Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know when the next academy is?

Comment

• southpaw1
      southpaw1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm hearing the same about a slow down for a few months as a few of us mentioned. No FPTs in the last 2 weeks is a good indication of that so far. A Metro class (suburban departments) starts Monday because another one is about to be done soon. Hang in there in the meantime!

• Damn, really hope they don’t slow down the hiring process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike_vaughn View Post
      Damn, really hope they don’t slow down the hiring process.
      The 2019 PDF for the future of CPD states they anticipate to hire 500 officers in 2019. So hopefully they offer another written exam in May of 2019 like they have been doing the past two years (2 a year one in winter one in summer). I’m sure they will give another written exam in 2019. Based on the fact when they gave the written exam in 2013 12,000 people passed the exam when it used to cost $35 an application but when they gave the last time exam on May 2018 (free application) only 3,900 passed the exam. So less people are applying. Plus Chicago being the 2nd biggest PD in the US means they will probably offer a test every 1-2 years just to keep with people retiring and being promoted. So after this huge surge to hire people 100-200 officers a year to be hired would probably be the new norm.

but I could be all wrong plus it depends on the new mayor and all the political BS in the city. But the hiring will slow down. According to that 2019 PDF for CPD they are at 13,600 officers which is fully staffed I believe. So who knows. Just going to have to wait and see
      Last edited by Tj_floros; 01-09-2019, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• rms0012
        rms0012 commented
        Editing a comment
        2019 PDF? Is that an acronym or a document you're referring to?

• http://home.chicagopolice.org/wp-con...19-January.pdf

Comment

• This is publicly available info and is subject to change but as I mentioned hang in there......there is hope!

Upcoming Academy Class Dates
        • 02/18/2019 - 08/18/2019 (Chicago Basic Recruit Academy)
        • 03/18/2019 - 09/18/2019 (Chicago Basic Recruit Academy)
        • 04/16/2019 - 10/16/2019 (Chicago Basic Recruit Academy)
        • 05/13/2019 - 09/13/2019 (Metro BLE Academy)
        • 05/16/2019 - 11/16/2019 (Chicago Basic Recruit Academy)
        • 06/17/2019 - 12/17/2019 (Chicago Basic Recruit Academy)
        • 07/16/2019 - 01/16/2020 (Chicago Basic Recruit Academy)
        • 08/16/2019 - 02/16/2020 (Chicago Basic Recruit Academy)
        • 09/16/2019 - 01/18/2020 (Metro BLE Academy)
        • 09/16/2019 - 03/16/2020 (Chicago Basic Recruit Academy)
        • 10/16/2019 - 04/16/2020 (Chicago Basic Recruit Academy)
        • 11/18/2019 - 05/18/2020 (Chicago Basic Recruit Academy)
        • 12/16/2019 - 06/16/2020 (Chicago Basic Recruit Academy)
        Last edited by southpaw1; 01-09-2019, 06:09 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• cpdbg1821
          cpdbg1821 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks!!!! Been waiting since 2013 so a few more months
          is no problem. Good luck guys

• jisho1983
          jisho1983 commented
          Editing a comment
          This gives me hope. Took my poly on 12/6 and haven't heard anything yet. Keeping my fingers crossed.

• Mike_vaughn
          Mike_vaughn commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you! Hoping to be in one of those classes!

• southpaw1
          southpaw1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah no problem guys. Just keep preparing physically, mentally and financially (can't stress saving as much as you can if possible). You'll do the POWER Test 3 more times in the academy and it doesn't matter if its 15 degrees like today.

• I wonder if anyone from the May 2018 exam has been hired yet. Took my poly 11/3 and still have not heard anything back yet. The examiner said my charts looked good so that's a positive. I made the final eligibility list for Cicero and Evergreen Park so if I can make it on a suburb list then I'm sure I can get on with the city, the department I really want to be with.
        Last edited by VicJ; 01-13-2019, 06:53 AM.

Comment

• rms0012
          rms0012 commented
          Editing a comment
          I took it 10/31 and same here...

• southpaw1
          southpaw1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah someone in the 18-11 (NOV) class posted their timeline in the other thread. That's good you made those lists so good job on that. From the final eligibility list generally once they reach your name there are a few some steps. They will contact you for background, poly, psych, medical and academy final POWER test (this is the suburban depts your mentioned).

