300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UofC trauma center

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/u-...-center-may-1/ the UofC is opening up a Trauma center soon, what are your thoughts?

much needed. shouldnt be any thoughts beyond that

Comment

Originally posted by mikejones85 View Post
      much needed. shouldnt be any thoughts beyond that
      Agreed.

Comment

I worked for U of C many years ago, when the hospital was a trauma center. There's a reason they opted out of being one. They were losing money big time in that E/R- Trauma Cent., and it was like Cook Co. Hosp. south. When a shooting would come in the families and the wounded guys "posse" would turn the joint upside down. I remember working a car and we'd end up with 6 cars there, along with Chicago, quelling the ghetto hijinks. I distinctly remember 2 occasions when they had to close the E/R and go on bypass because of the riots there. They have 1 UC copper in the E/R now and rumor has it they will add a few more for this Trauma Center. We'll see how long it lasts.

I worked at CCH (first Police job), and have been to just about every Chicago hospital handling shootings (Northwestern, Mt. Sinai, CCH, Christ, St. Bernard's, Jackson Pk). Have seen all of them go up for grabs. I don't think UC ever talked to anyone from the era of when they were a Trauma Center to find out what they may be in for.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
          I worked for U of C many years ago, when the hospital was a trauma center. There's a reason they opted out of being one. They were losing money big time in that E/R- Trauma Cent., and it was like Cook Co. Hosp. south. When a shooting would come in the families and the wounded guys "posse" would turn the joint upside down. I remember working a car and we'd end up with 6 cars there, along with Chicago, quelling the ghetto hijinks. I distinctly remember 2 occasions when they had to close the E/R and go on bypass because of the riots there. They have 1 UC copper in the E/R now and rumor has it they will add a few more for this Trauma Center. We'll see how long it lasts.

I worked at CCH (first Police job), and have been to just about every Chicago hospital handling shootings (Northwestern, Mt. Sinai, CCH, Christ, St. Bernard's, Jackson Pk). Have seen all of them go up for grabs. I don't think UC ever talked to anyone from the era of when they were a Trauma Center to find out what they may be in for.
          So do you think its a good or bad idea?

Comment

• ChiTownDet
            ChiTownDet commented
            Editing a comment
            I was kind of surprised the "community" and media made such a big thing out of laying this at U of C's feet. There is a need for a trauma center on the south side, other than Christ. Pretty long ride from 007,006, or 004. But, why wasn't a big deal made out of Provident Hospital being the trauma center? It's at 51st & St. Lawrence. They knocked down the old hospital a block west, so there's a ton of room to do it. It's also owned and operated by the County. I guess the activists, reverends, and ghetto politicians laid the "liberal, white guilt" on thick to the Hyde Parkers and U of C. Another County owned and run hospital, which it closed, is Oak Forest. I guess the tax paying south/ southwest suburbanites don't deserve a trauma unit. That must only be to patch up the gun toting thugs who get in those pesky, little "tiffs" with each other in 006,007,003, 004 and 005.
            I guess Cook County running one multi-million dollar loser may be enough for the tax payers.

• Chicago1991
            Chicago1991 commented
            Editing a comment
            And they will be in for a pleasant surprise.

Nice in theory. But once the grant money stops coming in it will shut down just like before.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7086 users online. 314 members and 6772 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X