300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago Police 2018 / December Exam

A new test cycle is coming up, written expected the week of Dec 8. Applications are open!
    DHS CBP Officer 19-4
    NOR Written: 2/11/19 - Pass
    NOR Fitness Test: 4/2/19 - Pass
    NOR Interview: 4/10/19 - Pass
    NOR Medical: 2/26/19 - pending

CPD 2017 #5xxx
    IPT: 11/11/17
    PHQ submitted :11/22/17
    Kentech PHQ submitted: 12/12/17
    Home Interview: 12/17/17
    Case Manager assigned: 12/22/17
    Polygraph: 01/18/18
    Kentech to CPD: 1/22/18
    CPD 12-2017 #4xxx
    IPT: 03/17/18
    Processing: 03/24/18
    PHQ submitted: 03/30/18
    CPD 05-2018 #2xx
    IPT: 07/14/18
    Processing: 07/21/18

I'm giving it a shot this go around!

I've never been through the process, but I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

The blue line posted the Chicago hiring for this December, in the ad it states another exam will be held 6-8 months after the December 2018 exam, so seems like another written exam in May 2019 then.

Comment

I’ll take this exam as well, but going to get a power card to avoid the IPT. Flying back/forth from the east coast is adding up. Hoping I’m one of the lucky few from the May exam who get an IPT notice for this test while already in the academy.

Comment

I applied again but used the same email/application from my May 2018 test. Will this cause confusion anywhere on CPD's end? I'm also concerned about issues with signing into my PHQ. Any and all input would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

• Pharrell
            Pharrell commented
            Editing a comment
            Shouldn't be an issue if nothing has changed. Regarding the PHQ, what issue(s) did you have?

• ChicagoRoots
            ChicagoRoots commented
            Editing a comment
            none so far, but i'm concerned that when i get the next PHQ after I pass the December 2018 exam, there may be an issue w/ signing into the PHQ since the email i'd use to sign in may already be in use since it's currently registered for the PHQ i just did a couple weeks ago stemming from the May 2018 written exam I passed.

• Pharrell
            Pharrell commented
            Editing a comment
            I would try the same password you changed it to during the previous PHQ. welcome1 probably won't work as it didn't work for me during the most recent PHQ. You can just call investigations and they'll reset it for you without issue.

Has anyone taken their power test at Nipsta? I have my power test for CPD coming up but I was deciding on taking the power test at Nipsta so I could also apply to other police departments. What kind of bench press did they use and in regards to the sit ups did everyone that participated do them together or did everyone go one at a time. Thank you.

Comment

• ChicagoRoots
            ChicagoRoots commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes. it started w/ everyone getting in line to do the sit and reach then moving on to sit-ups. bench press (after sit ups): I think it was the same type CPD uses. sit-ups: they counted how many of us there were and divided us up into lines based on the mats, you were buddied up w/ whoever u were by. they recommended you go w/ someone ur size.

If applying to CPD a second time, is your application from the prior testing cycle saved on your online account or do you literally need to start everything over from scratch? (application, phq, etc)

Comment

• NGUChris
            NGUChris commented
            Editing a comment
            The initial application saved most of my previous information. PHQ will need to be filled out entirely once more.

• Corsell
            Corsell commented
            Editing a comment
            It's a good idea to save copies of everything you submit.

• ChicagoRoots
            ChicagoRoots commented
            Editing a comment
            agreed. this will be my third submission.

Thanks guys. That’s what I was worried about. So much paperwork and info to gather again. And I’m still playing the waiting game from the 2016 list. Don’t know if I want to start this whole process all over again. But apparently things are more streamlined now? My last step was literally polygraph last sep!

Comment

If it was last Sept then it’s expired and you’ll have to do another poly. They’re good for 1 year per CPD. Which sucks cause you’ll have to repeat that step, wait for results and hope that you’ll move on for that cycle. I’m only sayin this cause I’m in the same boat man. Last thing i did was poly in December of 2016 so that’s long expired... it’s almost safe to say that the 2016 list is done and over with, i doubt they’ll re-poly anyone while they have newer candidates and lists to choose from

Comment

I'll be there

Comment

I heard that the list did expired. But I have yet to confirm this with HR. Not that they would give me a real answer. They always just say keep waiting and it could take 6-18 months. Which i don’t get. Why wouldn’t they just tell you to reapply and quit playing this waiting game? Oh well, I filled out the initial app, but I’m not about to wait another 2 years for this.

Comment

The application deadline was extended to 15 OCT if anyone still wanted to apply. Good luck to you all!

Comment

Check your emails - HR is asking people to take a quick survey about the exam, including which session you prefer or if you can’t make it. Looks like they’re doing a lot of data collection.
                    DHS CBP Officer 19-4
                    NOR Written: 2/11/19 - Pass
                    NOR Fitness Test: 4/2/19 - Pass
                    NOR Interview: 4/10/19 - Pass
                    NOR Medical: 2/26/19 - pending

CPD 2017 #5xxx
                    IPT: 11/11/17
                    PHQ submitted :11/22/17
                    Kentech PHQ submitted: 12/12/17
                    Home Interview: 12/17/17
                    Case Manager assigned: 12/22/17
                    Polygraph: 01/18/18
                    Kentech to CPD: 1/22/18
                    CPD 12-2017 #4xxx
                    IPT: 03/17/18
                    Processing: 03/24/18
                    PHQ submitted: 03/30/18
                    CPD 05-2018 #2xx
                    IPT: 07/14/18
                    Processing: 07/21/18

Comment

Yeah, I chose the 2pm. That sounds way better than 7am.

Comment

Afternoon session on the 8th for me

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9013 users online. 401 members and 8612 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X