300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harvey layoffs

http://abc7chicago.com/politics/unio...-fund/3322684/ what a mess?

I know a guy who used to work there. 18 fire fighters and 16 cops got the boot I believe. All because of the corrupt mayor and his group of cronies that continue to get away with their garbage. Feel bad for these people. Heard that Harvey will be running at max, three cars a night now. Three for that crime-ridden cess pool. Forget the god awful response times that will happen now and more than likely a surge of crime. I’m more concerned with the Officer Safety aspect.

Comment

Harvey will be an even worst nightmare! 3 cars a night is a joke.

Comment

Weren't they just hiring ? now layoffs. Lay off everyone and pay the cook county sheriff to police.
        where did all the money go? nevermind..smh

Comment

• rms0012
          rms0012 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think we would all be disgusted with the answer to that question. Me thinks it’s time for somebody to do some digging into who’s running that town...

Half of the fire department laid off smh...very unfortunate. Has it been confirmed on the police side? I hesitate to ask a friend. I think he might be one of them. The residents and surrounding communities might pay a price for the mismanagement of this place. I pray to God they don't. I will keep you guys that got laid off in my prayers that they fix this mess and for the safety of the officers responding with potentially no backup assistance. Unreal.

Comment

13 police officers were laid off. I'm confused why this corrupt administration has not been indicted.

Comment

• southpaw1
            southpaw1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow. That is too bad. Sorry to hear that.

I really hope Dart doesn't decide to send Sheriff's Police there. Another mismanaged, corrupt town that my tax dollars will pay to Police (See Ford Heights). Supposedly Robbins is already supplemented by CCSPD also. What? Are Dixmoor and Phoenix next. Just lay off, fire, or dissolve your PD and the rest of the county tax payers bare the brunt. Total bs.

Comment

• Raiden341
            Raiden341 commented
            Editing a comment
            Dart may be stupid but he won’t have CCSPD take over these god awful towns. I remember a few years back when Worth PD ran into money issues. Their FD went to North Palos and the big rumor was that CCSPD was going to take over Worth. In the long run, Dart said absolutely not because CCSPD was stretched too thin and that the County couldn’t take over for towns and their bad budgets. Worth ended up fixing up their budget, are now in surplus, hired guys back that were laid off and hired new.

• NoBody312
            NoBody312 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sheriffs are under no obligation to police incorporated areas in IL. Especially if they are home rule.

The township/city can enter into a mutual aid agreement, or contract for police services, but it has to be a paid arrangement that's agreed upon by the county board.

They are only constitutionaly (and ILCS Counties Code) responsible for unincorporated areas. Hell, other than counties of over 1 million population, the sheriff isn't REQUIRED by law to have a patrol division, and there is only 2 of those in IL.

And yes, CCSPD does augment Robbins.

• ChiTownDet
            ChiTownDet commented
            Editing a comment
            But Ford Hts isn't paying a penny for CCSPD to be there. Bet Robbins isn't paying anything either for their CCSPD contingent to be there, either. The attitude of some of these politicians in these crap towns, is that , just fire everyone, abolish the PD and the Sheriff will have to send people. Ford Hts chief just walked out, left the station door open and was never seen again. Dart would never force these places to take responsibility for themselves. He's just send in his guys...at the expense of the tax payers, most of who, get no benefit from having a Sheriff's Police.

There was talk years ago of the Sheriff's Police being a total investigative body..no patrol. Problem is, except for some far southwest areas in the county, the scattered, unincorporated areas are unincorporated for a reason. No nearby towns want to touch them. They are crap areas that would drain that town's Police and Fire resources (think Nottingham Pk, Central Stickney, Leyden Twp.) No town to wants incorporate a gang infested neighborhood , or a square mile of section 8 apartment buildings.
            Last edited by ChiTownDet; 04-19-2018, 01:21 PM.

• NoBody312
            NoBody312 commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol, well it doesn't specify HOW MUCH they have to pay. Technically if Ford heights and the sheriff/county board agree that a penny is sufficient payment, then it is.

They can get around it by having a mutual aid agreement too.

Yeah, well, CCSPD is locked into having a patrol division. Just like they HAVE to have Deputies (sworn) in the court house, jail, and civil process..... their population requires it by law.

The home rule laws have a part to play in it as well, and those rules cause HUGE problems.

Well this is the sort of thing I was talking about. Multiple people shot in nearby Riverdale last night. 8 different agencies responded including Chicago and CCSPD according to this report.

http://abc7chicago.com/multiple-peop...rdale/3336693/

Comment

Crying shame.

Comment

This is gonna get ugly, do you think people take the Police for granted?

Comment

I think Dart would go into Harvey for the camera time. Ironically I remember a hostage situation in Harvey a few years back where swat was activated and one of Harvey's bosses got shot. Harvey's spokesman was doing all the talking until Dart got there. Every media clip from there Dart was talking with the Harvey people behind him like the scene wasn't Harvey's. Everything he said was we, us and I. Then he proceeded to acknowledge agencies for their participation and he didn't name Harvey..but it was their incident.

Comment

Right after the layoffs they had a 4 car accident with one fatality on their border. Other towns showed up and started working the accident. It took them no less than 30 mins to get a car there. All the involved parties were already transported with their abandoned cars left in the road while the other cops waited for Harvey to take over the scene.

Comment

• mranderson77
                    mranderson77 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ...........see below

Originally posted by Joe Snuffy View Post
                  Right after the layoffs they had a 4 car accident with one fatality on their border. Other towns showed up and started working the accident. It took them no less than 30 mins to get a car there. All the involved parties were already transported with their abandoned cars left in the road while the other cops waited for Harvey to take over the scene.
                  Wow, I have a feeling this is gonna start to be the normal down there

Comment

Reminds me of the show "Flynt Town" on Netflix

Comment

• rr743
                      rr743 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It does!!!
                      Great documentary though.

They will be liable for lawsuits if they fail to send the fire or police department to emergency calls in a timely matter. What are they thinking?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11674 users online. 464 members and 11210 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X