300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information for North Riverside, Illinois PD

Does anyone have any information pertaining to the North Riverside, Illinois Police Department?
    What is their morale like with the officers, work schedule, opportunity for growth, etc.
    The type of police work that mainly takes place here. For example, mainly traffic?
    How many PO's in the department?
    Will they be hiring or is this to generate an eligibility list?
    Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you

I just called COPS and FIRE to question the age statue. I was told veterans can get up to ten years extended from the age cut off.
    Also, of worthy note:
    1. They are looking to hire multiple people
    2. Only veterans are given preference points within this application.

Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by egwinl View Post
      I just called COPS and FIRE to question the age statue. I was told veterans can get up to ten years extended from the age cut off.
      Also, of worthy note:
      1. They are looking to hire multiple people
      2. Only veterans are given preference points within this application.

Good Luck
      Veterans get a year past 35 yoa for every year active duty they had in the service up to 10 years, or 45 yoa. North riverside has about 25ish officers, half are command staff and supervisors. I'm just not sure how many officers they can realistically hire of this list past 2 or 3.

Comment

Here's the link if anyone is interested:

https://jobsource.copsandfiretesting.com

Comment

They go from P/O to Det. to Sgt. Dep. Chief to Chief, so not a lot of spots to advance to. Pretty much a traffic stop place with the typical crap thrown in that comes from having a mall. They do a lot of talking on the radio, though. They have a few major streets going through town, travelled by a lot of the west side residents. Opportunity to get some good arrests, but I just hear tickets. And about 2 times a year they hold an event called "Riot at the Mall," in which they invite everyone on the radio band to attend. Although, I will say, the couple of armed robberies I've heard, they did a good job grabbing the bad guys.
          Last edited by ChiTownDet; 03-10-2018, 09:06 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9233 users online. 224 members and 9009 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X