Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kentech submitted my background yesterday..

Waiting for the polygraph call now.. I know I shouldn’t get excited but I feel I’m getting closer to the finish line.

Comment

• DittyBlue
      DittyBlue commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s good news!

• Anyone know how long it usually takes to find out results after taking the written psych exam?
    Last edited by Armanii91; 11-12-2018, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• Cpdd
      Cpdd commented
      Editing a comment
      About a week or two

• It's been 12 business days and still haven't heard about my polygraph results. Anyone know how long it typically takes?

Comment

• tfnsylmz
      tfnsylmz commented
      Editing a comment
      12 business days? 6 months here... you may hear very soon but you also may wait forever... it depends

• NGUChris
      NGUChris commented
      Editing a comment
      Typical time is a month to a year. I’m going on 10 months here.

• VicJ
      VicJ commented
      Editing a comment
      Damn. My examiner made it seem like I would know my results within 2 weeks and hr would contact me for the next steps.

• Still waiting to get my poly scheduled ..

Comment

• It’s been almost two months for me. Took my poly 10/1.

Comment

• I took my poly on the 17th and was notified four days later that I had passed and been assigned a background investigator who would be passing up my file to his supervisor shortly assuming no red flags were discovered over the next few days/weeks. Is this a good sign that my poly was processed so quickly or does it not mean anything?

Comment

• VicJ
          VicJ commented
          Editing a comment
          That was quick. I wonder if they're still going my lottery numbers. What was your lottery number?

• Anyone who took the FTP NOV 10th hear anything back? Or is it this week

Comment

• Cpdd
          Cpdd commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah ok! We are apart of the same group then. Yes a few people from our group got their NTR to the academy. I haven't yet though. I'm waiting on my medical results. Fingers crossed we get our NTR soonn

• Devinhester23
          Devinhester23 commented
          Editing a comment
          For the NOV? i do remember the guy saying some will get into the nov class.

• Cpdd
          Cpdd commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. It's been 2 weeks and they said they are still waiting on medical results so I am getting a little worried something is up

• Devinhester23
          Devinhester23 commented
          Editing a comment
          Have you called concetra? I’ll prob call them today

• Hello guys can someone tell me if you fail the fpt do they call you again for retest. I failed my running part in the fpt.

Comment

• Cpdd
          Cpdd commented
          Editing a comment
          They should give you another shot. A few people failed their running and was able to retake it

• FPT question- for the sit ups do you have to break the 90 degree plane like in the instruction video or do you only need to touch your knees with your elbows?

Comment

• DanielHK
          DanielHK commented
          Editing a comment
          It depends on who is the instructor that's counting them. There's one particular instructor that really pays attention and wants them done just like the video or she won't count them. And I've seen other instructors look at the timer on their phone and just barely look at the sit ups with their peripheral vision.

• Polygraph scheduled for next week!

Comment

• jibbsam
          jibbsam commented
          Editing a comment
          How did they contact you? Kentech submitted my background a couple days after you posted yours was submitted. Also did they pick a date or ask you to pick one? I'm out of state and it's nice having extra foresight for work and flying out.

• I’m out of state also - they called me yesterday. Asked when I could come in and I was conveniently flying back the same week.

Comment

• jibbsam
          jibbsam commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! I got my call today, poly scheduled in January. Good luck with the process!

• Is there still going to be academy classes every month for the near future?

Comment

• Devinhester23
          Devinhester23 commented
          Editing a comment
          I highly doubt it. It’s only Rahm team to add this much more cops. I think It’ll be regulated after this exam.

• Don't quote me on this but just keep in mind it all depends on the next Mayor. There will be a Mayoral race on Feb 26th 2019 in Chicago so it's sort of up in the air for at least a few months into next year but I would imagine if you're close and being considered it should be a big disruption or anything.

Comment

• I took my Poly the other day. It was an interesting experience. The guy was very nice, walked me out, didn’t give me any indication whether I passed or not. It took 45 mins of questioning once we started.

At the end he said I was sensitive to one of the questions. I wasn’t lying so kept to my word. I really hope I passed.

Comment

• There was a post on scc today about a rumor going around. The academy might be going into hibernation mode for a while due to lack of interest in the job. Hope it’s not true

Comment

• VicJ
              VicJ commented
              Editing a comment
              That's ridiculous. There's 100's of us on here alone that want this job. I personally took 3 out of the last 4 tests, I'm as serious as anyone that wants this career. Took my polygraph 11-3-18 and still haven't heard anything back. The examiner said my charts looked good and made it seem like I would have my results within two weeks.

• cpdbg1821
              cpdbg1821 commented
              Editing a comment
              Have you been assigned an investigator yet?

• VicJ
              VicJ commented
              Editing a comment
              Not that I'm aware of. Took the poly 6 weeks, the examiner said my charts looked good but had to still review them which she said would take a week or so. Then she will notify hr and that they would contact me for the next steps. No one has contacted me informing me that I passed the poly or call to say that they have been assigned to my case. So don't know what is going on. If I don't year back after the new year then I think I'm going to call hr to see what's going on.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4692 users online. 211 members and 4481 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X