300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Contact or Not To Contact

I am having a debate within myself about whether or not I should contact my BI. It is going on 4 weeks since I have dropped off my background packet and I have not heard anything (said it would only take one week). Some of my references have been contacted, others have not. I am not really sure what that means!

I am getting to the point where I just want to know one way or another. I really feel for those of you who are going through this for months with CPD.

Any Advise!?!

Just call...it's Good Friday, they may not be in today, but I would call, just be professional and say you are calling to see how the process is going,....you'll probably get the Voice mail anyway!

Comment

If you haven't heard anything then you're still in the running. It's a long process from start to finish and there are plenty of long gaps between each step. Just be patient and try to go on with your life in the meantime. I don't think it would hurt to call, but it probably wouldn't help either.

Comment

I would call. It has been 4 weeks and you havent heard anything so i would just state that you wanted to check in and see if there is anything you could do or that they may need.

Also make contact and ask to go on a ridealong thats always fun and its a good way to stay connected with the dept.

Comment

I feel for you, I'm looking to get into the Indianapolis Police Department and I dropped off my packet about three weeks ago. I have called twice and every time I just get the voice mail. As was stated in an earlier post, no news is good news. If you were out of the process, chances are you would have already received that letter. Just wanted to let you know they always take a while with the BI. Good luck.

Comment

that sounds like montgomery pd's background investigation?

having been just hired,u will get all different kinds of backgrounds ie the ones that r super fast and the ones that r super slow.

i've been where u were don't sweat it too much,just keep testing than u will be getting calls for bi's all over the place. it makes u forget about the longer bi's.

Comment

Thanks for the advise and info. It is appreciated. On another note, does anyone know what the checked box next to this thread means (on the forums page)?

Comment

Originally posted by PGA07
                Thanks for the advise and info. It is appreciated. On another note, does anyone know what the checked box next to this thread means (on the forums page)?

I think it's simply shown on threads you have not read already and it provides on option to view the first page. I THINK. Check it out...after you click on a thread and read it, it's gone.

Comment

Refresh the page to clear it after you have read the thread...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5417 users online. 318 members and 5099 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X