X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lastchance2017
    started a topic When do I get my star?

When do I get my star?

I was sworn in the commissioners office with the chief, we stamped and notarized it. Last week, I was sworn in again at a town hall meeting with friends and family. I was a little sad that I wasn't handed a star Does it actually happen after academy? I was just curious when I get it. Or will I be getting it the week I go in to do paperwork before academy starts.....can you tell Im so eager to have a star lol

• BTDT2
    replied

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
    I have three from my current agency. Standard, Super Bowl, and Commorative.
    I’ll see your standard, super bowl and commemorative badge and raise you a name tag and a replica Harry Callahan seven point badge.

Related image

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    Yes they do. Waaaaahhhhhh!!

Leave a comment:

• J2H
    commented on 's reply
    3C, junior agent badges don't count... :-)

• CCCSD
    replied
    I have three from my current agency. Standard, Super Bowl, and Commorative.

Leave a comment:

• not.in.MY.town
    commented on 's reply
    Discovering that star will be another WTF moment for NOLA2005.

BTW, we use the term "hobo" to refer to residents of Hoboken, NJ. They usually don't appreciate it,,,

• not.in.MY.town
    replied
    Originally posted by StephDakel View Post
    I work for an agency that gives you not ONE but TWO stars upon the swearing in ceremony. That makes me extra special.
    Now that's just being greedy. No wonder there was no star left to give to Lastchance2017 .

Leave a comment:

• J2H
    replied
    I got one metal shield and like 4 embroidered ones

Leave a comment:

• BTDT2
    replied
    Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post
    Enjoy...until the birds, hobos and tourists crap all over it..
    Departments I’m familiar with issue a star upon successful academy completion and reclaim the star if one does not satisfactorily complete FTO and probation.

not.in.MY.town, FYI the word "Hobo" is no longer considered PC in my part of the country.

Hobo is slang for hobosexuals, a person sexually attracted to “tramps”. Unless relevant in a serious event and a direct quote from a victim, the word Hobo shall not to be used in reports or transmitted over the air.

Violations of this policy may result in progressive discipline… oral counseling, documented oral counseling, unpaid vacation or worst case, scenario blatant policy violators wishing they were issued a shield with smooth edges and not a 7 point star visible by x-ray. jk

written and posted tongue in cheek
    Last edited by BTDT2; 06-03-2018, 03:24 PM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• StephDakel
    replied
    I work for an agency that gives you not ONE but TWO stars upon the swearing in ceremony. That makes me extra special.

Leave a comment:

• not.in.MY.town
    commented on 's reply
    Enjoy...until the birds, hobos and tourists crap all over it.

• BTDT2
    replied

Here ya go....

Leave a comment:

• not.in.MY.town
    replied
    I've got 24 years on with my department. Still haven't gotten a star.

All I got was a dumb shield...which isn't nearly as cool as a star. Case in point: When my son was in elementary school I was invited to speak to his class about being a cop. I was in uniform and showed them some of my equipment...and this cute little girl asked to see my "star". I told her I didn't have one, but showed her my shield. She said her daddy (who was a Sheriff's officer) had a star, and if I didn't have one then I wasn't a real cop and just a big lying liar. Kids can be so cruel. I was tempted to tell her that I'm out driving fast cars and arresting bad guys while her daddy is stuck at the court house pushing a button on the x-ray machine all day...but sure, HE is the "real cop". I bit my tongue...and her dad and I had a good laugh later.

Leave a comment:

• 300Busa
    replied
    I was issued my star when I was sworn in. Didn't receive my ID until after the academy.

Leave a comment:

• ared1984
    replied
    My dept didn't give me my star until the day before graduation. Made me have a sense of accomplishment.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4176 users online. 176 members and 4000 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X