Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone, I was told by a detective within the department that 2,500 officers are retiring in July 2020. So, hopefully, they’ll be more classes soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Future-PO View Post
      So I just received a email last night regarding the final power test/psychological for this weekend. However though, I am unable to make it due to a prior engagement and also I am unable to find time to see a doctor to sign the power test waiver. Do you think if I contacted my investigator about this they would reschedule me for the next event?
      Like rr743 said do what's best for YOU! Just let them know then so you don't mess up the opportunity. The department isn't going anywhere so finish school and go from there. Good luck.

Comment

• How was the FPT?

Comment

• Vazquez97
          Vazquez97 commented
          Editing a comment
          About 55 people showed up all for fpt!

• OUJE
          OUJE commented
          Editing a comment
          Did they mention an academy for you guys from this PFT?

• Vazquez97
          Vazquez97 commented
          Editing a comment
          An officer did say something about a November class but he didn’t really confirm it.

• Hey Guys, Recently I took my polygraph test at the Ogden location. My examiner said that I did average. I asked him if I passed and he said you did fine don’t worry but didn’t tell me that I passed. The examiner had also mentioned that when he asked if I had committed a serious crime , my chart kept going up, but she said it was not so bad. He kept saying not to worry and most likely I passed. Who makes the final decision and when would I find out if I passed or not.

Comment

• Babybrown
          Babybrown commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey man when did you take the polygraph? I took mine at Ogden recently too. I am curious as well on who makes the final decision.

• CPD just posted job opening on their website for another written test coming up at the beginning on 2020.
        https://home.chicagopolice.org/bethechange/

Comment

• Originally posted by OUJE View Post
          CPD just posted job opening on their website for another written test coming up at the beginning on 2020.
          https://home.chicagopolice.org/bethechange/
          That’s this year. It says from October 28 of 2019. Jesus

Comment

• OUJE
            OUJE commented
            Editing a comment
            The actual written test.....

• Merohingi
            Merohingi commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea, sorry. I was just surprised that any announcement was coming this year. I’m going through/went through the process so I’m aware. I wasn’t correcting you, I just misspoke without clarification.

• Yeah that’s normally how it works. There’s the application time frame and than couple months later is the written test. Which probably will be in January 2020.

Comment

• Hey guys, I’ve been in the process since the Dec 2017 exam, and have not heard anything since polygraph. Should I reapply and take the upcoming exam, and would that affect my current process?

Comment

• D.Hall
              D.Hall commented
              Editing a comment
              I spoke with HR on several occasions for over a year, until I was contacted to take the Polygraph; however, I’m worried it’s going to take another year to be contacted for the next step, so I’m considering taking the written exam a second time.

• OUJE
              OUJE commented
              Editing a comment
              D.Hall it shouldn’t affect you if you take it again.

• D.Hall
              D.Hall commented
              Editing a comment
              OUJE ok, thanks! How long have you been in the process? Have you taken the Polygraph?

• OUJE
              OUJE commented
              Editing a comment
              D.Hall I’m part of the 2018 December exam. I took my poly May17. Last time I spoke to HR they said I was assigned a BI and that they were working on my background.

• Anybody know if there will be a December class? I luckily received an approved waiver from the last FP I missed to be rescheduled for the next one.

Comment

• Anyone go to the open house recruitment event they just had?

Comment

• Does anyone know if there will be a December class? Or heard of any FPT coming up?

Comment

• Future-PO
                  Future-PO commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Currently wondering the same thing too. I received an approved waiver for a reschedule and then a separate email regarding the psychological appeal.

• Freeman1776
                  Freeman1776 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Arroyoe, Future-PO, Yea there is a class starting in December. I saw it on the Illinois law enforcement state board website. The class starts December 16th to be exact.

• Future-PO
                  Future-PO commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh okay so this is where they post the dates for the academy. Always been trying to find that.

• Received my NTR for this months class.

Comment

• Rdandez4
                  Rdandez4 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Vazquez97 thank you and orientation is Wednesday the 13th.

• southpaw1
                  southpaw1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Congrats to you and welcome to CPD!

• Rdandez4
                  Rdandez4 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you southpaw1

• southpaw1
                  southpaw1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You're welcome.

• Just received the FPT email for November. Anyone know any walk-in clinics that can do the waiver?

Comment

• Carlaacr
                  Carlaacr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  When is FPT?

• Future-PO
                  Future-PO commented
                  Editing a comment
                  November 23rd

• Corsell
                  Corsell commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I used a local CVS in-store clinic for walk-in

• Hey everyone i just received my NTR for the academy , happiest day of my life. I applied since May 2018 so don’t give up guys!

Comment

• southpaw1
                  southpaw1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Awesome. Congrats to you and welcome to CPD!

• Congratulations, everyone!!! I’ve been in the process since the Dec. 2017 exam. Finally I took the Polygraph last month, so hopefully, I’ll hear something soon.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11770 users online. 447 members and 11323 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X