Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man... got my NTR for the IPT for July 14th and I’m gonna be on federal orders starting July 7th... gonna have to postpone the IPT till September now, great....

Comment

Got my date for the 14th as well. Hopefully my December process moves along quickly so I won't have to go. Lol.

Comment

Got my NTR for IPT for July 15. I can't make it that weekend, does anyone know if they allow switching to another available IPT?

Comment

• GonzJ12
          GonzJ12 commented
          Editing a comment
          They allowed me to switch to the next week.

• chicagobulls92
          chicagobulls92 commented
          Editing a comment
          GonzJ12 can you PM me? I also won't be able to go to my IPT but I'm not sure how I'd go about rescheduling it. Thanks!

I wonder how many numbers they called seeing as the list is 3,720..

I imagine a few on this list have a chance at academy towards the end of the year? Assuming they fly through the process.

Comment

• Fatal
          Fatal commented
          Editing a comment
          You'd be surprised how many people will fail that initial power test.

• DanielHK
          DanielHK commented
          Editing a comment
          Also, just like me, a lot of the people that took the may exam are also going through the December process.

Whoa...great work CPD HR! They were able to pull off another test (in record time), score it (in record time), issue IPTs (in record time) and graduate a huge class yesterday. Congrats btw to those who graduated! Now we're talkin'!

Comment

got my lottery number last week 14xx out of 3,720 candidates & recently, got email for POWER test! 7/15!

still no word though since i took my polygraph in June 2017 (took the exam in April of 2016)

let's see how this goes.....

Comment

• Candidate1127
            Candidate1127 commented
            Editing a comment
            Poly is only valid for 1 year so you’ll have to re-take it if you got called off the 2016 list. I’m on that list too, took the poly in December of 2016, long expired. When i called Investigations and spoke with a supervisor, she told me i had a red flag on my file but it would not be significant in 2018 since enough time has elapsed since then. I was definitely encouraged to re-apply since my credentials are otherwise strong. Hopefully this time around the process goes quicker and i get on CPD without a hiccup

• Fatal
            Fatal commented
            Editing a comment
            Salko, I'm 18XX and im scheduled for July 21st at 9:00 AM.

• ChicagoRoots
            ChicagoRoots commented
            Editing a comment
            I was told by a credible source who worked at the academy for several years to just keep applying for every single test. just keep yourself in as many processes as possible and be patient.

• Fatal
            Fatal commented
            Editing a comment
            I've been told by sources as well to keep testing to increase the odds during the process.

I got my POWER card January 19th this year from JJC. So, i'm good to go for July 21st. According to CPD HR, POWER cards are valid for a year, but you need to have one within 6 months of the initial power test report.

Comment

Lottery #1,9XX
            IPT on 21 July at 1pm

Comment

• SushiG
              SushiG commented
              Editing a comment
              Same time and date for me

Lottery #3,3XX
            IPT 7-22-18 @ 1pm

Comment

Quick question for whoever knows the answer. If you make it to the FPT does your POWER Card let you skip it like the IPT?

Comment

• NGUChris
                NGUChris commented
                Editing a comment
                The power card will not waive the FPT, so keep working out and practicing the 4 tests in the interim.

The run is the only aspect of the test that I am scared of. I hate running. Been running / using stationary bike / Stairmaster to build endurance. I can run a 630-7 min mile but gas pretty hard after that. Just gotta find a steady pace in between. Also, conscious of the fact I may experience an adrenaline dump during the test. So, gonna keep pushing to build my cardio.

Comment

• Fatal
                Fatal commented
                Editing a comment
                I try to stay at least 1 minute under the time limit on a treadmill. I also put 1% incline (it's only really noticeable if you sprint 8mph+). I took a month off, but at some point I was running outside and I was able to run it in 11:36. I'm starting to run again so i'm sure I'll be under 12 minutes.Just work on breathing when pushing your heart rate up to it's maximum.

POWER TEST - ADVICE

Sit-ups and the run seem be the most difficult for people.

However, don't underestimate the sit-and-reach along with the bench.

I'd recommend stretching before every run so that way you are doing two parts of the test always.

If you can bench your max weight on a normal bench...I promise it'll be a joke on the machine during the real test.

As for the run, you can train for it on a treadmill. The treadmill is nice for a few reasons.... if you know how to calibrate it properly. I always use a 1% incline on the treadmill. However, you won't really feel the 1% incline unless you are running at a certain speed ( 8mph+ in other words... sprints). On the other hand, I think running outside is easier than using a treadmill due to distractions. It's all preference at this point. Some would argue the ladder. Also, if you do decide to use the treadmill for training. I'd recommend being at least 1 minute under the time limit on a treadmill.

As for sit-ups. I'd recommend doing sit-ups with weights. At my gym I have a decline bench I can do sit-ups on. Decline sit-ups are more difficult when compared to flat sit-ups.

(If you are running... it's best to run every other day to prevent injury.)
              Last edited by Fatal; 06-24-2018, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Got my date for the power test last week, July 22nd. I wont be able to attend because I'm in a wedding that weekend and it's far away from Chicago. Does anyone know how I go about contacting CPD and letting them know I won't be able to attend, but would like to the next weekend if possible? Any suggestions is appreciated, feel free to PM me too

Comment

• Fatal
                  Fatal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You just attend the next date they offer.

• chicagobulls92
                  chicagobulls92 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I just got off the phone with HR and they told me to come to the power test that is a week before my scheduled one. Didn't seem like a big deal and didn't have to take down my name of anything. The woman just told me to explain my situation to the people when I get there,

Quick question: For the required documents it says that we need to provide a photocopy of gun registration for each gun owned, how does one register their gun in Chicago? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• DanielHK
                  DanielHK commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm not sure. I own about 7 including rifles and handguns and didn't provide any registration paperwork. Just the serial numbers, they probably check the stolen gun registry. One of my guns was a HK P7 police trade in, it came up later in the background check. The police officer handling my file asked me for the receipt or proof of where I purchased it.

• VicJ
                  VicJ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  DanielHK, Thanks for the info.

Will I have to send HR my college transcripts again (after this IPT) even though they already have all of that information? I got as far as the poly last time and then just never heard back.

Comment

• tfnsylmz
                  tfnsylmz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think you start over everything for every exam as far as i read here.

• VicJ
                  VicJ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My email for the IPT says to bring transcripts to the mandatory hiring event.

• ChicagoRoots
                  ChicagoRoots commented
                  Editing a comment
                  mine says to bring them to the mandatory hiring event too

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5053 users online. 234 members and 4819 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X