300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is the next CPD test?

EDITED to not get people worried.........

does anyone know or heard when the next CPD written exam is? I still want this job.
    Last edited by ChgoPaintball; 03-31-2007, 05:16 AM.

Bummer getting DQ'd. Keep your head up and remember that CPD isn't the only agency in the world(although it is one of the finest).

Don't quit, apply again and hope for better luck next time!

Good luck!

Comment

sorry to hear about that. how did you find out? did you have your background check done already?

Comment

Originally posted by MillerTime83
        sorry to hear about that. how did you find out? did you have your background check done already?
        yes. 3 weeks ago was my home BI interview. he said everything looks fine for me and i should get a letter in the mail saying when the final test is. instead i get a letter saying im not psychologically fit for a police officer in the city of chicago. Yeah im still going to try it. Looking at suburbs again even though there are more competitive than a large city.

Comment

Sorry to hear the bad news. Don't give up keep trying and hopefully there will be applications coming out soon for subs or CPD. When did you have your psych and how long before you received your letter? I thought it was wierd that the BI didn't have no idea about your DQ on the psych when you had your interview. Unless the results weren't in at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by CCDOC
            Sorry to hear the bad news. Don't give up keep trying and hopefully there will be applications coming out soon for subs or CPD. When did you have your psych and how long before you received your letter? I thought it was wierd that the BI didn't have no idea about your DQ on the psych when you had your interview. Unless the results weren't in at the time.
            Psych interview was in mid January. Its funny because I brought up the interview to my BI when he came over. He just responded, dont ask dont know. Felt kinda fishy about it. At least I know what to do the next round.

Comment

I took my oral on 1-23...no letter yet thankfully...I think people who get DQ should at least be told what they may have done or said wrong.....the psych test is 1500 questions, I mean everyone is going to say something wrong or that they didnt mean just by pure human error.

Comment

Originally posted by 0311Grunt
                I took my oral on 1-23...no letter yet thankfully...I think people who get DQ should at least be told what they may have done or said wrong.....the psych test is 1500 questions, I mean everyone is going to say something wrong or that they didnt mean just by pure human error.
                Exactly. Someone who I work with think its some political stuff. Gf thinks its more of that im a nice guy rather than an aggressive person.

I just mailed out a letter to my BI since he gave me two self addressed envelopes to him. I thought, it wouldnt hurt my chances now so i might as well ask him why this happened? Im sure I wont get a response or a solid answer. But it was worth a try.

Thanks for all your support. Just would like to find out when the next app is so I can try again.

Good luck to you all.

Comment

I know that it sucks to fail the psych (I know personally). But know and understand that you will never get the reason why. It's just how it works and you signed away your rights to the results. You'll go through your period of disbelief, but remember that at least you get to reapply as many times as needed. I know that helped me. P.S. Don't bother asking your BI. He/She will always be assigned to you, so you don't want to annoy them in any way. Aside from the fact that they simply get a report saying, "recommended" or "not recommended." They don't analyze and interpret your results.

Comment

thanks round 2. Yeah after an hour of mailing the letter, I wish I didnt for some reason. But like your name says...im ready for a round 2. And I think I know what I did wrong. So that should help me out.

Comment

Hey paintball, when you had your psch interview did any red flags come up? What kind of questions did he or she ask? Because maybe the psch brought up a topic which may have given you a clue to where you did bad on the writen test. Or did the psychiatris tell you everything was ok with the results?

Comment

ChgoPaintball looks like Ill be joining you on the next test date. Received my rejection letter too

Comment

Originally posted by CCDOC
                          Hey paintball, when you had your psch interview did any red flags come up? What kind of questions did he or she ask? Because maybe the psch brought up a topic which may have given you a clue to where you did bad on the writen test. Or did the psychiatris tell you everything was ok with the results?
                          every answer I was asked seem to be the opposite that he was holding on the paper. im reaclling the Drinking questions such as "my drinking habits never effect me at work." I said false because I dont drink, therefore I dont have any habits so they dont effect me at work. I read too much into the question on the exam.

Scott: Sorry to hear man. we will make it in the next test. I have a big feeling on this, since I know what I did wrong and remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott32
                            ChgoPaintball looks like Ill be joining you on the next test date. Received my rejection letter too
                            Bummer, Scott! Better luck next time! Hang in there guys, I know it sucks to have to wait another year or so to process. However, if hired, you will know that you were blessed. Being a PO is the best job in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Round 2
                              I know that it sucks to fail the psych (I know personally). But know and understand that you will never get the reason why. It's just how it works and you signed away your rights to the results. You'll go through your period of disbelief, but remember that at least you get to reapply as many times as needed. I know that helped me. P.S. Don't bother asking your BI. He/She will always be assigned to you, so you don't want to annoy them in any way. Aside from the fact that they simply get a report saying, "recommended" or "not recommended." They don't analyze and interpret your results.
                              I never got any indication from my BI that it was an annoyance to call them...I mean obviously don't call them every week asking "How much longer?" but if you have a legit question, or if you just want to check up once a month, I don't see the problem. Just don't be a pain.
                              As far as when the next test will be, I would assume in 2008, with running 4 tests in 2006, I would think they would use 2007 to process those test takers before looking to test again...
                              Last edited by 0311Grunt; 04-01-2007, 02:13 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6169 users online. 345 members and 5824 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X