300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois SOS Police Investigator

What is the primary duties of an investigator after training.

Investigating MayDay calls..?
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

The only thing I’ve ever seen them do is fake ID investigations

Comment

They mostly enforce vehicle licensing and car dealer law infractions. May get involved in some chop shop investigations. Any type of fraud involving driver's license or vehicle registration. In uniform, marked cars, unless they may be doing some type of uc type investigation. Not a whole lot of them state-wide. I heard a guy once took the test, and without a phone, call got hired....in the 1970's. Only state LE job that may be harder to get hired at would be Commerce Commission Police. If you have a close relative that's a State Rep or State Senator, go for it.

Want to work in state law enforcement, go ISP Trooper.
        Last edited by ChiTownDet; 05-18-2018, 06:01 AM.

Comment

I 2nd what Chitown said. I have a friend that use to work there and they REALLY get in depth with the IVC in training primarily for investigations and such. They get a take home car and great work hours with weekends off if that kind of thing interest you. However, pay isn't that great compared to Chicago and some metropolitan area PD's. It really depends on what you want.
          Last edited by ared1984; 05-18-2018, 10:10 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

There's one who lives close by home went from state police to sos. I'm guessing they pay pretty well since I rarely see them. Odds of being hired might be near zero if you're not already state police.

Comment

Originally posted by mranderson77 View Post
              There's one who lives close by home went from state police to sos. I'm guessing they pay pretty well since I rarely see them. Odds of being hired might be near zero if you're not already state police.
              That wouldn't have made any sense at all to do that. For many years the SOS pay was well below ISP pay. There was and is no benefit to leaving the ISP and going to SOS.
              If a person went from ISP to SOS then either 1) the person was not sworn with ISP and couldn't get hired as sworn or 2) they were in hot water and on their way out altho not likely SOS would have picked them up.

183 FBINA

Comment

Better have a big bottle of juice to apply there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7170 users online. 283 members and 6887 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X