300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schaumburg PD

Anyone test for schaumburg PD get their test results back? I will say that was a very interesting written test.

Hello,
    I took the Schaumburg PD test in March of 2007, and was wondering what is the status of the list. For example, what numbers they are on, and if they are planning to hire any more this year. Any information regarding the list or the department would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

What made the written test seem interesting, aren't the tests about the same for every LE department?
      Also why does it take so long for people to find out the status of their application process?

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFalcon View Post
        What made the written test seem interesting, aren't the tests about the same for every LE department?
        Also why does it take so long for people to find out the status of their application process?
        No, not everyone dept. uses the same test or even sometimes even roughly the same tests. There are various independent agencies that design LE exams such as COPS and Public Safety.

Because of that, some places might take longer to get results back. The depts. get the results back and they have to be sorted through, recorded, etc. and then sent to applicants.

Comment

Just so you guys are aware, all is not well there:

http://burbcopschicago.blogspot.com/...bel/Schaumburg
          www.saveavet.org

Comment

I wouldn't go NEAR there.....

Comment

I work with SPD pretty much daily at my current job, and they tell me to test everywhere. everywhere other than schaumburg.

Comment

As far as the PD itself and how it runs..... I dont know anyone there and have never delt with them, so I wont say anything except for the FN 303 argument.

I dont see that much of a problem with this weapon being issued, and why there is such a big fuss about it. They didnt say anything about taking away the officers side arms for deadly force situations, they simply stated that it will be used in a Less then Lethal capacity. The FN 303 also HAS caused a fatality. A female suspect was shot through the eye and killed because the officer who shot the weapon was not far enough away. We used a similar product when I was a Corrections Officer, the Pepperball system. I actually like the FN 303 MUCH better, it has more stopping power then pepper ball.

Again, everyone needs to realize..... it is a longer range LESS THEN LETHAL system, to be used in that manner, not when deadly force is justified. Just like OC Spray, ASP baton, Pepper Ball, and Taser.

And how about officer safety?

What is the effective range of an ASP Baton.... how about OC Spray..... ok Now the Taser?

The FN 303 can out distance ALLL of those (much more officer safety). With a Less then Lethal capability at that.

Comment

M.C.S.D., you think we are talking about them deploying the FN303??? No, we are talking about how the Brass has completely destroyed morale, guys hate going to work, guys get suspended for minor issues and the place is far from a good place to work.
                  www.saveavet.org

Comment

Originally posted by dogcop View Post
                    M.C.S.D., you think we are talking about them deploying the FN303??? No, we are talking about how the Brass has completely destroyed morale, guys hate going to work, guys get suspended for minor issues and the place is far from a good place to work.

No I understand that, and I wasnt talking about that. Some people had brought up them introducing the 303 as a negative.

I heard some things werent going to well with DuPage County Sheriff as well. I did my PTI there and still talk to some of them.
                    Last edited by M.C.S.D; 01-22-2008, 03:23 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6446 users online. 378 members and 6068 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X