Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does the psychological people ask if you graduated high school, got arrested, or employed? What does any of this have to do with a psyvhological profile?

Comment

• joefelly
      joefelly commented
      Editing a comment
      You have to take their simple questions with a grain of salt, it’s their job to find if you lose your temper “having an attitude” with personal questions, cause at that time you're in a controlled environment with the doctor, imagine when your working the streets where you can’t control what people say to you, You’re gonna have to have really thick skin working in Chicago as a police officer. You will no doubt get insulted on a daily basis with insulting words on the job, especially working in rough neighborhoods.

• maidana
      maidana commented
      Editing a comment
      I would think the psych Dr's wouldnt have background details. I would think that would be confidential.

• joefelly
      joefelly commented
      Editing a comment
      They might or might not have your background information but most likely whatever you tell them about your history they will also give that information to your CPD investigator to cross reference and see if your straight and consistent with your answers.

• Future-PO
      Future-PO commented
      Editing a comment
      The thing is that I spoke with my CPD investigator about my psych exam and he explained to me that the psychologist basically recommened CPD whether you are suitable or not suitable. He never mentioned anything about the personal history/background info.

• Has anyone who took the fpt June 22 heard anything about their psych/medical results?

Comment

• demon92
      demon92 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks poops

• Jharo2013
      Jharo2013 commented
      Editing a comment
      @poops when you received your NTR was it by email or was it a call?

• PoopsMcgee
      PoopsMcgee commented
      Editing a comment
      Jharo i got it through email

• Jharo2013
      Jharo2013 commented
      Editing a comment
      PoopsMcgee how’s the academy so far?

• Guys do not withdraw will not put you as new application

Comment

• joefelly
      joefelly commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you clarify, on what happened? You mentioned you got a DQ email in a response from page 11. Did you receive a DQ email recently from either Psych or Medical from the June 22 FPT period of this year? If not When did you take your psych/medical?
      Last edited by joefelly; 07-09-2019, 05:40 PM.

• dbland128
      dbland128 commented
      Editing a comment
      Its not withdrawing that's the issue......If you got disqualified..... Your disqualified and unfortunately that will follow you through each test cycle

• In 2016 got DQ tried appealing meantime took 2018 May 2018 December test 2 years later I called HR to check what’s going on with the appeal she said I am better of to withdraw from2016 cause 2018 will not move forward when 2016 is open. Do I did withdraw it did move forward to the point I got DQ again. When I called my investigator asking about my 2018 Dec process, he said my application was forwarded to HR for further review. So should I wait or just forget it?

Comment

• I took my Poly beginning of June. Is there a timeframe I can possibly hear about next steps or is it totally random?

Comment

• Mario5891
        Mario5891 commented
        Editing a comment
        bacerottd, what number did you call and what information did you provide them with to look up your file?

• bacerottd
        bacerottd commented
        Editing a comment
        Mario call 312-745-5230 have your TALEO ID# ready which can be found on your written passed letter

• Rnelson
        Rnelson commented
        Editing a comment
        Be prepared to get attitude when you call and very short answers

• Mario5891
        Mario5891 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! I'm guessing others might be in the same situation as me. Took the Poly in June and haven't heard anything since.

• For those of you who submitted the PHQ last month, did anyone get a call from an investigator yet?

Comment

• sbuckley0922
        sbuckley0922 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was trying to find out the same thing. I went for processing on the 15th and submitted my PHQ on the 18th and haven’t heard anything

• Does anyone know if a lot of the people from the December 2018 exam have received NTR yet?
      Also we know there's a July Class starting but is there a August and September class?

Comment

• dbland128
        dbland128 commented
        Editing a comment
        an investigator told me that hiring has slowed down from 20016-2018 from 100 per academy class to 35 in 2019. A lot of December candidates are just stuck in the loop.

• Mario5891
        Mario5891 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow! But why offer new test dates if you have people who already took and passed the test and still want the job waiting. I guess we just have to be patient

• Is there any range to hear from a CPD Investigator after Polygraph? I know it's pretty random but is there any timeframe I can look forward to hearing anything?

Comment

• Does anyone know how much debt we’re allowed to have? Trying to figure out if I should pay off a personal loan fully or keep paying it monthly?

Comment

• dbland128
          dbland128 commented
          Editing a comment
          they dont want any debt in collections and they look at your debt to income ratio. so no one can answer this but yourself

• Hello, I have a quick question completed all the steps for CPD and recently, in the past 2 weeks received a call from an investigator regarding my drug test it came positive and asked if I took any meds or prescribed medication but did mentione that it did not look as prescribed meds. I ve never took any types of drugs or smoked drugs and not able to understand how it was possible to come positive. Anyone having similar situation and if yes how to handle it. I am still shocked and can t believe it. Thank you any reply greatly appreciated

Comment

• joefelly
          joefelly commented
          Editing a comment
          Not in the same situation, but maybe might have drinked something without knowing “spiked” when you went out with some friends? can ask, when did “date” you do your drug test?

• There is a final power test in August. Waiting on exact date in August.
        additionally class sizes have been reduced to 30-35 per class oppose to 100

Comment

• Mario5891
          Mario5891 commented
          Editing a comment
          the process, do you know if there are multiple dates in August or if they have already started calling people to come in to test?
          Thanks

• The date was June 22, and before or during that time Never took or smoked any drugs, that week I had a tight schedule no outings with friends that is why I am confused I've always believed that if I will not be selected /or they have doubts it would be on something that I do not qualify but not on something that never did

Comment

• I will never understand for the life of me why the psych people can fail you for a small arrest or other background stuff. Isnt that the job of the background investigation? I dont understand why its their business to get personal
          Last edited by maidana; 07-27-2019, 03:28 PM.

Comment

• joefelly
            joefelly commented
            Editing a comment
            How and when did you get notified? What day did you do psych?

• Mario5891 typically there are two ipt dates and normally one fpt date. Additionally I don’t believe any emails were sent out for the fpt dates. They can set the fpt any day in August at the last minute, it’s up to the candidate to be prepared.

Comment

• I received my NTR today!!! I start the academy on the 16th

Comment

• southpaw1
              southpaw1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats and welcome to CPD!

• Jharo2013
              Jharo2013 commented
              Editing a comment
              thank you southpaw1 im excited to start

• southpaw1
              southpaw1 commented
              Editing a comment
              You're welcome!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4543 users online. 250 members and 4293 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X