300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amtrak Police- Chicago, IL

Can anyone give further information about this department, any personal experience or knowledge about the department and their mission in Chicago?

From my experience as an officer you'll do a lot of work at Union Station. They have Special agents that have other functions, but I'm not quite sure what that is. They have drug and bomb K9's as well. When I see them, they're usually walking around Union Station all day (Officers).

Comment

I applied twice, once before a cop once while a cop. Heard nothing both times. I have no idea what they look for in hiring and what not.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
        I applied twice, once before a cop once while a cop. Heard nothing both times. I have no idea what they look for in hiring and what not.
        It's a good thing you never got hired, Scotty. Elgin would be without a recruiter

Comment

Originally posted by Jami86e View Post

It's a good thing you never got hired, Scotty. Elgin would be without a recruiter
          I'm quite happy where I am. But I was still trying to keep options and bridges open at the time. Railroad cops may not make as much as local LE here in Chicagoland. But that retirement is very tempting.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post

I'm quite happy where I am. But I was still trying to keep options and bridges open at the time. Railroad cops may not make as much as local LE here in Chicagoland. But that retirement is very tempting.
            Bridges or tracks?

Comment

• scotty_appleton814
              scotty_appleton814 commented
              Editing a comment
              You're funny.....

• Jami86e
              Jami86e commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you, thank you. My name's Jami86e and I'll be here all week. Two shows on Tuesday!

I applied once never heard a peep not even a disqualification letter. By the looks of their run down trains I'm guessing they can't afford the ink, paper, and envelope. Not sure what kind of hiring practices they have but who wants to walk in circles at union station anyway.
            Last edited by mranderson77; 05-08-2018, 06:11 AM.

Comment

I put in for this on Friday 5/4 and I got an email with an assessment to take. It was one of those personality assessments.

Comment

• scotty_appleton814
                scotty_appleton814 commented
                Editing a comment
                Good for you. I never heard anything back on my apps once I submitted them

Odox I got the same thing, maybe that's a good sign, but seemed automated.

Comment

• Odox002
                Odox002 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah I'm pretty sure its automated if you've never applied to amtrak before. Hopefully we move forward.

Originally posted by mranderson77 View Post
              I applied once never heard a peep not even a disqualification letter. By the looks of their run down trains I'm guessing they can't afford the ink, paper, and envelope. Not sure what kind of hiring practices they have but who wants to walk in circles at union station anyway.
              Chicago is a large division and includes Milwaukee, Minnesota and as far East as Detroit. Not really sure where the whole "walking around Union station" comes in..

Run down trains? That sounds like a CTA subway car. All of the Amfleet is generally rotated through Beech Grove for new seats and a rebuild...
              I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

I applied and also received an assessment via e-mail from them. I haven’t heard anything since but their POWER test seems to be more lax than required for the rest of pd’a in Illinois. Also a hair test for the drug testing, and I don’t know if there is a poly.

Comment

Sounds easier than most. I cant pass a poly to save my life.

Comment

I’ve always found it odd that a machine that can be affected by so many outside factors would be used to disqualify so many people just trying to serve their community. I know multiple people who have passed some and failed others with no rhyme or reason.

Comment

No polygraph at Amtrak
                      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Looks like they are only hiring for Police Captain in Chicago area...

Comment

• rms0012
                          rms0012 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          They did have an officer position listed

• Odox002
                          Odox002 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Well damn...

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8616 users online. 466 members and 8150 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X