300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois State Corrections Hiring Process

Has anyone here been through the entire Illinois State Corrections Hiring Process (any IL COs here?), and if so, could you shed some light on it?

Illinois has updated it's state test to be more in line with what we actually do. I tested before the change so I have no direct experience with the new one, but I've noticed that quite a few fellow officers have been put out of a job after failing it in 3 attempts.

The best advice I can offer is.. PTI is study time, not party time. If you truly try to learn, you'll more than likely succeed.

As far as the rest of the hiring process, each county is different. In mine, you take an agility test first. Passing that, you immediately (as in still panting and sweating) take the written test. You have a psychological test, and then you have a psych doc pick your brain apart in person. There is an extensive background check. Eventually, you get to sign your life away, have a physical, and pee in a cup.

We are still hiring, by the way. Are you near Northern Illinois?

Comment

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I am currently living in DeKalb, IL. about a mile away from the University.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6100 users online. 344 members and 5756 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X