300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IDOC Oral Interview

In October, I took the exam, passed. Did well with everything else. I called the screening office to see where my letter was, they never sent it out but did get my score and let me know my scores. My question is, how can I do better at the oral interview? I dressed as if we were gonna do a physical agility test, it never happened. Should I dress up? any insight would be helpful, thanks.

Did they tell you were on the list?

Comment

Any type of promotions at a job college military all that stuff helps the first test is pass fail the second test is the video that is a point system I believe after that you’ll have six questions all worth up to three points pretty much every correct answer is call for back up then you can get extra points towards your overall score

Comment

• Tactical_Viking
      Tactical_Viking commented
      Editing a comment
      Didn't think of that one.

What was your score

Comment

You’ll probably laugh. 58

Comment

58 is good. Better then mine.

Comment

58 is actually not bad my buddy just got the call and he had a score of 57 my score was 65 they have change the scoring system now though if you were using the old system 57 and 65 is incredibly decent and awesome if you use the new scoring system that’s horrible lol

Comment

When did they change it

Comment

I scored somewhere around that too. The question is, what County did you put down. Many of the southern minimum and medium facilities are not hiring. Get in a max. That is who is hiring and you will also have the ability for OT once you're certified.

Comment

The spoonriver one. I was told by some guards that they are hiring

Comment

I scored a 53 last April and I called to ask what my chances were for Stateville and they said they don’t usually get down into the 50’s

Comment

lol ouch, I think I will be retesting anyway. I was just seeing what advice I could get on the oral interview, never having worked in DOC. I gave what answers I thought were best.

Comment

We just got called for Stateville we’re leaving for the Academy next Monday I scored a 65 which is the most I can get without military or college they did make it down to 55 I had a couple buddies that tested and got the call for this Academy and they scored 55 56 and 58

Comment

• urkebre
                        urkebre commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That’s good to hear! I thought I had no chance..since that phone call, but how many academies do they have every year? I would expire in March or April I don’t exactly remember when I tested but I know I got a 53

• urkebre
                        urkebre commented
                        Editing a comment
                        And congrats on the call!!!!!

Lucky, congrats man. Hopefully I get starting sometime next week. I was told the prison you applied for doesn’t call. That it’s done out of Springfield. My fingers are crossed.

Comment

A call not starting. Damn typos.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7616 users online. 436 members and 7180 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X