X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not.in.MY.town
    replied
    Originally posted by Lastchance2017 View Post
    I was sworn in the commissioners office with the chief, we stamped and notarized it. Last week, I was sworn in again at a town hall meeting with friends and family. I was a little sad that I wasn't handed a star :( Does it actually happen after academy? I was just curious when I get it. Or will I be getting it the week I go in to do paperwork before academy starts.....can you tell Im so eager to have a star lol
    There ya go, bud. This should cheer you up until you get the real thing. Congrats on being sworn in!

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    This post is a good reason NOT to hand out badges and creds until AFTER the academy...

Leave a comment:

• mranderson77
    replied
    Like chitown said every department does it differently. Some will give it to you when sworn in, after you pass the state exam, complete the academy etc. I remember being in metro and seeing other officers from different suburbs already having their stars, not to mention department squads to take to the academy.

Leave a comment:

• ChiTownDet
    replied
    "You don't get a gun and badge until you tell us your name."
    Chief Wigham- Springfield PD

In reality, places do it differently. Some do it as soon as your sworn in, some at the Village Hall Board meeting, some, just prior to you starting the academy, some while you are in the academy after passing range, some at graduation. One place I worked at, we got ours 5 minutes after the village clerk swore us in outside her office in the hallway. In Chicago, we got ours after the 10th week.
    Last edited by ChiTownDet; 06-01-2018, 12:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rms0012
    replied
    Ask your department rook...congrats by the way

Leave a comment:

• Lastchance2017
    started a topic When do I get my star?

When do I get my star?

I was sworn in the commissioners office with the chief, we stamped and notarized it. Last week, I was sworn in again at a town hall meeting with friends and family. I was a little sad that I wasn't handed a star Does it actually happen after academy? I was just curious when I get it. Or will I be getting it the week I go in to do paperwork before academy starts.....can you tell Im so eager to have a star lol

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11962 users online. 456 members and 11506 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X