Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best and worst Chicago Police superintendent?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best and worst Chicago Police superintendent?

Hello, for any Chicago Police officers on this forum who would you say the best and worst superintendent of CPD is?

The worst was Weis, as he had no clue what was going on. Being FBI doesn't make you the Police. Believed he was the smartest guy in the world, and everyone else was an idiot. Leroy Martin was close second to Weis, maybe tied for 1st place. Vindictive, POS, with a little man complex, who had one foot in prison and one out.

Best, IMHO, was Phil Cline. Came through the ranks as one of us, didn't look to screw people if you meant well, but something turned sideways on you. Don't be surprised if you were on an in progress call, and turn to the guy next to you and it's Cline, with his gun in his hand.

This is all during my tenure on the job (86-2013).

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
      The worst was Weis, as he had no clue what was going on. Being FBI doesn't make you the Police. Believed he was the smartest guy in the world, and everyone else was an idiot. Leroy Martin was close second to Weis, maybe tied for 1st place. Vindictive, POS, with a little man complex, who had one foot in prison and one out.

Best, IMHO, was Phil Cline. Came through the ranks as one of us, didn't look to screw people if you meant well, but something turned sideways on you. Don't be surprised if you were on an in progress call, and turn to the guy next to you and it's Cline, with his gun in his hand.

This is all during my tenure on the job (86-2013).
      Cool, where would you put Terry Hilard? Thanks

Comment

• ChiTownDet
        ChiTownDet commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought that Hillard was a decent guy. He knew the streets and what the coppers went through. Didn't always agree with things he did, but I believe he cared about the guys on the job. I just wish he didn't change our stars..

• Chicago1991
        Chicago1991 commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool, how come there is always a disconnect between the Police superintendent and the rank and file officers? Thank you and Mary Christmas

Conflicting interests. The superintendent works for and answers to the mayor. Admin is concerned with keeping politicians happy and costs down. Rank and file is concerned with not getting hurt or killed and not getting scammed out of earnings and benefits.

Comment

• ChiTownDet
        ChiTownDet commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually, once you are Supt, you BECOME a politician.

Interesting, would you say that moral at CPD started to go down hill, when Weiss became superintendent? Thanks

Comment

It started really going downhill when we got to be about 3000 short. Det's went from about 1500 to 7-800. No time for proactive policing, just running from call to call, dics handling job to job, no time to really investigate things. Cookie cutter Police. This was all Richie Daley's doing. Weis was the ultimate "F you" to the Police in this city. Then, OPS changing to IPRA and now COPA (no matter how you package shiate, it's still shiate). These are a civilian agency. Where they get off getting involved in criminal investigations is beyond me.

And with Rham as mayor, close the door, CPD is toast. Welcoming a flawed DOJ audit of the CPD, that amazingly is put out in Obama's last week as POTUS. Then suing the new admin to have this enforced by the new DOJ. Welcoming the ACLU to dictate the stop sheets that must be completed on any street or car stops. Welcoming body cameras, that have overwhelmingly used to hammer coppers for petty infractions. A Mayor that wants the CPD Pension to go bust. Aldermen wanting the BI for CPD to get watered down, for "diversity's" sake. Coppers being stripped for protecting themselves or their partners. All because the Police shot a knife wielding attacker. All during one of the most violent times in this City's history.

People that get on now have to really get in their head that they are one stop, one call from losing their job. Those that post some of the things on this board are reminiscing about a CPD that no longer exists. I believe a lot of people want to get on CPD because they are enamored with saying they are CPD, because doing what CPD did to curb crime is over. Like getting on a job where you are told from day 1 not to do anything, to protect your job? There are other places where this isn't happening , where the Police can still be the Police. CPD ain't one of them.

And with the current crop of people coming on the job (not all, but a sizable number), if word came out, that the CPD was turned over to the DOJ, and they said, "There will be no CR#'s, no indictments, and do whatever is necessary on these streets to stop this carnage", you would have people that would say, "How many tickets do you want us to write?" This is the "New" CPD.
        Last edited by ChiTownDet; 12-28-2017, 08:21 AM.

Comment

• 19-Paul
          19-Paul commented
          Editing a comment
          This is spot on. So many new people think they have to bring in numbers and they aren’t even assigned to a district yet. Answer your calls, back each other up and stay safe.
          Last edited by 19-Paul; 12-28-2017, 04:20 PM.

Interesting which brings me to another point, why do you think most residents aren't supportive of the police and view them as a necessary evil? And if you could chose would you rather deal with the Lakeview/Lincoln Park/Lakefront Liberal crowd, or the South and West Side Ghetto crowd? And Why? Thanks.

Comment

I wouldn't say that most people are unsupportive of the Police. Vast expanses of the southwest, northwest, and north side like the Police. Only people that don't are the people that need them the most to keep their neighborhoods from becoming akin to ISIS controlled areas of the middle east.

Now my Detective Area, after consolidation by McCarthy (who we all know invented policing as we know it), encompassed both types. Now people on the south side are more realistic, but don't cooperate with the Police, because just as blacks voting democratic, blacks just can't bring it upon themselves to "snitch" on another brother (unless doing so has personal benefits to them ). Now on the north side, a lot of people have the "Rose colored glasses syndrome" and sometimes an unrealistic view of how things should be. I was expected to talk to and act a certain way when I was at 71st and Paxton and a different way when I was at Cedar and LSD. They both have trade offs. But my level for concern about my safety went way down when interacting with the Lincoln Pk crowd .vs the 71st St. crowd. Overwhelmingly more offenders are home grown from Englewood, Roseland, Gresham , Fillmore and Austin than you'll find hailing from Lincoln Pk, Old Norridge, Sauganash and Mt. Greenwood or Beverly.
          But, that doesn't fit the political narrative. That's why Rham wants to reinvent the Police, as the Police can be controlled. Whereas, controlling Mr. 69th & Langley, with movers, parkers and ANOV's, ain't happening.

