300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone please help me understand interview scoring

I suck at interviews and can never figure this out. If your test score is worth 70% of your grade and the oral is worth 30%, how do they calculate your final score if say your written is an 80%. Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Most orals tend to score you on the following. Think of every possible question that could be put to you on these subjects and be prepared with a good response. Some will be situational questions (Problem Solving) and you will either have it, or you wont - there's not a lot that can prepare you for that. Having a degree over someone who does not may add a point or two to your oral score, but its not a game changer. I've seen people with GEDs far outshine people with a Masters.
    • Experience – assesses your ability and experience in accepting responsibilities and performing assigned tasks as demonstrated through achievements in work, school, and other activities.
    • Problem Solving – assesses your reasoning skills in developing timely, logical responses to a wide variety of situations and problems.
    • Communication Skills – assesses your oral communications skills, which includes speaking, listening, and non-verbal communication.
    • Interest/Motivation – addresses your interest in and preparedness for the peace officer job. It includes an assessment of your general level of interest, initiative, and goal orientation.
    • Interpersonal Skills – assesses many facets, such as social knowledge/appropriateness, social insight, empathy, social influence, social self-regulation, sociability, team orientation, social self-confidence, conflict management skills, and negotiating skills.
    • Community Involvement/Awareness – focuses specifically on your experiences and interest in community issues, as well as your interest in and ability to fill multiple roles and serve a diverse community.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8319 users online. 337 members and 7982 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X