300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking a different department...

I'm fully certified. I have 5.5 years under my belt. I'm looking to lateral to a Sheriff's Department.

Seeking some tips/advice!

I've searched the blueline.com and indeed, but I know a lot of agencies don't list their information on those sites.

Willing to relocate any where in the state.

I currently work for a small agency.

Originally posted by burt05 View Post
    I'm fully certified. I have 5.5 years under my belt. I'm looking to lateral to a Sheriff's Department.

Seeking some tips/advice!

I've searched the blueline.com and indeed, but I know a lot of agencies don't list their information on those sites.

Willing to relocate any where in the state.

I currently work for a small agency.
    You pretty much answered your own question. Since you are willing to relocate anywhere in the state, just apply to as many departments as you can on theblueline.com.....

Regarding the second part of that sentence, not sure what you mean. What do you mean by "their information"? Plenty of the departments on theblueline.com give some sort of information about themselves on the job listing. If what you see on that site doesn't satisfy you, then I think the obvious answer is to visit the police department's website to see what they are about.

Since you are specifically looking to lateral to a Sheriff's Department, well then you just have to keep an eye out until a lateral vacancy opens up.

Comment

t
      Originally posted by Arbiter7 View Post

You pretty much answered your own question. Since you are willing to relocate anywhere in the state, just apply to as many departments as you can on theblueline.com.....

Regarding the second part of that sentence, not sure what you mean. What do you mean by "their information"? Plenty of the departments on theblueline.com give some sort of information about themselves on the job listing. If what you see on that site doesn't satisfy you, then I think the obvious answer is to visit the police department's website to see what they are about.

Since you are specifically looking to lateral to a Sheriff's Department, well then you just have to keep an eye out until a lateral vacancy opens up.
      I think what he means does the department have good officers or rejects no one wants, do they have quotas, low morale, new equipment etc

Comment

I thought what he meant was that not all departments post their recruitment announcements there...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12136 users online. 483 members and 11653 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X