Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mick_tronson View Post
    NTRs for October 16 are out.
    Is this process automated? Automated as in the emails send without human interaction.
    Last edited by Merohingi; 10-03-2019, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• mick_tronson
      mick_tronson commented
      Editing a comment
      Doubt it. Your name will be at the top. I was a july fpt, finished all the steps in august.

• Then you were probably due to start in Sept so they pushed you to Oct. When did you receive your notice to report to academy? Arent you supposed to go to orientation first?

Comment

• I took the IPT last week, the 29th, and one of the investigators alluded to class coming soon. I didn’t think he meant that fast so I was curious if actual humans sent out the NTR or if they were entered into the system before the freeze was initiated. Wouldn’t something like this be newsworthy though? Outside of the forum there is like zero news lol.

Comment

• Did the Psychological interview on Wednesday and Medical on Thursday. Sitting and waiting now. Super excited.

Comment

• I hear it take 2 weeks to receive medical and psy results. Which seems like not enough time to even make it to the orientation on the 10th. Sucks especially knowing that October is the last class of the year.

Comment

• OUJE
            OUJE commented
            Editing a comment
            How do you know it’s the last class of the year?

• That was the conversation during the final power test that they are pushing for city hall to allow one last large class for the end of the year. Which is October.

Comment

• Who said orientation is in the 10th? Also yes I heard the same thing from my BI that it takes two weeks to receive results. So i dont know if we would have to re-do a psych again if some time passes whenever they get green light for a class again but seems like Sept would be the Oct academy. I dont know...

Comment

• Yea I think October is the last class of this year because the mayor is trying to fix the budget going into next year. For the people who are still in the hiring process including me, I suggest we all should look forward going into the academy next year around January and February. Also in the meantime I suggest people should look into other departments as well. Don't get me wrong CPD is definitely the best department to be, but there are also other departments out there that has better pay and their hiring process goes a little bit quicker then CPD. I put in for Evanston Police department until I here from CPD. But I wish everyone the best of luck and hopefully we all get in CPD sooner then later.

Comment

• OUJE
                OUJE commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree on putting in for different departments. I put in for Metra my self. Have the written test coming up here soon.

• mick_tronson
                mick_tronson commented
                Editing a comment
                The budget is already set for manpower. Theres at least 30+ retiring every month, they have to keep up with this or its gonna be like when rahm froze the department. Thats what led to extensive OT.

• dbland128
                dbland128 commented
                Editing a comment
                Freeman1776 how did evanston test go?
                OUJE how did metra go?

• The FPT is only valid for 45 days. Those who took the IPT in September will probably be taking the FPT around November/December timeframes if the process is going along the same timeline. If there is another big class at the start of 2020, wouldn’t that be the only valid pool for the academy? As of October, there isn’t any other FPTs scheduled after this month as far as I’ve been told.

Comment

• I am out of state so I’m curious to the “specifics” of the process. How mandatory is the hiring thing this week for people in the process? Has anyone not shown up and still made it to the academy?

Comment

• OUJE
                  OUJE commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Every part of the process is “very mandatory” not showing up means your get passed up. I’m sure you’re given another chance later on.

• If the July fpt still got the NTR then that 45 day rule is not being enforced and quite frankly i don’t care. Just get us in without the extra bs!
                Last edited by The process; 10-04-2019, 08:01 PM.

Comment

• Oct 5, 2019

So today there was a big group of people showing up for the urine and hair test. We filled out a bunch of paperwork. During the wait for the hair test I overheard one of the officers talk about an academy class on OCT 16 and ANOTHER one in DEC 2019. Take it with a grain of salt. Let's hope there's another class.

Comment

• Tino
                    Tino commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wait you were taking a hair and urine test? What step in the process are you on?

• The process
                    The process commented
                    Editing a comment
                    He or she is on the step of the process where they take the urine and hair test which is after the initial power test!

• Originally posted by xbambiix29 View Post
                  Oct 5, 2019

So today there was a big group of people showing up for the urine and hair test. We filled out a bunch of paperwork. During the wait for the hair test I overheard one of the officers talk about an academy class on OCT 16 and ANOTHER one in DEC 2019. Take it with a grain of salt. Let's hope there's another class.
                  Pffffff

Comment

• It's now October 7th. We're 9 days away from the October 16th starting class. Still nothing from CPD. I finished the FPT, Psych written/interview, and medical last week. Any updates from you guys?

Comment

• The process
                      The process commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Correct me if I’m wrong but the real countdown is October 10th which is the mandatory orientation 3 days away.

• rperez
                      rperez commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You're probably right. I believe that the academy can sometimes be of last minute and sometimes not punctual with getting new people into the academy. I have a friend that literally got called in the day of to go into the academy. Other friends told me they gave them a 3 day notice. Anything can happen at this point. Hopefully all in our favor.

• Same boat with me. I had a friend last year that told me she got called for orientation 2-3 days before. She had given her employer at the time no notice as she was told last minute. The following week she reported to the academy. As far as Oct 16, my BI told me that the Sept 28 FPT is the last one for the Oct 16 academy. This makes me believe if all is well well be notified this week. Im sure when they had scheduled the Sept 28 FPT back then with a Oct 16 start date they considered how close it came to orientation (i hope so at least lol).

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4164 users online. 181 members and 3983 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X