300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Departments Represented

How come a lot of officers in this forum are hesistent to post which department they work for? It's not that big of a security/privacy issue, since no one knows your real name or anything...

The reason I'm asking is because I am really interested in knowing who works where and which departments are represented in this forum...

Could you guys post which departments you work for, or maybe just put it in your profile?

Originally posted by flydream777
    How come a lot of officers in this forum are hesistent to post which department they work for? It's not that big of a security/privacy issue, since no one knows your real name or anything...

The reason I'm asking is because I am really interested in knowing who works where and which departments are represented in this forum...

Could you guys post which departments you work for, or maybe just put it in your profile?
    I do not because I choose not to. I believe it is a Security Issue/Privacy issue because there are alot of false, fake, or "Wanna-be" Police or those who want to do the job for the wrong reasons (just to carry a gun, have a badge, etc). If someone wants to know what PD I work for let them PM me and then provide their PD contact information. I will call them at the PD and leave them a voicemail to verify that they are in fact the Police.

Comment

Another reason beyond safety is it makes you censor what you might want to say. If I say I am from Podunk PD and give my strong opinion, let's say to do with Brass or the Dept., then it can have a way of biting you in the butt. I post a neg comment, someone that lurks here from my PD doesn't like me, ohh, is able to figure out through my writing style or screen name who I am....bam, you have a tattle tale on your hands and a headache.
      Last edited by dogcop; 04-05-2007, 06:48 AM.
      www.saveavet.org

Comment

Wow, I didnt think it was that serious. Makes sense though.

Comment

Originally posted by flydream777

From time to time, many members here have been critical of their agencies. Sometimes those posts reflect valid criticisms from officers. A few are from officers just shooting their mouths off when they don't know what they are saying. In any case, some agencies can be unforgiving when shortcomings are spoken of publicly by their employees and I have know at least two cops who were disciplined for making derogatory comments about their agencies on police websites. Hence the need for anonymity.

To get an idea of how you can really shoot yourself in the foot by publicly criticizing your agency, read the entire thread found at:

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61111
          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8026 users online. 384 members and 7642 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X