that there was a time in recent history during the last recession where just about every department in the state including CPD was on a 2-3 YEAR hiring freeze. It was bad. Before the hiring wave there were only 4 tests administered in a decade! (2006, 2010, 2013, 2016/17?). So believe me when I say there are people on the job that understand what patience means lol.
        E.O.W. 01 MAR 23

Comment

• southpaw1
          PO
          • Oct 2013

Here's another thing a final power test never used to be FINAL! You would show up and ask the person next to you how many power tests they took waiting for a start date and it would vary 3,4,5 FPTs. I don't know if its still the case but your FPT would be good for 45 days from when you start the academy and they kept cancelling or pushing class start dates back and some people would make the cutoff and others wouldn't. They would have groups come in to keep doing the power test so that their FPT would be valid. You wouldn't believe the hoops some people had to jump through.
          E.O.W. 01 MAR 23

Comment

• 60630Chicago
            60630Chicago commented
            Editing a comment
            Also if you missed the first one you were DQ. Had to wait a whole year ( or 2!) for another test to restart the whole process.
        • Rf4
          Forum Member
          • Apr 2017

How does one get notified if they failed the polygraph

Comment

• OUJE
            OUJE commented
            Editing a comment
            I’ve heard you get an Email/Letter and call saying you got DQ.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12080 users online. 74 members and 12006 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...