Every roadblock thrown in front of the Police in recent years to hamper them from doing their jobs, has been thrown there by Richie,Rham, Preckwinckle, or with their approval, and their democratic pals.
          Last edited by ChiTownDet; 12-28-2017, 12:01 PM.

Comment

• Chicago1991
            Chicago1991 commented
            Editing a comment
            Very interesting, now for the Lakefront Liberal crowd what do you mean by unrealistic views? As in MR/MRS Engelwood should be spoken to and treated the same as MR/MRS Lincoln Park? Finally from reading some comments on Second City Cop some would rather work in "the hood" rather then yuppie land why would that be? Thanks.

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
          It started really going downhill when we got to be about 3000 short. Det's went from about 1500 to 7-800. No time for proactive policing, just running from call to call, dics handling job to job, no time to really investigate things. Cookie cutter Police. This was all Richie Daley's doing. Weis was the ultimate "F you" to the Police in this city. Then, OPS changing to IPRA and now COPA (no matter how you package shiate, it's still shiate). These are a civilian agency. Where they get off getting involved in criminal investigations is beyond me.

And with Rham as mayor, close the door, CPD is toast. Welcoming a flawed DOJ audit of the CPD, that amazingly is put out in Obama's last week as POTUS. Then suing the new admin to have this enforced by the new DOJ. Welcoming the ACLU to dictate the stop sheets that must be completed on any street or car stops. Welcoming body cameras, that have overwhelmingly used to hammer coppers for petty infractions. A Mayor that wants the CPD Pension to go bust. Aldermen wanting the BI for CPD to get watered down, for "diversity's" sake. Coppers being stripped for protecting themselves or their partners. All because the Police shot a knife wielding attacker. All during one of the most violent times in this City's history.

People that get on now have to really get in their head that they are one stop, one call from losing their job. Those that post some of the things on this board are reminiscing about a CPD that no longer exists. I believe a lot of people want to get on CPD because they are enamored with saying they are CPD, because doing what CPD did to curb crime is over. Like getting on a job where you are told from day 1 not to do anything, to protect your job? There are other places where this isn't happening , where the Police can still be the Police. CPD ain't one of them.

And with the current crop of people coming on the job (not all, but a sizable number), if word came out, that the CPD was turned over to the DOJ, and they said, "There will be no CR#'s, no indictments, and do whatever is necessary on these streets to stop this carnage", you would have people that would say, "How many tickets do you want us to write?" This is the "New" CPD.
          This!! I got on just to see that last of the old CPD! What CPD is now is nothing like the old CPD and it will only get worse! This whole "be the change" has got to be the biggest slap in the face to all current officers! If anyone coming on the job within the last two years and current thinks that they will be doing the same work as the officers of the past then they are in for a rude awakening! COPA is a beast and its hunting! They are looking for officers to hang in order to justify their existence. I see all these PPO's coming in who are either very timid or complete hard chargers with no self control! These new folks only care about pleasing the boss, making as much friends as they can, getting to be the jean-police, and taking selfies. I'll be honest with anyone and tell you that this department is a joke! I hate saying that because all my life I wanted to be the police and being part of the legendary CPD was a dream com true, but unfortunately politicians, sjw's, and the wrong people on this job have ruined that.

Comment

• Chicago1991
            Chicago1991 commented
            Editing a comment
            And given what is mentioned above do you think CPD and the City of Chicago need new leadership? Including a new Mayor and Police Superintendent? And if you could change CPD what changes would you make? Thanks in advance.

• 19-Paul
            19-Paul commented
            Editing a comment
            Rham has to go....he can take COPA with him. Our hands are tied!

Disregard...
          Last edited by southpaw1; 02-02-2018, 11:30 AM.
          Be Humble. Stay Humble.

Comment

Found this on Second City cop http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/20...hats-this.html thoughts?

Comment

• ht2121
              ht2121 commented
              Editing a comment
              The new hires are cry babies. Cry if they work midnights cry, hit medical if they work a late car, cry if they don't wear plain clothes within a year, but too green and dumb to figure out no one wants to be on teams but them.
              Smart people will get certified and move on.

• mikejones85
              mikejones85 commented
              Editing a comment
              funny seeing how Second city cop is the biggest whiner and cry baby there is. He ****s on fellow coppers worse than the media

• ht2121
              ht2121 commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry kid, he is right. I saw first hand the amount of crying babies that are hired. The nerve to go into a Lt and demand start times when you still have an extra p to your title is a joke. The 3 year wonders running around in jeans chasing and violating department general orders because they are either too stupid to read or just to full of themselves to listen.
              When your a ppo you shut your mouth and learn. I guess the academy is teaching them just bitch and you can get your way.

• mikejones85
              mikejones85 commented
              Editing a comment
              Im not saying hes not right. ive seen it too. witnessed a female cop get pulled from a detail because she whined about the hours (3rd watch) and how its affecting her kidss. Im just saying he whines all the damn time to.

--------------------------
            Last edited by Outsider11; 01-10-2018, 12:23 PM.

Comment

-------------------
              Last edited by Outsider11; 01-10-2018, 12:23 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7554 users online. 296 members and 7258 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X