Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gadams22 No red flags to my knowledge!Mike_vaughn Thank you! VicJ Let’s get it!!!

Comment

• 80 days since my poly. I’m going to call next week if I don’t hear anything this week. I got a phone call from a 312 number today and got excited, when I answered it was someone speaking Chinese that dialed wrong

Comment

• VicJ
        VicJ commented
        Editing a comment
        Answer your "scam likely" calls. Every time my investigator called me that's what the caller id said. If I would have known that before I would have answered those calls back in December when I received a bunch of them smh.

• Mike_vaughn
        Mike_vaughn commented
        Editing a comment
        ****! I always ignore those!

• Mike_vaughn I’m sorry, I know that feeling well. I would call and check in for your status.

Good luck.

Comment

• I called investigations. The guy who answered was super nice. I was assigned an investigator (good news?), got his name and was transferred over to him, but he wasn’t available. I left a voicemail. Hopefully I hear back from him.

Comment

• rms0012
          rms0012 commented
          Editing a comment
          Can you PM me that number?

• Mike_vaughn
          Mike_vaughn commented
          Editing a comment
          Sent it to you

• VicJ can you enable your PMs?

Comment

• VicJ
          VicJ commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry just seen this message now. I just enabled my pm's

• Did anybody received their FPT email.

Comment

• VicJ
          VicJ commented
          Editing a comment
          I did. March 16 at 6am

• Mike_vaughn
          Mike_vaughn commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats Vic!! Crush it!

• VicJ
          VicJ commented
          Editing a comment
          Mike_vaughn thanks man, will do

• VicJ Congrats Man!

Comment

• gadams22
          gadams22 commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you receive your invited for FPT.

• VicJ
          VicJ commented
          Editing a comment
          DittyBlue thanks

• Welp. I failed my IPT for the second time. First time for this process. I will be called back another time to re-test. I don't know what to say. I'm just not a runner.. I run 3x a week, 1.5 miles per run and I did 11/14 laps in the Filmore Location in 11 minutes. I was too out of breath to continue on so I dropped out of the run. I'd like to think that I could've done a bit better if I ran with more than 2 hours of sleep.
        Last edited by AspiringChicagoCop; 03-02-2019, 10:10 AM.

Comment

• southpaw1
          southpaw1 commented
          Editing a comment
          That sucks. I'm not a fan of the indoor runs but you just have to adjust to it. Be ready to go next time. Pace yourself. Get some rest (like more than 2 hours!) and I don't recommend running the day before. "Mind over matter"... if you want it just push yourself!

• Originally posted by AspiringChicagoCop View Post
        Welp. I failed my IPT for the second time. First time for this process. I will be called back another time to re-test. I don't know what to say. I'm just not a runner.. I run 3x a week, 1.5 miles per run and I did 11/14 laps in the Filmore Location in 11 minutes. I was too out of breath to continue on so I dropped out of the run. I'd like to think that I could've done a bit better if I ran with more than 2 hours of sleep.
        Keep running weekly. Try the stair master and even a stationary bike at the gym. Anything that continues to build endurance. You will get there.
        Last edited by Mike_vaughn; 03-02-2019, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• Does anyone know what the parking situation is like at the Fillmore location?

Comment

• DittyBlue
            DittyBlue commented
            Editing a comment
            Very Scarce. Get there earlier than the paper says

• Anyone needing to move the city for the job and looking for a good deal on a studio apartment PM me. P.O owned building on the northwest side near Oak Park Ave and Dickens. Also have a 3bd 2 bath available but I wouldn’t recommend it on a PPO salary unless you have a roomate.

Comment

• Question for those who never really played sports and was not a natural runner: How did you prepare for the 1.5 mile run?

Comment

• ND2626
              ND2626 commented
              Editing a comment
              Just run, consistently. I’ve been doing stuff my entire life that involves running, and it’s tough to run distance if you don’t consistently do it. It’s endurance, nothing more. Instead of running just 1.5 miles, run 2 miles, or more. Build up your legs. Don’t over think it, like I said it’s just endurance, that’s all. The more you do it, the better you get at it.

• Originally posted by AspiringChicagoCop View Post
            Question for those who never really played sports and was not a natural runner: How did you prepare for the 1.5 mile run?
            Don’t give up bro. I failed 2 at nipsta and 2 at cpd took me til the 5th try to pass the power test lmao I’m not a runner when it comes to timed distance. Now I’m working the streets, stayed focused you got this.

One thing I recommend is to hydrate a lot. Try to consume at least 2L of water or more everyday and hydrate the day before the power test don’t hydrate the day of. I noticed a big difference and my body didn’t fatigue like it did in my previous p.test. Swimming helped me build my cardiovascular breathing so i wouldn’t get winded.

Comment

• I have to attend the Physical Exam 03/10/2019. Do i need to bring my official college transcripts on that day, or for the mandatory hiring event on 03/16/2019?

Comment

• I received the email for FPT Saturday the 16th at 6am and following day will be the Evaluation. Anyone know what to expect with the psychological Evaluation?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4750 users online. 161 members and 4589 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X