300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Illinois Edmond View Post
    Not when the people carrying their firearms are relatives/friends/business partners of the employer.

The PD's are designating those people I mentioned above as supervisors, it even says so on their company ID cards.

Yes, it takes a lot to get a PD license. But in a sense, if you have a few years time and the money, you can get a loophole CCW in IL because a few guys watched too many TV shows...

I work in the field myself and I really hate to say this but so many people I run into in this line of work are usually the type that couldn't make it in the military and/or law enforcement.
    Sounds like you work with some real losers, and to the contrary, most of the individuals I have worked with have been retired LEOS. I only work with quality people.

A few years time and a little money? That easy? Try going through the process and maintaining that license.

Comment

I was just wondering if the f.o.i.d. card has phys changed,
      i have mine from around 1980 as a keep sake, along with my
      my 1st drivers permit w/o photo prior to 1977.....lol..........
      " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
      " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Originally posted by ftlaudcop View Post
        I was just wondering if the f.o.i.d. card has phys changed,i have mine from around 1980 as a keep sake, along with my
        my 1st drivers permit w/o photo prior to 1977.
        They have changed drastically since then. The FOID looks more like a driver's license now. Even though you are required to send them a photograph, they import your d.l. photo from S.O.S.
        “This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

I guarantee if you called some of the employers of these Private Investigators and Security Guards, they would be none too happy about them carrying thier weapons.
          Another thing a police officer can do is ask for the company ID. There will be a phone number to call to verify. Hell even my department ID has a phone number to call and verify my employment status. After having worked in the security field for about 7 years, most security companies will be greatful for the call. You may be saving them from a huge liability.
          My worst day as a police officer is a million times better than the best day on any other job!

RIP Joseph Bokholdt 2-14-1983 to 5-27-2008.

Comment

Originally posted by robert2006 View Post
            Another thing a police officer can do is ask for the company ID. There will be a phone number to call to verify. Hell even my department ID has a phone number to call and verify my employment status. After having worked in the security field for about 7 years, most security companies will be greatful for the call. You may be saving them from a huge liability.
            But when it's the people in management and ownership doing it, nothing is going to change. Sad to say but the poor guys actually working at the liquor store on 47th & Cottage Grove doesn't get a tan card while the old guys sitting in the office do...

Comment

Originally posted by robert2006 View Post
              The guy I had was the license holder and self employed.

Comment

I am trying to become an armed security guard in chicago illinois. I have my foid card and i told my employer if i can apply for a tan. Now he is telling me that i need a white card before applying for the tan card. He also said the state sends a email to me with numbers which will be used so i can apply for a tan ???!! I am confused. And i feel like they are giving me a run around. Can someone please help me out i already have my 40 hr unarmed and armed certification and i am confused about the state sending me a email in order for me to apply for a tan card!!
                Last edited by Rudyguard89; 03-20-2017, 06:33 PM.

Comment

I had a friend who worked for Loomis not too long ago for armored car. They did a week of firearms and had them carry their own weapons on duty as long as they had a FOID. They never issued a tan card, perk card, etc. The only thing they carried was their work ID that said nothing about being armed or being allowed to carry. They told these guys that they could carry their weapons to and from work on their person and that it didn't have to stay locked up at work.

I always shook my head with that and told him it was an arrest waiting to happen.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5543 users online. 181 members and 5362 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X