300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BryanLRS View Post
    I applied for an exam reschedule because I have drill with the National Guard that weekend. I received an email saying they would make a decision AFTER the May 5 exam date and if the request is granted I would test in the fall of 2018. If the request is not granted, I would have to reapply and to test in the fall of 2018 - does this mean I'll effectively be missing out on this exam process? Are they holding an entire new application process in fall 2018?
    Most likely...

Comment

Who's ready for tomorrow? Round 3 here.
      DHS CBP Officer 19-4
      NOR Written: 2/11/19 - Pass
      NOR Fitness Test: 4/2/19 - Pass
      NOR Interview: 4/10/19 - Pass
      NOR Medical: 2/26/19 - Pass

CPD 2017 #5xxx
      IPT: 11/11/17
      PHQ submitted :11/22/17
      Kentech PHQ submitted: 12/12/17
      Home Interview: 12/17/17
      Case Manager assigned: 12/22/17
      Polygraph: 01/18/18
      Kentech to CPD: 1/22/18
      CPD 12-2017 #4xxx
      IPT: 03/17/18
      Processing: 03/24/18
      PHQ submitted: 03/30/18
      CPD 05-2018 #2xx
      IPT: 07/14/18
      Processing: 07/21/18

Comment

My third time also..

Comment

Their goal for this exam is IPT and/or notices going out for July. For this round, the earliest candidates would be in the academy is Sept. Betting the next exam is Oct or Nov.
          DHS CBP Officer 19-4
          NOR Written: 2/11/19 - Pass
          NOR Fitness Test: 4/2/19 - Pass
          NOR Interview: 4/10/19 - Pass
          NOR Medical: 2/26/19 - Pass

CPD 2017 #5xxx
          IPT: 11/11/17
          PHQ submitted :11/22/17
          Kentech PHQ submitted: 12/12/17
          Home Interview: 12/17/17
          Case Manager assigned: 12/22/17
          Polygraph: 01/18/18
          Kentech to CPD: 1/22/18
          CPD 12-2017 #4xxx
          IPT: 03/17/18
          Processing: 03/24/18
          PHQ submitted: 03/30/18
          CPD 05-2018 #2xx
          IPT: 07/14/18
          Processing: 07/21/18

Comment

Same exact test as December. I remembered a lot of the answers so it was a breeze.

Comment

Can I bring my phone in? Need to Uber; but it said no electronics.

Comment

• southpaw1
                southpaw1 commented
                Editing a comment
                You should be able to check that in. I'm pretty sure there's a coat check area/station. It's like $3 or $4. Even though it's 80 degrees!

• NGUChris
                NGUChris commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah they hand out plastic bags to put your stuff in. $4 cash only to hold onto my phone and sunglasses...

Or wait until you’re seated, give it to the proctor and pick it up at the customer service desk in the testing room for free.

• DanielHK
                DanielHK commented
                Editing a comment
                They'll give you a plastic bag to use for "coat check" and you can put all your belongings inside. It's $4.

Did anyone else notice that their section was half empty? I’m curious to see what the final turnout and pass rate was. Must be the smallest turn out in years.

Comment

• rr743
                rr743 commented
                Editing a comment
                When I took it in 2013 It was packed! then in April 2017 I noticed a few empty seats, come December 2017 more than half; sections were empty, now I'm sure it was waaaaay less people. I was signed up to go in today but already waiting on NTR for academy.

I think it has something to do with the DQ rate that discourages people along with how long it takes for some to finish the process.

• fmcorr3
                fmcorr3 commented
                Editing a comment
                rr743 I think you're right. I feel like CPD has made it seem like it's easier to get into the academy than it really is. Now people have realized that and have stopped testing. People having to wait over a year on the background doesn't help either.

• golfdelta117
                golfdelta117 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, less and less people seem to be applying. 2nd run today but I'm scheduled for FPT and Psych on May 19 + 20th, figured why not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• GonzJ12
                GonzJ12 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, my section was half full, for sure.

We’re we supposed to get finger printed today? I thought it said that in the packet.

Comment

• NGUChris
                NGUChris commented
                Editing a comment
                No they said during the pre-testing announcement fingerprinting would not happen today.

It was pretty empty. I was shocked. I was all the way in the back (Section 1). I couldn’t hear the instructor lady well. That test was unbelievably easy. The most difficult portion to me was differentiating the mugshots. Maybe I am an idiot, but those and the spatial reasoning. It just gave me a headache.

Comment

• lummers13
                lummers13 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yea, much more empty than December... crazy I wonder what the official number of people who tested today was. But it was easy. I find the IOS mugshots the hardest out of all the other police exams, but I find it easiest just to take a quick glance and not sit and ponder on each face. Usually the answer pops out at you pretty quick.

• Fatal
                Fatal commented
                Editing a comment
                Sometimes you have to cover parts of the faces and compare. .

• NGUChris
                NGUChris commented
                Editing a comment
                The chin and nose are good differentiators

• Fatal
                Fatal commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah as well as eye color/skin color.

Is it true 70% is considered passing? So you have to get 25 of those questions wrong to fail? The pass rate must be 90% then.

Comment

• Fatal
                Fatal commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, it's a 70% pass rate. That's not the issue though. A lot of people can't pass other phases.

Originally posted by Mike_vaughn View Post
              Is it true 70% is considered passing? So you have to get 25 of those questions wrong to fail? The pass rate must be 90% then.
              It's true the written exam isn't the issue for most people. People have off days though. However, there's no difference between failing a written police entrance exam vs failing a physical exam (or failing any other stage of the process). The POWER test gets a lot of people who underestimate it. Then, there's people who fail the drug tests, people who lie/contradict themselves on the background investigation phase, or don't get accepted due to the psychological exam results.

Comment

There were a lot of empty seats in the morning session, I'm assuming the same thing for the afternoon. I wonder what the final total of how many showed up is.

Comment

I believe they said on the news cpd has a problem where half of the applicants never show for the test 1 or the other. I'm guessing they just move on, no longer interested, don't think they can pass so why bother. They were even calling applicants to remind them to come to the test! And, pretty soon they might have to beg and give bonuses for being hired like other cities!

Comment

When can we expect lottery numbers ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_vaughn View Post
                      When can we expect lottery numbers ?
                      September per my guy at Human Resources.

Comment

• VicJ
                        VicJ commented
                        Editing a comment
                        4 months seems way to long to receive a lottery number especially when they said that it's possible that people from this exam can be in the academy in September.

• ChicagoRoots
                        ChicagoRoots commented
                        Editing a comment
                        before exam was administered, dude on microphone said power test would likely be in july

• GonzJ12
                        GonzJ12 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Got mine yesterday.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5555 users online. 305 members and 5250 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X