300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTI exam!

Can someone please tell me how to pass that damn PTI exam..i believe thats what its called..its the one where the individual orally tells you a scenerio and you remember it (thats not the hard part)...than its reading comprehension (still not hard)...its the end where they keep asking me..are you sociable...or well-balaanced....conformed..or some other BS...by the end i feel like ripping the exam apart...i've taken police exams in the suburbs and passed all of them..except this one!..its screwed me at Elk grove and now Villa Park!...i know i have to be consistent..and i was this time but i still failed!....any ideas? tips?...cheating secrets?!?! arrghhhh!!!!..help......

Originally posted by Sk797
    Can someone please tell me how to pass that damn PTI exam..i believe thats what its called..its the one where the individual orally tells you a scenerio and you remember it (thats not the hard part)...than its reading comprehension (still not hard)...its the end where they keep asking me..are you sociable...or well-balaanced....conformed..or some other BS...by the end i feel like ripping the exam apart...i've taken police exams in the suburbs and passed all of them..except this one!..its screwed me at Elk grove and now Villa Park!...i know i have to be consistent..and i was this time but i still failed!....any ideas? tips?...cheating secrets?!?! arrghhhh!!!!..help......
    I hate that test. Out of two times, I passed it only once for Romeoville. The test proctor said at the orientation you may be able the pass it the first time but you aren't guarantted to pass it the second time. What kind of crap is that. To be honest I was just going with the flow with "hard worker or earnest" answers I was shocked I passed it the first time. I believe bensenville is offering this test, going to see if I can go two for three...LOL

Comment

yah..im gonna go to bensenville to..i heard they have the same exam to....im hoping the third time a charm....

Comment

Yeah, I took that for Romeoville and passed also.... I was kinda surprised, because I got so frustrated with the stupid thing that I just started marking in answers really fast without really looking at them... But I guess just try to keep your answers consistent - that's what they look for. I heard Woodridge has this test also, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Sk797
          If your talking abou the part where they ask a little about yourself and you have the choices "strongly agree, agree, disagree, strongly disagree" I always stick with the "strongly" response. never in the middle. The way I see it, if they see you looking towards the middle, you start to think things out and doubt yourself.
          "most people irritate me easily" - strongly disagree
          "i never caused trouble at school/work" strongly agree
          "Im social person" strongly agree
          "I listen to people's ideas" strongly agree
          etc. etc.
          Dont go for the middle answers. they want you to be decisive in this field.

isnt the PTI that test where you get like 2 mins to answer like 100 questions and its like impossible to finish? If it is, i failed it on my first time and passed it the other 2 times.

Comment

The test is different. First part is a listening test, they read a paragraph and then answer the appropriate questions (multiple choice). Second part is reading comprehension (easy). Third part is the are you a "hard worker or earnest" questions. There are alot of these questions. Just be consistent. Fourth part is the psych portion with agree and disagree questions. Just make sure you get alot of sleep before this test. When I took it the second time for bridgeview I maybe got about 3 hours sleep and boy that didn't help one bit.

Comment

The best answer is always to be honest. If you want to understand what the test is looking for, look for a book about personality testing. It will desribe about 5-6 different traits that are important. Find the book, then find yourself, but above all, always be consistent. Good Luck!

Comment

isnt the PTI that test where you get like 2 mins to answer like 100 questions and its like impossible to finish? If it is, i failed it on my first time and passed it the other 2 times.[/QUOTE]

Actually i think you talking about the COPS test..the one where you have shapes and like 50 questions...in 2 mintes..than logical reasoning..and those group of pictures and u have to find out which stand out..everything has to be done like under 2 miutes....that one i can pass..its other damn one which has really aggavated me...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12067 users online. 481 members and 11586 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X