Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• southpaw1
    replied
    You've always been helpful on this forum. Hopefully the rest of those guys get picked up somewhere soon. Best of luck at your new PD Sir.

Leave a comment:

• StephDakel
    replied
    To all the current and Harvey alumn, I want to salute you for your service. The mismanagement of resources, low pay, heavy workload, and sketchy internal politics represents the stress that every Harvey officer carries.

With that being said, the footprint of Harvey is everywhere. State Police, Chicago Police, Evanston, Crete, Cicero, Richton Park, Oak Brook, and so many other departments have great Officers that once patrolled the streets of Harvey. Funny enough, when I first started this forum over 10 years ago - all I remember seeing is comments indiciating if you work for Harvey no other department would hire you. Well I'm living proof that that's complete bullsh*t. I moved on and found a home where I'm actually appreciated and respectfully compensated. I encourage ALL current Harvey officers to do the same.

I know several guys that were laid off and it hurts to know these guys were screwed over in such a disgusting fashion.

I'm praying they all get hired somewhere.....quick.....fast.....and in a hurry.

[feel free to mention other departments that former Harvey guys have worked]

Leave a comment:

• scotty_appleton814
    replied
    Now thats a goshdamn shame.........

Leave a comment:

• southpaw1
    replied
    They're about to ruin the public library too. Smh. That is a sad state of affairs when you decide the FIRST things you need to cut are public safety and education!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburb...508-story.html

Leave a comment:

• CPD-Retired-On-Duty
    replied
    "They Ruin EVERYTHING"

~ It should be on a bumper sticker.

Leave a comment:

• mranderson77
    replied
    They will be liable for lawsuits if they fail to send the fire or police department to emergency calls in a timely matter. What are they thinking?

Leave a comment:

• mranderson77
    commented on 's reply
    ...........see below

• rr743
    commented on 's reply
    It does!!!
    Great documentary though.

• DanielHK
    replied
    Reminds me of the show "Flynt Town" on Netflix

Leave a comment:

• Chicago1991
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Snuffy View Post
    Right after the layoffs they had a 4 car accident with one fatality on their border. Other towns showed up and started working the accident. It took them no less than 30 mins to get a car there. All the involved parties were already transported with their abandoned cars left in the road while the other cops waited for Harvey to take over the scene.
    Wow, I have a feeling this is gonna start to be the normal down there

Leave a comment:

• Joe Snuffy
    replied
    Right after the layoffs they had a 4 car accident with one fatality on their border. Other towns showed up and started working the accident. It took them no less than 30 mins to get a car there. All the involved parties were already transported with their abandoned cars left in the road while the other cops waited for Harvey to take over the scene.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Snuffy
    replied
    I think Dart would go into Harvey for the camera time. Ironically I remember a hostage situation in Harvey a few years back where swat was activated and one of Harvey's bosses got shot. Harvey's spokesman was doing all the talking until Dart got there. Every media clip from there Dart was talking with the Harvey people behind him like the scene wasn't Harvey's. Everything he said was we, us and I. Then he proceeded to acknowledge agencies for their participation and he didn't name Harvey..but it was their incident.

Leave a comment:

• NoBody312
    commented on 's reply
    Lol, well it doesn't specify HOW MUCH they have to pay. Technically if Ford heights and the sheriff/county board agree that a penny is sufficient payment, then it is.

They can get around it by having a mutual aid agreement too.

Yeah, well, CCSPD is locked into having a patrol division. Just like they HAVE to have Deputies (sworn) in the court house, jail, and civil process..... their population requires it by law.

The home rule laws have a part to play in it as well, and those rules cause HUGE problems.

• ChiTownDet
    commented on 's reply
    But Ford Hts isn't paying a penny for CCSPD to be there. Bet Robbins isn't paying anything either for their CCSPD contingent to be there, either. The attitude of some of these politicians in these crap towns, is that , just fire everyone, abolish the PD and the Sheriff will have to send people. Ford Hts chief just walked out, left the station door open and was never seen again. Dart would never force these places to take responsibility for themselves. He's just send in his guys...at the expense of the tax payers, most of who, get no benefit from having a Sheriff's Police.

There was talk years ago of the Sheriff's Police being a total investigative body..no patrol. Problem is, except for some far southwest areas in the county, the scattered, unincorporated areas are unincorporated for a reason. No nearby towns want to touch them. They are crap areas that would drain that town's Police and Fire resources (think Nottingham Pk, Central Stickney, Leyden Twp.) No town to wants incorporate a gang infested neighborhood , or a square mile of section 8 apartment buildings.
    Last edited by ChiTownDet; 04-19-2018, 01:21 PM.

• NoBody312
    commented on 's reply
    Sheriffs are under no obligation to police incorporated areas in IL. Especially if they are home rule.

The township/city can enter into a mutual aid agreement, or contract for police services, but it has to be a paid arrangement that's agreed upon by the county board.

They are only constitutionaly (and ILCS Counties Code) responsible for unincorporated areas. Hell, other than counties of over 1 million population, the sheriff isn't REQUIRED by law to have a patrol division, and there is only 2 of those in IL.

And yes, CCSPD does augment Robbins.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7819 users online. 370 members and 7449 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X