300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lastchance2017 View Post
    I tried telling one of the dept thanks but no thanks. The commissioner ended up calling me right away. He tried talking me out of it. He had the chief call me. Then the Chief wanted to meet so we did at a coffee shop. They had planned to swear in at the end of May but when I told them the other dept was swearing me in next week they moved my swearing in to tomorrow!!!! He said he wants me to feel secure and confident that this is my position. So I literally have less then 24 hrs now to make a final decision on which dept. I am going completely nuts here.
    Congrats. I know it's an important decision but that being said, you don't want to start off on the wrong foot. This dragged out decision is literally costing time, money and resources that could go to another candidate that won't hesitate to take the job. There's a good chance they both secured academy slots and dates for someone to start and probably are scheduling a back up that might or might not make the cutoff date so this is serious stuff. Not to mention holding a special meeting because you dropped this on them at the last minute. One is ultimately going to be upset but at least they'll know where you stand and could make the adjustment.

Comment

OP,

Tell us that you made a decision and went all in to one of these now firm offers.

Comment

Yes I did. I was sworn in yesterday. I turned down the other PD. I cannot wait to start academy.

Comment

• NoBody312
          NoBody312 commented
          Editing a comment
          Please tell me you went with the Dupage department.

Originally posted by Lastchance2017 View Post
        Yes I did. I was sworn in yesterday. I turned down the other PD. I cannot wait to start academy.
        Congrats...both on making a decision AND on being sworn in!

Try to spend some quality time with your family before starting the academy!! And keep us posted.

Comment

Congrats. That's the joke of it. There are usually two seasons: nobody wants me and everybody wants me now. I wouldn't be at my current department had the one I wanted called a month earlier.

Comment

For the record I think you're going to enjoy your pick more than if you went the other route. Be safe!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8634 users online. 339 members and 8295 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X