• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPD-Retired-On-Duty
    started a topic Chicago Police 2018 / May Exam

Chicago Police 2018 / May Exam

Saturday May 5th !

Meeting was held yesterday and the next exam will be the same as the last (same exam, same location)

This time around when you are called for the "IPT" : Initial POWER Test; you can bring a POWER test card from a certified site such as NIPSTA.

The idea is to take pressure off applicants so they can get the certification on their own. You can take the POWER as many times as you wish as long as you are willing to pay the fee.

http://www.nipsta.org/POWER/info.aspx

Keep an eye on the below city page to see when the application will be up:

https://home.chicagopolice.org/bethe...r-recruitment/

The NEXT exam after this will be in late 2018. (perhaps December again)

• shawnnotsean20
    replied
    Soooo....I applied in 2016 *gasp* lol... I did IPT (Pased)...Poly, Kentech BI and Home Interview and then NOTHING...For 3 YEARS nothing!!... I’ve moved on took up professional wrestling and work on TV Shows as private security...BUT today....An Officer from CPD BI HR emailed me today saying they have reviewed my 2016 application and that if I’m still interested to contact them ASAP to discuss my application and status!!!.... Anybody else get something like this?...or know someone who did?...or can shed light on what this means?

Leave a comment:

• Maverick115
    replied
    Can someone provide me the email for investigations to get an update on background status? Please and thank you

Leave a comment:

• Kristyinspanish
    commented on 's reply
    Question! Did you admit to anything during the polygraph? I got DBQ'd after the polygraph but they didn't tell me what for. I heard of people straight up deny everything smoking drinking and speeding. I'm wondering if u admitted to anything? and you still passed? or did you also denied everything too? Also good luck??!!!

• cpdbg1821
    commented on 's reply
    Yes. Took my polygraph last October last year. Called my BI a few weeks back. He said he’ll get to me sometime this year.

• Mike_vaughn
    replied
    Anyone else still waiting post polygraph?

Leave a comment:

• southpaw1
    replied
    It's a good foundation or stepping stone and your experience will help you on the job I'm sure but you still have to go through the application process, get hired and go through the academy. There's always a handful of County people in each class.

I've mentioned it before we've had Officer's from all over like LAPD, Dallas PD, suburbs and they all have to do it all over again. The nice thing is if you're a sworn PO (from IL) that gets hired you don't have to take the State Exam again. If you're interested go for it!

Leave a comment:

• Mikez195
    replied
    If you work for county and are sworn deputy what’s the process? I’ve heard people use county to get into CPD? But how?

Leave a comment:

• Future-PO
    replied
    Does anyone know the timeframe for getting the psych appeal email after getting an email saying you werent suitable for the job?

Leave a comment:

• Future-PO
    commented on 's reply
    When did you take your first psych exam and how did it go on Sunday? Also i am waiting for a psych appeal email.

• Mike_vaughn
    replied
    4 months since poly and nothing from BI.

Leave a comment:

• iamme16
    replied
    How is everyone's timeline looking? Whether you received an NTR to the academy or not.

Leave a comment:

• Dash12
    replied
    Is anyone else retaking the psych? I’m going Sunday for my appeal test. Anyone with going as well?

Leave a comment:

• Vazquez97
    replied
    Does anyone know when the next fpt is?
    Last edited by Vazquez97; 04-14-2019, 08:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dabears10
    replied
    Good morning everyone. I am new to this forum and have completed all steps in the hiring process. I had my medical on 3/21 and my psych on 3/25. When I called investigations they said I have passed everything and are just waiting on my medical to process. When I called Concentra they said I passed everything and sent my results to CPD. This upcoming Friday will be 3 weeks. Im trying to be patient, is this kind of wait time typical? Obviously, I see other people getting their NTR and I am just curious. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7021 users online. 325 members and 6696 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X