300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After KENTECH interview / background.

poly is next and then what is after that?

im out of state and just finished my interview today. Realistically, is early 2019 a decent expectation for those finishing background now?

Comment

• tfnsylmz
      tfnsylmz commented
      Editing a comment
      After that you’ll wait 2 weeks to forever... for FPT. Good luck i hope you hear quicker than some of us lol

• If you pass the poly then your file will be picked up by a CPD investigator. They will go over your background check again and then forward it to their supervisors for approval. If they approve, then you will take your FPT and psych test. If you pass both of those then you start the academy. I don't think anyone can really give you a time frame, but if you have no red flags in your file you'll move through the process faster.

Comment

• So my investigator from CPD called me, he said he will submit my file this week. He said he will let me know if it gets approved and if it does I will have my final power next weekend. However I have one red flag so he said to keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best!

Comment

• Jay2337
        Jay2337 commented
        Editing a comment
        Did he say when you would know if you were approved? I’m in the same boat with a red flag too...

• how bad is your red flag? What is it?
      Last edited by Mike_vaughn; 10-17-2018, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• I was arrested twice never charged though both misdemeanors and everything was dropped and this was when I was 17. Other than I’m in pretty good shape I should know by next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dash12 View Post
          I was arrested twice never charged though both misdemeanors and everything was dropped and this was when I was 17. Other than I’m in pretty good shape I should know by next week.
          Your problems gonna be the psych portion. They wont pass you with that. That step will be where you get bounced.

Comment

• My driving record had an accident and a speeding ticket on it which worries me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike_vaughn View Post
              My driving record had an accident and a speeding ticket on it which worries me.
              Is that it? My boy had a misdemeanor arrest and a couple of speeding tickets but made it to the latest academy class. He was a minority though.

Comment

• Originally posted by AspiringChicagoCop View Post

Is that it? My boy had a misdemeanor arrest and a couple of speeding tickets but made it to the latest academy class. He was a minority though.
                When I printed my driving abstract, I was like, “this is it?”

i felt like it was it was missing a few things, but my memory is crap towards dates. I’ve been pulled over plenty, almost never ticketed by sheer luck.

thats relieving to hear.

Comment

• DanielHK
                  DanielHK commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The abstract doesn't go that far back. Maybe a couple years at most.

• Same thing happened for me. I took my poly on Oct 1. I was extremely nervous although answering everything honestly, I had the same experience. It’s going on three weeks for me, haven’t heard anything

Comment

• I think it depends on the officer who handles your background. He said he was most likely going to submit my file and just to keep my fingers crossed.

Comment

• Had my polygraph 11-3-18. The examiner said my charts looked good but still has to do the review process which takes up to a week. The examiner said after it's reviewed it's going to be sent to hr.

Comment

• Good luck Vic.

im still waiting on KENTECH to complete my background.

Comment

• I moved out of state briefly to find work doing constructions stuff with my buddy while still trying to get cop jobs but **** isn’t working out, never been super book smart but I can crush a power test pretty well so CPD is probably one of my last best shots before I just go career military or something...

Anyways I was wondering where in the city does the test usually take place, I heard they have them on different days at different times but I’m not sure if they have it at the same place at the same time every year or even each day and if so can someone tell me where so I can book my hotel room and atleast pay for the plane ticket in advance and get a decent deal...

Comment

• Originally posted by Buck_Macdonald View Post
                          I moved out of state briefly to find work doing constructions stuff with my buddy while still trying to get cop jobs but **** isn’t working out, never been super book smart but I can crush a power test pretty well so CPD is probably one of my last best shots before I just go career military or something...

Anyways I was wondering where in the city does the test usually take place, I heard they have them on different days at different times but I’m not sure if they have it at the same place at the same time every year or even each day and if so can someone tell me where so I can book my hotel room and atleast pay for the plane ticket in advance and get a decent deal...
                          Test is at McCormick place. Two different time slots. Morning / early afternoon.

You have to apply for the test in advance (unfortunately the December test registration period is over). You will have to wait until they announce another test. If 2019 is like 2018- there will be another written exam in May.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7601 users online. 327 members and 7274 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X