• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got my NTR too! Best of luck guys!

Comment

• Congrats guys!
      Let us know how orientation goes.
      Last edited by OUJE; 10-09-2019, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• Anyone know how long they will give us to move in? I’m out in the burbs.

Comment

• maidana
          maidana commented
          Editing a comment
          They really dont give you any time.

• Hey the day finally came for you guys that's awesome! Always have a positive attitude, It goes a long way. Congrats ladies and gentlemen and welcome to the CPD! This is the beginning of hopefully a long and successful career for all of you. I hope you're all ready to earn that star over the next 6 1/2 months in the academy. Don't take it for granted and don't forget that there are going to be obstacles and challenges along the way. The excitement, nervousness and all out panic (for those of you who need to move and the rest of you that have absolutely no idea what you just signed up for hahaha only kidding) that will set in is natural and will pass. Probably too late but celebrate responsibly and good luck at orientation and in the academy.

Comment

• How was orientation guys? Any news on another FPT/academy in the near future?
          Last edited by OUJE; 10-11-2019, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• ChiSoxCJ
            ChiSoxCJ commented
            Editing a comment
            Orientation was straight forward. Paperwork, what to expect in the academy, etc.

They didn't mention dates for new academy start dates from what I remember but the budget meeting is in november. Maybe there could be a December class. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything.

• Sounds good thanks

Comment

• There will be a fpt on October 26! I just got the email to attend.

Comment

• southpaw1
              southpaw1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice. Good luck!

• Vazquez97
              Vazquez97 commented
              Editing a comment
              OUJE you will receive a call from an investigator letting you know she send your file.I will call them to check on your status or speak to your assigned investigator that’s what I did also feel like it’ll help you know how your doing in the process but it is a waiting game and hope for the best is all we can do

• Vazquez97
              Vazquez97 commented
              Editing a comment
              southpaw1 thanks

• southpaw1
              southpaw1 commented
              Editing a comment
              You're welcome.

• An investigator contacted me on Sunday, and I am scheduled to take the Polygraph the week after next at the Ogden location. Anyone knows what to expect?

Comment

• OUJE
              OUJE commented
              Editing a comment
              D.Hall I took it there. No need to arrive extra early arrive like 5 minutes before because they will open the door for you guys at the exact time they told you to arrive. You will fill out a couple of questions on paper then you will begin the actual polygraph. It’s yes and no question for the polygraph.

• ChiSoxCJ
              ChiSoxCJ commented
              Editing a comment
              Took it there as well. My polygraph examiner had a sense of humor so it made it go by real smoothly.

• D.Hall
              D.Hall commented
              Editing a comment
              Ok, cool. Thanks!

• Good luck to those of you starting tomorrow. Eat right and get some rest. Get there early! You guys got this!

Comment

• illini372
              illini372 commented
              Editing a comment
              And people still showed up in tennis shoes and no jacket. If you can’t afford one, try to borrow one or just buy a decent one from Goodwill. Go wearing tennis shoes and no jacket is guarantee that you will get messed with on the first day or two.

• southpaw1
              southpaw1 commented
              Editing a comment
              illini372 Oh man it never fails...always a few. I agree there's Goodwill, you can borrow something from friends and family, walk into any retail store and open a credit card, etc. I pulled it off back when I was there. I owned one suit and just changed out the dress shirts and washed the pants. You have to make it work. At the most you're in a suit for a couple of weeks. I used to keep telling people all of the common sense stuff like that but it takes out all the fun when a new recruit casually strolls in with their fancy coffee on the first day, out of uniform and is in front lean position for 5 min lol.

Last edited by D.Hall; 10-19-2019, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• Does anyone know if CPD reach out to candidates for the FPT based on your lottery number after a successful polygraph?

Comment

• Mario5891
                Mario5891 commented
                Editing a comment
                Right, but do they start a person background based on lottery numbers? I'm just curious. I don't have a background that involves jail time and all of my previous employers can be reached.

• Mario5891
                Mario5891 commented
                Editing a comment
                Someone mentioned before that everything is done in waves. I'm just trying to understand how this process works.

• OUJE
                OUJE commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m not sure I think the lottery gets tossed out as soon as you hit the back ground investigator and they just knock your investigation out in order that they get you.

• rr743
                rr743 commented
                Editing a comment
                Lottery numbers is just a way for them to keep track. It has nothing with being called first or last. You can have a lottery number of 1000000 and be hired first and have a lottery of 1 and never be called.

• CPD is hosting a open house recruitment event Saturday Nov 2nd at the academy. Seems to me like a new entry exam will be coming in the near future.

Comment

• So I just received a email last night regarding the final power test/psychological for this weekend. However though, I am unable to make it due to a prior engagement and also I am unable to find time to see a doctor to sign the power test waiver. Do you think if I contacted my investigator about this they would reschedule me for the next event?

Comment

• Future-PO
                Future-PO commented
                Editing a comment
                I took it last year from my first process. This is my second process and my BI pretty much told me I didn't need to take it the second time.

• Merohingi
                Merohingi commented
                Editing a comment
                OP that would be the dumbest thing you could do. They are having the Final which leads me to believe the rumored November class is happening. I wouldnt postpone anything unless you can’t 1000% take the test.
                Last edited by Merohingi; 10-23-2019, 07:58 PM.

• Future-PO
                Future-PO commented
                Editing a comment
                The issue is that if I withdrew all my classes in the middle of November, while currently in my last semester of undergrad, then it would pretty much force me to forfeit my entire degree program from the past 4 years. Just didn't think this process would go by this quick.

• rr743
                rr743 commented
                Editing a comment
                Future-PO Remember do what’s best for you. There are tons of other departments hiring and they will continue to hire. Aside from doctors note, I went to a Target minute clinic back when I went through and doc signed the waiver no problem.

• Hello everyone,

My last step was the polygraph test back in June, is anyone still waiting for a call from the investigator?

Comment

• OUJE
                OUJE commented
                Editing a comment
                I did the polygraph back in May. Still waiting.

• Mario5891
                Mario5891 commented
                Editing a comment
                My last step was the polygraph test in June also. For a moment it seems like everyone who has received notice for the FPT are individuals who took the polygraph back in April and May. I thought they were finishing up those candidates first then moving to candidates who took poly in June and July. This is my theory....based on others who took the December 2018 exam. I haven't heard from anyone who took the polygraph in June or July and have been invited to take the FPT.
                If anyone out there has, please let us know....

• OUJE
                OUJE commented
                Editing a comment
                I took my polygraph May 17 to be exact. Still no email or a call from a BI but something will come soon

• Babybrown
                Babybrown commented
                Editing a comment
                This is my first post here on this forum. Hello to everyone. I did my polygraph this past Saturday October 19. Im curious to know as well how this whole process works interms of who gets called first.

• OUJE Thank you, I don't feel left out now lol. Any word if they are having another class starting in Dec?

Comment

• OUJE
                OUJE commented
                Editing a comment
                Lala_Herrera NP. Haven’t heard anything about a December academy. Someone on here mentioned something about it but there’s no official word yet.
                Last edited by OUJE; 10-23-2019, 05:38 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7875 users online. 193 members and 7682 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X