300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of state LE visiting Chicago

I apologize if this has been covered somewhere already I tried some searches and didn't find

Planning to visit Chicago for the weekend, I was curious if there was anything important I should know if I was planning on carrying while there. Are there any museums or anywhere that it is going to be a big hassle? Are there any local laws that I should be aware of to not get into any trouble?

And if anyone is feeling especially helpful I have never been there. Is there anything that is a must see, or somewhere I should stay away from?

Thanks for any and all information.

Only MLB ballparks; (All 30 teams) off-duty officers have to lock up their weapons in the security office.

Other than that, off duty officers can carry everywhere.

Comment

Wrigleyville is fun for St. Pattys day.

Comment

Museum of Science and Industry, a must see.

Comment

Thank you for your answers guys.

Comment

Robotics exhibit at the Museum of S&E

Comment

I'm also planning a trip to Chicago as an out-of-state LEO (Texas) and I plan on carrying. I'm not going to have much time for a whole lot of sightseeing, as I'm going to see my son graduate from USN basic training. I know that I can't carry on federal property, but how does CPD treat off duty, armed, out-of-state LEOs? I've heard rumors of cops getting hooked up until their cred's can be verified but its just that, rumors, I'm hoping to get some first hand info from y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbolt0405 View Post
                I'm also planning a trip to Chicago as an out-of-state LEO (Texas) and I plan on carrying. I'm not going to have much time for a whole lot of sightseeing, as I'm going to see my son graduate from USN basic training. I know that I can't carry on federal property, but how does CPD treat off duty, armed, out-of-state LEOs? I've heard rumors of cops getting hooked up until their cred's can be verified but its just that, rumors, I'm hoping to get some first hand info from y'all.
                Don't believe the rumors. CPD has long been very friendly to out of state and out of city LEOs. It's their city and they love to show it off to out of town LEOs.
                183 FBINA

Comment

Both Chicago and suburban departments very much believe in professional courtesy. As long as you’re not driving drunk or pulling your gun out when you shouldn’t, you’ll find that we’re very accommodating to out of state cops.
                  www.saveavet.org

Comment

If for some reason you are stopped, immediately tell the Officers that you are the Police. I've never know a Chicago guy ever giving an out of state P/O any problems. In fact, most would be only too happy to direct you how to get around the city by avoiding the combat zones.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbolt0405 View Post
                      The guys and gals here hit in on the head, just let us know you're police and you will be ok. Since you wont have time for sightseeing, just make sure you get some good food while you are here!!

Comment

I've received some excellant advice! Thank you all!!

Comment

• Indians56
                          Indians56 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          EAT
                          Places to Eat- Lou Malnati's, Portillos, Super Dog, Weiner Circle, Uno's, Sluggers (across the street from Wrigley), and the Svea (small place on the North side on Clark St, they only take cash but the Swedish food is great). also, get some Polish food while your there, Chicago has a huge Polish population (at one point, it was the largest concentration of Poles outside Warsaw).

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10953 users online. 478 members and 10475 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X