300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this common practice....

We all know that some departments recquire you to pay $25 or so to get an application and apply. Is it common practice for departments that charge you to apply to then tell you in the orientation that they are NOT hiring, dont plan to any time soon but that they just want to create a list just in case? Why make people pay to apply thinking they are competing for at least one spot when there arent any at all?

Any thoughts...

I felt the same way. My thinking is that the departments know that they will be losing someone in the near future so open the testing process. But the lists go quick. Concept paying Orland Hills $50 for the appliaction. LOL! What a joke!
    "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28"

Comment

Originally posted by seanranel
      We all know that some departments recquire you to pay $25 or so to get an application and apply. Is it common practice for departments that charge you to apply to then tell you in the orientation that they are NOT hiring, dont plan to any time soon but that they just want to create a list just in case? Why make people pay to apply thinking they are competing for at least one spot when there arent any at all?

Any thoughts...
      In many towns across Illinois there is a Fire and Police Commission that oversees all hiring, firing and promotions, demotions etc. Illinois Law requires all cities with a population over 500,000 (read between the lines) to maintain an eligibility list for prospective hires that is valid for 24 months.

Some states such as Arizona, California, Wshington test when they are hiring, not to generate interest and a few dollars to cover "administrative costs"

Unfortunately most testing done in Illinois is not done with the intent to hire but to maintain a list. Why do you think there is rarely a timetable attached to the testing process....why do you think an eligibility list is created halfway through the process usually before the background, and the other parts of the sytem that require effort and commitment of the parts of personnel?? Usually only the witten and a pt test are done and a tentative list is established and if movement takes place in the PD the other parts of the selection process are commenced.
      You cant arrest me...I know my Commandments!!

Comment

Are you joking about the $50 Orland Hills fee? Geez, I thought the Wal Mart next to the station would generate enough revenue so they wouldn't have to charge that much! LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by cityblusuit
          In many towns across Illinois there is a Fire and Police Commission that oversees all hiring, firing and promotions, demotions etc. Illinois Law requires all cities with a population over 500,000 (read between the lines) to maintain an eligibility list for prospective hires that is valid for 24 months.

Some states such as Arizona, California, Wshington test when they are hiring, not to generate interest and a few dollars to cover "administrative costs"

Unfortunately most testing done in Illinois is not done with the intent to hire but to maintain a list. Why do you think there is rarely a timetable attached to the testing process....why do you think an eligibility list is created halfway through the process usually before the background, and the other parts of the sytem that require effort and commitment of the parts of personnel?? Usually only the witten and a pt test are done and a tentative list is established and if movement takes place in the PD the other parts of the selection process are commenced.

Wow, so there's an Illinois law that mandates there be a list even when they arent hiring. You're right about the application process too. Most of the ones i've been on pretty much stop after the written, physical and oral boards until they want to hire someone. That's all fine and dandy but dont charge people if you arent hiring or at least tell them you arent on the job ad, JMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Illinois Edmond
            Are you joking about the $50 Orland Hills fee? Geez, I thought the Wal Mart next to the station would generate enough revenue so they wouldn't have to charge that much! LOL.
            No I am not. I did not apply there because of that. Forget that junk!
            "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8781 users online. 361 members and 8420 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X