Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any department that don't have computers in squad?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any department that don't have computers in squad?

Do any agencies in the state of Illinois still not have computers in their squads cars?
    Last edited by inventorchris; 02-04-2018, 08:21 AM. Reason: computers, squad cars, illinois

I know some agencies with MDT's that don't work

Comment

• inventorchris
      inventorchris commented
      Editing a comment
      What agencies are those?

Chicago. Lots of cars in my district don’t have them. They are ether missing or sent out to get fixed.

Comment

• ChiTownDet
      ChiTownDet commented
      Editing a comment
      And the Dic's cars never had MDTs in them.

• Armour Square 03
      Armour Square 03 commented
      Editing a comment
      This is true. Most of the time that I get a decent car its because the PDT is missing lol

H-a-r-v-e-y

Comment

Why on earth would you want a computer in the car?
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• inventorchris
        inventorchris commented
        Editing a comment
        To be able to run people through leads, write reports, look of citation information if need, and to look at call details.

Last edited by southpaw1; 02-10-2018, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• southpaw1
        southpaw1 commented
        Editing a comment
        inventorchris Why would you want to know that anyway?

• inventorchris
        inventorchris commented
        Editing a comment
        Southpaw1, I am curious in knowing how advance some departments are compared to others. For example, my local department using laptops that allow them to do tickets, reports, and accident reports in their squads. Our local park district police also has laptops in their squads. However, I am currently aware of 2 university in the areas that don't use them, and it surprises me that they don't. I just think it interesting that some department that you would think, based on size and work load would have them, when they don't. Then you have areas that you think might not need them because of their job jurisdiction, and they do. In this day an age when you are trying to free up radio traffic for more emergent calls, surprised not everyone has them.

Funny you ask, I was thinking the exact same thing

Comment

North Chicago Pd. College of Lake county Pd.

Comment

• inventorchris
          inventorchris commented
          Editing a comment
          Surprised North Chicago doesn't. Would think they would to make writing reports easier. College of Lake County PD I get because they are a small college. College of DuPage did, but they are the second biggest college in the state when it comes to enrollment.

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
        Why on earth would you want a computer in the car?
        Netflix, YouTube, Facebook....duh!!!! lol

Comment

Chris,

All that can be done via RADIO and a report writing room. I’ve found that all these cops who spend time on the computers FAIL to know their beats or do any real LE.

Most dont know a crook when they see one or have the ability to articulate WHY they took action.

A computer is a secondary tool, not a replacement, for good LE. Get your eyes out the window and LOOK! This BS about running plates etc is just being lazy.
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I don't think any community college PD's use MDT's. I never see any logged on my system.

Comment

Chris,

All that can be done via RADIO and a report writing room. I’ve found that all these cops who spend time on the computers FAIL to know their beats or do any real LE.

Most dont know a crook when they see one or have the ability to articulate WHY they took action.

A computer is a secondary tool, not a replacement, for good LE. Get your eyes out the window and LOOK! This BS about running plates etc is just being lazy.
              Interesting you say that. It is disappointing how many new kids come on and get their heads pumped up by bosses for having quick fingers to find suspendeds on the computer. Real proactive and always ready to jump into something but also prone to do something really stupid b/c their specialty is typing plates in not building cases. Then when you actually need some good paper you'd better do the writing yourself. Joe Q. Citizen gets his car towed for his child support DWLS and Felony Phil has a valid license and his rearview window isn't obstructed so he's good to go with his dope and gun under the seat.

Comment

• ChiTownDet
                ChiTownDet commented
                Editing a comment
                License plate bingo..

Chris,

I will say they are invaluable tools when you're already dealing with someone and need more info. There was a kid I was watching a few years ago. Had an active warrant and was always involved with stuff around his house. One day I pull over a friend of his who doesn't know me and I don't know. The MDT info let me know they were associates. That information was used in how I handled the driver.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9278 users online. 290 members and 8988 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X