300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IL bond for no insurance

Writing this because of difference in the law(states petty) and the il supreme court(states 2000 bond). Pull someone over and everything is good except they can't produce proof of insurance. Would you have them sign promise to comply for bond or write the 2000 ibond(assuming you ibond on street).

If the Ibond is wrote on the street, the bond would be for $200. If it’s for a traffic arrest / misdemeanor offense, the Ibond would be $2000.

Comment

9291 commented
      Editing a comment
      When issuing an ibond you list the full amount not just the 10%.

• Raiden341
      Raiden341 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not if you are doing it without an arrest. Just did a few not too long ago as a C bond for $200 because they didn’t want to lose their license until the court date. Never heard a thing about it afterward.

no promise to comply with no insurance, write them a ticket and take license. send them on their way

Comment

First and second violations for no insurance is a petty offense. The Illinois Supreme Court Rules are somewhat confusing as to issuing an ibond or promise to comply for it. I choose to issue a promise to comply because if they don't take care of the citation they will get there license suspended until they pay the fine.

Comment

• Raiden341
        Raiden341 commented
        Editing a comment
        Insurance is a must appear and you can’t PTC it. What county are you working out of...?

Operating without insurance is a must appear offense. I issue an NTA and send them on their way. Never heard of I-bonding or PTC for a must appear before.

edit; I think I misconstrued if you're checking the must appear box on the bottom of the citation with the bond.
      Last edited by GalacticaCAG; 04-15-2018, 11:56 AM.

Comment

SOS deems no ins as a petty offense now.....no longer is a must appear. PTC is applicable if that's the only offense and didnt result in an accident causing bodily harm. Been that way since 2015.

Comment

if you are writing a no insurance ticket, you are probably writing your PC ticket for the stop. 2 tickets is an automatic court date, unless your writing a 3-707 for a traffic accident only. Single ticket requires a signature. IL doesn't take DL for bond...we were told.

Comment

• Joe Snuffy
            Joe Snuffy commented
            Editing a comment
            It's not so much you can't take the DL as it is you don't "have to" like you did before. The point of the bond card was not giving your license up for a y ticket. When's the last time anyone saw a bond card on a stop?

Per Supreme Court bond rules it is still a must appear even if bonding with a ptc.

Comment

If they have a valid Illinois DL and they are able to produce it, write your tickets, issue a court date, and take their DL as bond for driving with no insurance. If they have a valid Illinois DL, but they are unable to produce it, then they need another source of bond (i.e. bond card, cash bond, I-bond) since their DL isn't available to post as bond. In the latter situation, the I-Bond would be written inside the district station for $2,000.
            "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Comment

MY department is court date, $2,000.00 I-bond and their signature on citation.

Comment

Fact is guys no one seemed to have a universal understanding of this law change, including the state. I can tell you for a fact most of my 3-707s now are signed PTCs on the street. In the few cases people wanted to argue instead of signing I took their DL for bond...as recently as 2017. If they go in for revoked etc. I still write $2,000 on the I bond. I'm not saying it's the way but I know it's not correct that you can't do it. My records division has not kicked them back nor the circuit clerk...and I have had tickets returned for other reasons, just not anything to do with how I bond for no insurance. A lot of things your department says you "have to do" is dept preference not state mandate.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8221 users online. 324 members and 7897 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X