300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naperville PD

Anybody on the job or worked with NPD? I’d like to get your thoughts on what it’s like working over there. You can PM me if you’d like.

Also interested in hearing what this department is about.

Work environment? Supervisors? Time off? Bids for watches/vacation? Pay? Residency? Medical ? Sick/personal days? Advancement?

Theyre currently hiring 20-25 PO’s in the next two years.

Comment

I do know that a few years back, a Sgt. there had a car sit on a bar that another Sgt. (off duty) was drinking at, with the sole purpose of DUI'ing that Sgt., which they did. I know they tend to have the "look at me, we're NPD, the best, premier PD in the world!" I heard Aurora refer to one end of their town as "The Naperville side" because it bordered on Naperville and the residents there were "different than normal people." LOL

They get stuff at times, only because of it's size, not because it's a "runnin' gunnin'" town. They consider their "bad side" the area that borders the nice end of Aurora. Kind of like a bigger Orland Park.

Plus side: Good pay, nice equipment, nice facilities. Large Dept., room to advance.

If you want to work out that way and actually be the Police, not a glorified, armed CSO, go to Aurora.

Comment

• StephDakel
        StephDakel commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm familiar with The Naperville Sgt DUI'd in Naperville story. The term "bizarre" is an understatement. I can't imagine what that arrest did for morale around the department.

Naperville also DUI'd a copper I know, who is employed with a different department.

Perhaps the previously mentioned incidents were isolated incidents. Emphasis on "perhaps" eh.

• ared1984
        ared1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have friends that work in Aurora and everything you said regarding the boarder situation is spot on based on what they tell me.....As for Naperville Pd, dont know much about the dept outside of what you see on the surface, but I did have the "privilege" of working under a retired high ranking officer from there when I was at my previous dept. The mentality he bought along with him was a mirror image of the story Chitown spoke of. If you get hired, be careful.
        Last edited by ared1984; 04-21-2020, 12:49 PM. Reason: typo

That is true. The East border of Aurora is the Naperville side. Hardly any crime in that area at all! Aurora has over 320 sworn and that PD is one of the best! You will get a very good experience there and they get paid very well.

Naperville...a lot of traffic stops, accidents...you will get a few major crimes. They police the police.

Comment

• ChiTownDet
        ChiTownDet commented
        Editing a comment
        True! When I was working, every time I dealt with any FED guys, they ALL lived in N-ville.

• bluesent
        bluesent commented
        Editing a comment
        Dang they all drive from Nashville on the daily? Thats some dedication. jk

I was hearing crazy horror stories ranging from where a boss needs to be on every call and they' won't hesitate to ticket another officer. Also the "pride" of washing out officers in FTO.

Comment

• bluesent
        bluesent commented
        Editing a comment
        I doubt that. One of the PD I am in candidacy for I saw the thread and one guy wrote some wild stuff about that department . Like he wrote something along the lines of "that department is so balls to the wall that they beat their officers with machine guns!" or some weird hear-say like that. When I did my ride along those cats didn't seem like they were going balls to the wall in the burbs beating people with machine guns or whatever.

Originally posted by SubZeroo View Post
      I was hearing crazy horror stories ranging from where a boss needs to be on every call and they' won't hesitate to ticket another officer. Also the "pride" of washing out officers in FTO.
      I went to PTI with a group from Naperville. They fired one in FTO that should have been fired in the academy. That’s all I will say. Don’t get the vibe they “wash” people out of FTO without good cause

Comment

• SubZeroo
        SubZeroo commented
        Editing a comment
        You know I wouldn't think so either. It is interesting how one would get canned in a quieter town with not much to screw up.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6522 users online. 455 members and 6067 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X