• Jay2337
          Jay2337 commented
          Editing a comment
          im in the academy now and theres a few in my class from the may 2018 exam

• Originally posted by VicJ View Post
        I wonder if anyone from the May 2018 exam has been hired yet. Took my poly 11/3 and still have not heard anything back yet. The examiner said my charts looked good so that's a positive. I made the final eligibility list for Cicero and Evergreen Park so if I can make it on a suburb list then I'm sure I can get on with the city, the department I really want to be with.
        Someone posted a timeline in the wrong thread who got hired from this exam.

I don’t think there was a January academy which can maybe explain the delay. I took my Poly 12/7 and nothing yet as well. Hopefully no news is good news for the group of us waiting.

Comment

• Jay2337
          Jay2337 commented
          Editing a comment
          There was a January academy but the class was smaller than usual

• If the next academy class is 2/18. When is a realistic time for the final power date?

Comment

• jisho1983
          jisho1983 commented
          Editing a comment
          I wonder what the possibilities of there being another power test for the February class are....

• southpaw1
          southpaw1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Okay well there's your answer and jisho1983 I wouldn't be surprised if there is another one for February. Also you could get invited to that one very last minute. It happens all the time.

• jisho1983
          jisho1983 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks southpaw1. I didn't think the wait/process would be this mentally tasking. At times it's been hard to keep going because I want it so bad like others here. I just have to keep trusting the process and telling myself it will happen when it's supposed to happen.

• southpaw1
          southpaw1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah jisho1983 know that all to well. Trust me it's a great feeling to see the struggle and hard work payoff with a job offer but like you said you gotta trust the process and be patient. Good luck.

• Happy to see some movement for some of you. Passed my poly, havent heard back yet. fingers crossed

Comment

• rms0012
          rms0012 commented
          Editing a comment
          When’d you take yours?

• If you pass the poly, how are you notified, by email, letter or phone? Also if you fail the poly do you get notified? My examiner said my charts looked good so I'm assuming I passed the poly but this wait is killing me mentally.

Comment

• tfnsylmz
          tfnsylmz commented
          Editing a comment
          1- if you pass the poly that's meaning you'll take FPT as next step. I've read the old forums some of them just got e-mail for FPT invitation some of them got a call from their BI and then got e-mail.

2- they don't call you for poly DQ. you'll get a DQ letter by mail but it takes very long time.

I took poly on June 2018 and never heard back so i assume letter is on the way for me but they say it may even take a year because it comes from City Hall.

• DJ012891
          DJ012891 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was told the day of my poly that i passed and to stay in shape. Very thankful she told me up front because i was nervous. Hang in there guys, its going to happen for us

• Mike_vaughn
          Mike_vaughn commented
          Editing a comment
          My Poly examiner told me someone else reviews the charts that he couldn’t tell me whether or not I passed (I never asked - he said that unprompted).. He walked me out and asked me what the next step was or if I had my interview with my BI yet. My poly went pretty easily other than a tiny interrogation at the end where I didn’t change my answer. He was a nice guy. But, again, I wasn’t told whether or not I passed. I really wish I knew.

• I took my psych and medical in June which I unfortunately was found unsuitable but passed on the appeal. Have my FTP coming up on Jan 19 and was wondering if someone knows if I will have to do the medical again? In the email I received from HR it stated, “disregard psych notice. You have passed your psych and medical.” So just wondering if they will make me do another medical with them cause I heard that medicals are good up to a year but I do not know how accurate that information is?

Comment

• Are you guys running in the snow for FPT today? Hahaha have fun and good luck!

Comment

• Anybody contacted for the FPT coming up for a February academy date?

Comment

• Originally posted by rms0012 View Post
              Anybody contacted for the FPT coming up for a February academy date?
              Nope fingers crossed

Comment

• rms0012
                rms0012 commented
                Editing a comment
                Same here man

• Does anyone know the name of the white kind of older lady officer that is at like all the POWER tests and the process the following day? She’s extremely nice and would hand out ties to candidates that may have forgotten them. I’m trying to get into contact with her so if anyone can help, I’d appreciate it!!!

Comment

• southpaw1
                southpaw1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Call the CPD HR number on your forms. Probably too late today but chances are they will figure out who it is or she might answer. I wouldn't post the name publicly but anyone hired in the last several years knows who you are talking about haha.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10026 users online. 481 members and 9545 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X